Hi guys.

I just installed Nato Fighters4+ & all 4 updates.

Awesome work and additions, as usual. Thanks all of you (with a special thought for the one we are missing :salute: ) for these. :clapping:

But I've come accross some oddities. Don't know if some of them are WAD, if I fracked up somewhere during installation or is my rig is so crappy that it causes some of these.

I of course followed religiously and step by step the read-me. All was installed in my (merged) SF2E-exp2.

First one:

post-7785-0-55721900-1301563784.jpg

Definitely something wrong... Any fixes?

Second one:

post-7785-0-47814400-1301563855.jpg

This MiG-15 has no engine sound and the pilot is too much in front. His head is in the hud. And AI does not drop tanks in combat too.

Third one:

post-7785-0-97085700-1301563920.jpg

Is this supposed to be the standard 1986 campaign skin for the M2000?

Cause it's kinda strange (well, that's Yugoslavia flag on the tail...). And there are far better skins in the package. How can I make them default ones?

And last question:

post-7785-0-29869200-1301564059.jpg

Are tiles supposed to be that white-stippled? It's probably all right, but things were greener in my memories.

And bonus question: http://combatace.com/files/file/11188-512x512-tiles-for-ca-starys-hr-sf2e-germanyce-terrain-update/

Does this work with NF4+?

That's a lot of questions. Thanks in advance guys! :drinks:

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

Hi I'll try and answer these but these are NF4+ issues not your particular install but to fix them requires you to edit .ini files if you're comfortable doing that.

1. That is a Windmill and is a known glitch which hasn't ben worked on yet (I think it's too time intensive and a big job)

2. The VT1 engine sound file for MIG-15 is missing (both plain MIG15 and Bis version). There are two ways to fix this -

a. edit the A/C DATA.ini (open both Mig15 DATA.ini files and at the very top there is a "Sounds" section, rename "EngineSoundName=VK1" to "EngineSoundName=JetEngine" OR

b. go to the "sounds" folder in your mod folder and copy "JetEngine" and paste it back into the same folder (it'll be called "Copy of JetEngine") and then rename it VT1.

I don't know how to edit the pilots position but it'll be another .ini change.

3. In the Mirage2000C folder (objects/aircraft/mirage2000c) open the mirage2000c.ini file. There are 4 "texture sets" at the bottom, whatever is Textureset1 is the default skin. Find the skin you prefer and swap the textureset numbers over for the two skins.

4. The white stippled parts are for the autumn textures, depending on when the campaign generator sets the campaign you can have one of 4 seasonal terrains.

5. Stary's 512x512 terrains work with NF4+ (I'm using the 1024x1024 versions on my install).

Hope that helps.

Edited by ianh755

also with your Mig15, check and see if its using the addon for NF4 or the stock one. if its the add on just move the pilot back in the data ini. info on how to follow if needed. if its the stock should work just fine.

Hi I'll try and answer these but these are NF4+ issues not your particular install but to fix them requires you to edit .ini files if you're comfortable doing that.

1. That is a Windmill and is a known glitch which hasn't ben worked on yet (I think it's too time intensive and a big job)

2. The VT1 engine sound file for MIG-15 is missing (both plain MIG15 and Bis version). There are two ways to fix this -

a. edit the A/C DATA.ini (open both Mig15 DATA.ini files and at the very top there is a "Sounds" section, rename "EngineSoundName=VK1" to "EngineSoundName=JetEngine" OR

b. go to the "sounds" folder in your mod folder and copy "JetEngine" and paste it back into the same folder (it'll be called "Copy of JetEngine") and then rename it VT1.

I don't know how to edit the pilots position but it'll be another .ini change.

3. In the Mirage2000C folder (objects/aircraft/mirage2000c) open the mirage2000c.ini file. There are 4 "texture sets" at the bottom, whatever is Textureset1 is the default skin. Find the skin you prefer and swap the textureset numbers over for the two skins.

4. The white stippled parts are for the autumn textures, depending on when the campaign generator sets the campaign you can have one of 4 seasonal terrains.

5. Stary's 512x512 terrains work with NF4+ (I'm using the 1024x1024 versions on my install).

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot, very helpfull. :good:

also with your Mig15, check and see if its using the addon for NF4 or the stock one. if its the add on just move the pilot back in the data ini. info on how to follow if needed. if its the stock should work just fine.

