Ahhha So.Well again would look right as a static airfield item?Maybe? :biggrin:

Wrench is that because of the way the game handles turrets on fighters? in FE guys set up planes with flexable guns to have a dummy forward fireing MG and that made the fighters act agresivly and then once in range the flexible guns open up. is this something that might work in SF? i have seen some planes with turrets return fire from bombers ,maybe changing the Defiant to "attack" or "bomber" and then adding a dummy gun might work....

update, I can't get the defiant to even recognize the guns...any guns. i change them and no matter what type I add they don't register any ammo. something must be wrong somwhere.....just not seeing it myself.

ok I seem to have made some progress. I added a Forward gun to the defiant and changed it from "FIGHTER" to "ATTACK" sent it on an interecpt mission and it went after some stukas. they attacked with the forward gun and used the turret as targets were in range. the turret was far from effective but it was shooting.now to change the forward gun to a dummy and see how that works. edit. I added the dummy machinegun from FE and they still attack but do no damage with their forward firing dummies but the turrts are fireing and sometimes even hit. I had to set them to rotate 360 degrees but they seem to want to fir to the sides and rear more often but the do fire to the front too.

Edited by whiteknight06604

well, you'll see shortly ... i'll be uploading it sometime later tonight

well, you'll see shortly ... i'll be uploading it sometime later tonight

I will be llooking forward to it.

Hey whiteknight, where can I find that dummy MG? Just went thru the FE D/lds and couldn't find it. I think I'd like to screw around with this myself. Thanks.

if you dudes fix it, upload the 'repaired' data ini and any other parts needed

Wrench, I don't know where to find wk's dummy gun so I added 2 303_BrowningDs (the D is for Dummy, but they're really not) to the nose (I don't know how to do the dummy thing so I made the AmmoWeight .000003) and changed FIGHTER to ATTACK in the Data ini and I have to say....that guy in the back is a maniac! He doesn't hit all that much, but he sure shoots a lot of .303 ammo. :biggrin:

i'd have added a the dummy gun just one wing (like the Battle) or down the prop centerlline, like the 109s

but they're engaging now?

yes, indeed they are...!!!

(it's still a frakking death trap though!)

==================================

I added this to the Fuselage section:

SystemName[012]=DummyGun

adjusted the turret yaw

[TurretGunner]

SystemType=GUNNER_STATION

PilotModelName=

SeatID=2

GunnerID=1

Position=-0.0000,-1.6278,0.8142

PitchModelNodeName=gunbase

YawModelNodeName=Turret

GunRange=1100

PitchAngleRate=25

MaxPitch=60

MinPitch=10

DefaultPitchAngle=28

YawLimited=FALSE

YawAngleRate=25

MaxYaw=250

MinYaw=250

DefaultYawAngle=180

MinExtentPosition=-0.3,-1.2,0.3

MaxExtentPosition= 0.3,-2.2,1.3

HasArmor=TRUE

ArmorMaterial=STEEL

Armor[REAR].Thickness=9

locaiton on wing for fake gun:

[DummyGun]

SystemType=FIXED_GUN

GunTypeName=303D

InputName=FIRE_PRIMARY_GUN

MuzzlePosition=1.54,2.0,-0.46

AimAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxAmmo=400

EjectShells=FALSE

EjectPosition=1.54,0.40,-0.7

EjectVelocity=0.0,0.0.-0.2

and the fake gun itself (or use what you have and rename in the statement above)

This is one of those "well, I'll be dipped in s**t" moments; when we actually outsmart the game engine

Wrench, even using your entries in the data ini, that gun is no dummy! One of my flight was on the tail of a 109 (and I mean target fixated,lol) and there were pieces flying off it. Also, the Min/Max=250 thing wasn't working for me, the turret just pointed over the starboard side of the plane; I'm using MinYaw=30 and MaxYaw=330 and that's working pretty good.

Edit: Almost forgot, I also upped the turret's gun range to 2000. 1100 seemed a little low compared to others in the game (with 303s).

Edited by SupGen

Does anyone know if there is an A-25 Shrike available for SF2? If so, where? If not, please add to the wish list. TKS.

Edited by GearyMcS

paint the SB2C OD/Gray, and have it sit on the the ramp!!!

they never saw combat, as the army decieded they not longer needed dive bombers (which don't explain away the A-36!)

paint the SB2C OD/Gray, and have it sit on the the ramp!!!

Paint?? Who? Me?? :dntknw::blind: Edited by GearyMcS

:biggrin:

post-75584-0-34398900-1365982341_thumb.jpgDoes this mean that now we can finally have a Blackburn ROC for FAA?And Please add a Raiden and Grace to list. :biggrin:and that J7W something with the prop in front and back.Wrench Please do a NF skin for Defiant should be easier than day scheme.post-75584-0-34398900-1365982341_thumb.jpgpost-75584-0-00319400-1365982557.jpgpost-75584-0-92739400-1365982650_thumb.jpgpost-75584-0-47844400-1365982697.jpgpost-75584-0-22283600-1365982752_thumb.jpgpost-75584-0-72610500-1365982913_thumb.jpgpost-75584-0-12628600-1365983026.jpgpost-75584-0-12628600-1365983026.jpgpost-75584-0-47457600-1365983063.jpgpost-75584-0-94925100-1365983138_thumb.jpg Edited by usafphantom2

Wrench,The Havoc's and Boston's are my favorites as well.When I was still building plastic replica's I looked all over for every variant I could find,The most unique I found was a nightfighter Variant called Turbinlite which contained a searchlight in the nose section. :biggrin:

considering they built Havoc/Bostons less than 1/2 mile west of where I'm sitting....

always had an afinity for Douglas Aircraft

I'll take your Definant NF request under advisement.Looks like a Free Polish squadron..

... still busy rebuilding Europe (and the more I fix, the more I find NEEDS fixing...)

didn't the DAT issue a ROC??

Edited by Wrench

... still busy rebuilding Europe (and the more I fix, the more I find NEEDS fixing...)

would that qualifiy you for Marshall Plan money as a prime subcontractor? with interest of course......... :biggrin:

• Like 1

ohhhh

from your mouth to G*d's ear!!!!

i wonder how that works ... I'm building it so we can blow it up!! (like a family friend, who was a CE at Fort Lewis, WA. They built bridges for a war game exercise, and 4 days later blew them up!!)

Edited by Wrench
  • Like 1