Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Needs help in finding mesh name....

Help!!!! :help:

gone through the lod, looking for the obvious things, vents, divot, triangle-shaped intake thing-a-ma-bob, and just can't figure it out!!

Any ideas anyone???

TIA!!

wrench

kevin stein

Help!!!! :help:

gone through the lod, looking for the obvious things, vents, divot, triangle-shaped intake thing-a-ma-bob, and just can't figure it out!!

Any ideas anyone???

TIA!!

wrench

kevin stein

If it's of any help, in RL, that's known as a NACA duct.

scroops_inside

I've found some that might help: Vent_Pockets, Vent_R_1 (@ 9), Vent_L_1 (@ 9), Intake_Inner, Intake_R, Intake_L.

scroops???? whoda thunk it!! what a strange name!!

but that's got it!!! Thanks DanW!!

wrench

kevin stein

Great Matador skin for stock Av-8A Kevin!

thanks! I'm having to remake all the serial number decals, tho, as they're wrong. You can't really see it, but that's a 'new' twin bomb rack on the wing (for USN/Armada) usage. (to keep things 'real', I took the screenie on the Canary Island terrain! :lol: )

It's nice having a full template, even if it's HomeGrown ™. One day I"ll release the INAS Sea Harrier Mk.51 (stand in, as it's also using the GR.1 body-even if its nose is wrong. But EVERYTHING works! and, its a waste of Ghostrider883s decals just sitting here)

wrench

kevin stein

what, preferably free, tools are there for finding mesh names? or is it a function of 3DS Max? trying to find out what the top of the fin on the Netz is called and would be nice to figure it out on my own rather than always ask you guys what something is.

what, preferably free, tools are there for finding mesh names? or is it a function of 3DS Max? trying to find out what the top of the fin on the Netz is called and would be nice to figure it out on my own rather than always ask you guys what something is.

Any good, free hex-editor will work, as long as it can read both ASCI (for some 3rd party models) and the SF2 default, which is Unicode.

Wrench::

scroops???? whoda thunk it!! what a strange name!!

That's normal.

I've done thousands of hexing around and you get to peek inside the 3d modders souls, what makes them tock. All sorts of mis~spellings and stuph. It becomes so normal, it actually makes sense in some way, and you can almost predict the mis~spellings, to a slight degree. :drinks: I guess you get to see the humoid brain at work, over a large population of modders. It don't work logically, but that's the way it is. If the brain worked logically, it would not work at all.

Or...if there is a scloops, its left and right scoops but called scroops and scloops. It does make sense after a while, or is it me going nuts....never mind move along there's nothing to discuss. I am NOT Perky.

Any good, free hex-editor will work, as long as it can read both ASCI (for some 3rd party models) and the SF2 default, which is Unicode.

thanks Fubar and PureBlue. time to search the internets again heheheh...