Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

VAQ-138 on the Boat

Great vid, the old EA-6 going out to the big pasture now. :salute:

Edited by MAKO69

GREAT VIDEO!!! Brings back some fond memories.

My EA-6 only carried 2 people(EA-6A).

The replacement aircraft(E/F-18G) was flown in combat for the first time over Libya

this last week. They covered Marine AV-8's and Navy F-18's going in to shoot up Mr.Ghaddafi's bad guys. :clapping:

Impressive plane :good: and amazingly agile for it's size. Saw it only once, back in 1977 when HM Queen Elizabeth had her 25 year jubilee and one of the supercarriers was in Southampton. For the International Air Tattoo at Greenham Commons the US Navy demonstrated the Prowler, Intruder, Corsair II, Viking and Tomcat, everything in the static display too + a Skywarrior. And for good measure the Aussies flew an A4 from HMAS Melbourne. Unforgettable, those were the days....:salute:

Houdoe,

Derk

Edited by Derk

Man were they fracking loud too.

Indeed, we use to have them come through Ellsworth as transients about once every two or three months or so. Although they seem pretty quiet comparatively to the B-1's here.

I've not heard an F-35 yet, but the AV-8B has to be the loudest single-engine plane without an AB I've ever heard.

The loudest 4-engine plane I've heard so far: DC-8. Puts the B-1 to shame.

I remember when I was at Bagram and you can hear it almost over the Strike Eagles taking off. Two Eagles full burner is loud, one solitary Prowler was LOUD.

Great vid!

Agreed with the DC-8 being loud, the 707 isn't much better, even with the Burbank mods!

The KC-135s aren't bad anymore thanks to the newer engines, but when the E-8s land here (rarely, but on occasion) they're admittedly just as bad as the DC-8.