I'm using NF one, no problem in other games. I'll need some help indeed in order to move the pilot back...

And by the way, I would like to try to replace NF4 stock M2000 by the Mirage Factory one. Is this complicated? How do I do this?

Thanks!

And by the way, I would like to try to replace NF4 stock M2000 by the Mirage Factory one. Is this complicated? How do I do this?

Thanks!

There should not be a Mirage 2000 in stock NF. That must have come from some other mod... :dntknw:

There should not be a Mirage 2000 in stock NF. That must have come from some other mod... :dntknw:

Well, there is one all the same in my NF+ install, Column. As well as a 1986 campaign. :blink:

I installed NF4+ & all 4 updates, in the right order, on a clean install. Hence my surprise at your say.

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

Well, there is one all the same in my NF+ install, Column. As well as a 1986 campaign. :blink:

I installed NF4+ & all 4 updates, in the right order, on a clean install. Hence my surprise at your say.

Maybe it it was added by the crew in an update while I was gone.

Yes it was added in an update to take in the Mirage 2000 and a few other fine airplanes as well as carriers to work with the fantastic AV-8B and the fantastic Tomcat...

Maybe it it was added by the crew in an update while I was gone.

yes quite a bit has progressed in your absence. thats what you get for being on a site with so many military folks onboard. people who will take over and get the job done when the head honcho is out!:good:

I'd rather add the MF ones, by the way. How is it possible to do that?

And also regarding moving these pilots backward?

To get the beautiful TMF's trowel in the campaign is pretty simple and it's even simpler by downloading what Jeanba done and posted on Checksix: http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=167654

About moving the pilots back to his position, here's a file in which this issue is fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qo6w7ikdsp9wq2r/MiG-15bisFix.7z

Also included is the missing Seat-M15 (from Wrench's Cuban Fagot-B, original Readme in the Seat's folder).

Simply decompress the archive in a temporary folder, then cut and paste the "Objects" folder to your NF4's "..\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Europe" folder.

To let you know, the fix simply consist in the modification of the "MIG-15BIS_DATA.INI" file, as per Wrench's parameters, specifically the [Pilot] section from:

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
PilotModelName=Early_MiG
Position=0.0,1.95,0.8
//Position=0.0,1.75, 0.8
SeatModelName=SEAT_M15
SeatPosition=0.0,1.77, 0.37

to:

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
PilotModelName=Early_MiG
SetCockpitPosition=TRUE
[b]Position=0.0,1.40, 0.82[/b]
SeatModelName=Seat-M15
[b]SeatPosition=0.0,1.32,0.41[/b]

snap1552.jpg

Another thing I came accross:

post-7785-0-59964800-1301652371.jpg

post-7785-0-89685500-1301652393.jpg

As you can see, something is messed up with the wingtips attach points. There seems to be two attach points there, hence the fusionned Marta-Belouga.

And are you sure my tiles are normal? I frankly find them quite strange, even summer ones... Not much green and very whitish spotted.

post-7785-0-55563200-1301652837.jpg

Emp_Palpatine:

It looks like you used a custom loadout for the Mirage 5F and added two different weapons to the outside wing pylons. The way the weapons stations are constructed, the game will let you do that, but the result is what you see -- two weapons on the same point. The solution is to not load two weapons on the same point when customizing loadouts (the default loadouts don't do this).

I could re-construct the weapons stations so that the game wouldn't let you do that, but it would result in the wrong IRMs being loaded per time period.

Eric Howes

Shouldn't be, unless Stary lost the ini with mapping coords then it would probably be a major PiA...

I could re-construct the weapons stations so that the game wouldn't let you do that, but it would result in the wrong IRMs being loaded per time period.

Eric - if you gave both stations the same Weapon Group number it'd cure this but I can't see how that'd allow the wrong IRM's to be loaded, could you explain? ***EDIT*** I've checked the data.ini and see what you've done WRT creating multiple year IRM stations and can now see where the difficulty lies. You'd have to do the same for the BOMB,RP stations and add new stations to the Wing data, correct?

Emp_Palpatine - Here's my NF4+ Germany Terrains - Winter and Summer (lots of green), I've also a seperate version with Stary's update which looks better as theres 4 seasons.

sf201.jpg

sf202.jpg

PS Having the Flak on "Insane" is right bugger!

