Sign in to follow this  
Wilches

To Stephen1918 - new pits!

My dear Stephen1918 , I know you're pretty busy with new projects, but you're our Messias! The new planes and specially the cockpits are splendid, so it makes me wonder if you can build some new pits for no-pits-planes like Bristol Fighter, DH-4, Aviatik among others. Thanks!!

My dear Stephen1918 , I know you're pretty busy with new projects, but you're our Messias! The new planes and specially the cockpits are splendid, so it makes me wonder if you can build some new pits for no-pits-planes like Bristol Fighter, DH-4, Aviatik among others. Thanks!!

I'll have to look into it. The hardest part of making the cockpit is matching the edges to the fuselage. In my planes, I can make them at the same time, then separate them. If I can't see the mesh of the plane, it will be a lot of trial and error. That, and finding resources for how the cockpits looked.

It would be an interesting problem, but I don't know if I want to go there yet.

Relax a little, please boys! Stephen is making planes at the speed of light, and it's a hard work! And it's for free, so let's thank him and stop the "I want, I want, I want" thing.

I know the game could be improved in some things, and I totally understand your fandom towards Stephen, but I suppose the man has a real life too...

Well said ojcar. You're a 100% right. This is exciting stuff so we all can get a bit carried away.

I don't actually mind being asked to do things, if I can do something that benefits all of us, then why not? That's why I ask for your opinions, and why I post work-in-progress reports. It is a lot of work and there are particular things I want to learn, so don't be too disappointed if I say "no".

However, feel free to ask.

If you would like to "fix or correct" a currently used cockpit, you might look at the Spad VII cockpit that uses the existing Spad XIII cockpit.

The unfortunate thing is the Spad XIII cockpit when used in the Spad VII sits to low to be completely realistic. You could say it simulates about a 5 foot or 1.5 meter tall pilot at the Spad VII controls.

The Spad XIII cockpit in the Spad XIII is no problem because you have correct perspective of looking over the windshield, but in the Spad VII, (in which the windshield was as short or shorter than the Spad XIII), you look under the top of the windshield.

If you would like to "fix or correct" a currently used cockpit, you might look at the Spad VII cockpit that uses the existing Spad XIII cockpit.

The unfortunate thing is the Spad XIII cockpit when used in the Spad VII sits to low to be completely realistic. You could say it simulates about a 5 foot or 1.5 meter tall pilot at the Spad VII controls.

The Spad XIII cockpit in the Spad XIII is no problem because you have correct perspective of looking over the windshield, but in the Spad VII, (in which the windshield was as short or shorter than the Spad XIII), you look under the top of the windshield.

That might be something that can be fixed by changing the ini's for the data and the cockpit (?)

Unfortunately playing with the cockpit_data.ini does not cure the Spad VII cockpit problem. Try moving the view point or cockpit around in the cockpit_data.ini file and you will see what I mean. I think it will take a little bit of 3D work to get everything lines up correctly.

P.S. I really do appreciate all your new planes, with quack74 skins and ojcar's FM's. Thanks.

Unfortunately playing with the cockpit_data.ini does not cure the Spad VII cockpit problem. Try moving the view point or cockpit around in the cockpit_data.ini file and you will see what I mean. I think it will take a little bit of 3D work to get everything lines up correctly.

P.S. I really do appreciate all your new planes, with quack74 skins and ojcar's FM's. Thanks.

There's nothing I can do with the 3D part once it's in the game. The game uses .LOD format. I can convert from 3D Studio into LOD, but I can't go backwards. All I can do is make a whole new cockpit from scratch, sorry.

Thank you. In that case, maybe you could add it to your wish list for the future then. :salute:

Thank you. In that case, maybe you could add it to your wish list for the future then. :salute:

Panama red. Look at my video at around 40 seconds. Don't you think that solves the SPAD7 cockpit problem?

This has just be done with ini editing cockpit view, angle of view and gun boresight angle

Edited by Nix

Nix:

Your Spad VII view is a lot better than mine. Any way you could post your Spad VII cockpit_data.ini for me to try out.

Thanks.

Try that.

As you can see the original positins are still available on the ini but rendered obsolete with the // (thanks mauri :good: )

So if you want to revert to original just delete the // in the inis view settings

SPAD7_150.rar

SPAD7_180.rar

Nix:

Thank you for the corrected Spad VII cockpit's. They work great in my FE1 game. Unfortunately, FE2 (like SF2) uses a different perspective for it's pilot/cockpit and I am going to have to adjust your Spad VII cockpit files to get it to work correctly in my FE2 game so the view looks the same as the FE1 game.

Thanks again.:salute:

Relax a little, please boys! Stephen is making planes at the speed of light, and it's a hard work! And it's for free, so let's thank him and stop the "I want, I want, I want" thing.

I know the game could be improved in some things, and I totally understand your fandom towards Stephen, but I suppose the man has a real life too...

I see your point Ojcar :good: , but I don't know if you guys know me well... I did a lot of cockpits for EAW in a past and I received MUCH more "want" threads than I've ever seen here, but this thing doesn't affect me anyway - in truth I like it! It's only a plea from a "simmholic" person - nothing more. BTW, the newcomers here came to stay, like you and Stephen1918. Thanks to "calm me down" a bit Ojcar!! :grin:

No problem, Panama red. Yeah one day i will have to get myself transfering all my stuff from FE1 to FE2, i reckon its not hapenning anytime soon :(