squid

IL2 Cliffs of Dover status ?

not stock I guess...

btw, WOP/WOP shows how aborted fetus Cliffs of Dover is.

Look, sky full of bombers! (full= in COD language means about 8...)

Ι concur ... although i haven't had the chance yet to test CoD, but that is to a great extend due to myself being covered by WoPrey to a significant degree despite its 1-2 annoying shortcomings ( i still wait for better cameras ) so testing CoD hasnt been a priority to my limited free time. And i suppose CoD is aimed at rather adult+ audience i guess which means in many cases , people with resrticted free time .... peope who yes, are concerned about fidelity but had enough already and dont have the time to struggle with multiple combinations and tests of settings between CPU, VGA and game in order to reach some tolerable performance or bug free medium (same goes for ED ..........)

and in that aspect, i am much concerned about stock ..... third party, as much as appreciated as it is, it means much more complexity for me which is a luxury i stopped being able to afford for years now ....

Edited by squid

Haha the "COD" acronym begins to be hated everywhere, nomatter what game it refers to :grin:

including the yet to be created "Combats of Dhimari" SF3 DLC?:grin:

IL-3

I don't know why they didn't go with that, given Luthier made a poast about needing a sense of humour.

IL-3: It's simple to understand. And completely credible, and convincing.

Il-5 revenge of Luthier :rofl:

IL-1: The Return of Oleg

Recall when he got in two near back-to-back car accidents in Moscow, a few weeks or months apart, and got a bit hurt but okay I think long term. Reminded me of the pilot who spun a Polikarpov IL-1 into the ground and survived, even poasted about it, hoped he saw it.

Here, IL-1 or IL-400 (Istrebitel Liberty 400 hp) ~> http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/i-1/i1.html

Darn, i am checking the new screenshots after a long time and i am getting inapropriate to mention reflex reactions

December7.jpg

warthunder_february10_9_G.50.jpg

warthunder_february10_10_G.50.jpg

december_22nd_8.jpg

december_22nd_2.jpg

december_22nd_13.jpg

shot%202012.01.18%2022.28.43.jpg

warthunder_february10_4_Mosquito_FB_Mk6.jpg

10.jpg

screenshot_kune_17_8.jpg

screenshot_kune_17_9.jpg

december%201st%20(1).jpg

Edited by squid

Can't believe, that such a good looking sim, is MP only!...that really sucks!!!!

something tells me that it will have somehow some kind of single player part

Generally speaking, if it does it will suck. The SP parts of games designed for MP historically are afterthoughts that, while functional, stretch the definition of the word "game".

it would be indeed major sin to not have at least some decent historic SP missions

Edited by squid

Its exciting to see in such detail and environment, planes that are of my favorites and i never had the chance to fly before in a sim that i feel attracted to , like

• Hurricane
  • P-40
  • Dauntless
  • Avenger
  • Gladiator
  • F-86

The first 2 are in Il2 and many WWII sims before it, and you can get an F-86 for SF right here. I think there's a mod with an F-86 for Il2 as well.

I forgot Hurricane and P-40 i happily fly in WOP too with which i essentially replaced IL2. Since WOP despite its few shortcomings i haven't been able to enjoy IL2 again, and Gladiator became of my favorite props because of IL2. Have been looking forward for the Korea pack for SF2, but from the looks of it, the World Of Planes Korea theater is going to be a whole different kind of yeah thing :)

Notice the slight swinging animation of the torpedo right after droped off the Avenger bay :)

Edited by squid

Reminds me of Aces High MMOG but better looking than Aces High (www.hitechcreations.com)

Falcon