Cheers................................................................................IanH

Edited by ianh755

ianh755:

The problem is that if you group all three stations (which is what I originally did), the game starts doing funny things, like ignoring the year restrictions on some of the stations. As a result, you start getting the wrong IRMs loaded through the default loadouts.

Eric Howes

Folks:

I took another look at the Mirage 5F weapon stations, and I've figured out a way to enforce the year restrictions on the different IRMs without allowing players to mistakenly load multiple weapons on the outside pylons. See the attached RAR, which contains two new INIs for the Mirage 5F and three new custom IRMs for the 5F's IRM stations.

Basically, I collapsed the two sets of IRM stations into one, restricted them with the SpecificStationCode, created three new IRMs with that SpecificStationCode, then specified the Magics to be loaded in the Loadout.INI. For years prior to 1975 the only available IRM for the game to grab will be the custom AIM-9B (whereas in my earlier testing it was grabbing other, inappropriate IRMs for pre-1975 years, not the -9B).

Eric Howes

M5F_Alt.rar

Thanks Eric.

@IanH: looks like we do have the same tiles. But mine are by far less colourfull (check my screenshot with the GDR Fulcrum or the bugged windmill on top of page). I used standart NF4+ ones. The one you posted are Stary's ones? Are these the standard ones of NF4+?

There seems to be an issue with the Danish airfield way up north.

462707img00042.jpg

558502img00041.jpg

Of course, they got blown to smithereens seconds after this screenshot.

And now, something totally different: I've installed 512x tiles in my NF4+ install.

627824img00049.jpg

Having fields under the airstrip, and inside an airbase, kinda bother me. Any idea of what I can do to have back some grass-like tiles or whatever that might suits me better?

It's not of a vital importance though.

Emp_Palpatine:

Your first problem is a terrain problem. The Danish airfield FSN.Skrydstrup is one of three new airfields added to that area of the map by the original NF4 Team (the others are Leck and Husum). One of the terrain gurus would have to take a look at this. Tthe airbase area might need re-flattening. Whatever the case, there is no easy fix, unfortunately.

You could try moving the squadrons assigned to FSN.Skrydstrup in the campaigns to Leck Airbase or Husum Airbase, but I can't guarantee you wouldn't run into the same problem at those bases as well.

As for your other problem, you'll need to talk to the folks who released the new tiles you installed.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

one of the reasone I INSIST on 'clear' tiles for airfield zones.

to fix the Danish airfields, yes; they'll need reflattening. If you or some you know (not me sorry -- too busy!) can work the terrain editor, you can create a specific citylist.ini for just those 3 airfields, and use that list to reflatten them

i'd call it nf4citylist.ini, and just list them out with the usual format (i'll use aaa/bbb/ccc for base name (insert the real name found in the targets ini), and xxx and yyy for the X/Y coordinates

[City001]

Name=AAA airbase

TextureType=3

Randomness=0

PositionX=xxx.000000

PositionY=yyy.000000

Width=6.000000

Height=6.000000

HasAirfield=TRUE

[City002]

Name=BBB Airbase

TextureType=3

Randomness=0

PositionX=xxx.000000

PositionY=yyy.000000

Width=6.000000

Height=6.000000

HasAirfield=TRUE

[City003]

Name=CCC Airbase

TextureType=3

Randomness=0

PositionX=xxx.000000

PositionY=yyy.000000

Width=6.000000

Height=6.000000

HasAirfield=TRUE

the PositionX= and PositionY= are taken from the _Targets.ini. You ONLY need the 1st 3 digits of both the coordinate sets.

Example:

Name=Key West NAS

Position=336000.000,680000.000

Radius=6000.000

it takes 5-10 minutes to set up and so forth*. Then, after flattening, move the new HFD into the terrain folder, and fly a mission over each base. Use the free camera view to see if things are flat. Or, if you've got expansionpak 2 with the mission building, create/build a new mission STARTING from those bases. Again, using the free-camera to double/triple check everthing.

now, you just need someone to do it!

*=given the assumption of a preexisting GermanyCE setup Terrain Editor

Edited by Wrench

Hey guys.

Found a few minor things related to custom loadouts for the Mirage IIIE

post-7785-0-22659000-1305555692.jpg

AS-30 is invisible...

post-7785-0-88199000-1305555736.jpg

Another little thing with Belougas.