squid

IL2 Cliffs of Dover status ?

Found out a month later or more about it being finally released but i read it had serious issues. What's the situation now? i see two patches have been released ? fixed the majority of issues?

Edited by squid

Lot more than two patches. Frankly, as it is now, I can't recommend it to anyone who owns any decent WW2 sim (IL1946, BOB2, even WOP)

As for historic accuracy and general BoB feel -it's far cry compared to BoB2:WoV. Maybe in a year or two, but I don't think so

wow really? that far off? :( bummer

i love my copy of WOP, despite its big shortcomings ( i really wish they kept working on that title ..) mainly because while offering wattery eyes visuals, runs smoothly as 8-bit arcade on almost any pc and secondly because it makes my WWII sim life so easy, just launch and go.

Yeah... I haven't heard of anyone buying it and not regretting it. So far...

Yeah... I haven't heard of anyone buying it and not regretting it. So far...

ZmelliFahrdz :lmao: just saw this..Can i change my name to Jack Miof LOL :rofl:

• Like 1

Well I'd say if you have Pentium Megatron Centacore at 580THz, 8 bilion terabytes of DDR73 RAM and centa-SLI GeForce 58693458,22 GTX TWIN TURBO V8 6.0L, you should have a nice expirience....on medium-ish settings...

Edited by Brain32

well, ive updated all the newest stuff...and it's still sh*t

Almost went for it myself till I read all the reviews, some saying it was in a pre alpha state... my advice sod it until they get their act together and grab Rise of Flight, WW1, brought me oiut of a semi-sim retirement and tis worryingly adictive.

Craig

Well I'd say if you have Pentium Megatron Centacore at 580THz, 8 bilion terabytes of DDR73 RAM and centa-SLI GeForce 58693458,22 GTX TWIN TURBO V8 6.0L, you should have a nice expirience....on medium-ish settings...

:rofl::drinks: Genius!!!

LOL Brain32! :lol:

Get the Rise of Flight demo...try it. There is now NO time limit on it. get it HERE

wow really? that far off? :( bummer

i love my copy of WOP, despite its big shortcomings ( i really wish they kept working on that title ..) mainly because while offering wattery eyes visuals, runs smoothly as 8-bit arcade on almost any pc and secondly because it makes my WWII sim life so easy, just launch and go.

They did. They're turning it into an MMO:

I'm thinking it'd probably be a better bet to skip Cliffs of Dover and go for World of Planes instead. That's prolly just me though.

Except that as much as I disliked renaming Storm of War to "Il-2" (when CloD has no Il-2s or even any Russian planes in it), I think World of Planes is the stupidest name ever. Should've gone with World of Flight at least.

World of Tanks is a stupid name, too, and I think 2 "World of" MMOs is enough, we don't need a 3rd.

maybe for some reason they wanted to absolutely keep the same acronym with Wings Of Prey?

Wings of Planes

Warhawks Over Pacific

Warbirds Of Pleasure

World of Pilots -this one could do actually :smile:

War Of Planes

No, it's really "ohh.. World of Tanks has lots of players. Let's make a similar thing about something else.. planes!"

the title indeed is not inspiring as to what would be the personality of the thing. Sounds more like "we need to attract also console children to this"

Just Wings Of Prey Online would suffice i believe.

Edited by squid

Wings of Planes

Warhawks Over Pacific

Warbirds Of Pleasure

World of Pilots -this one could do actually :smile:

War Of Planes

:rofl:

Edited by squid

When's the Women of Poland release?

Yeah, I always felt a little weird saying to an old co-worker of mine at the end of the day "Hey, you up for some WOP later?"

Our manager's ears used to prick up like she was going to hit us with some sensitivity training... They need a better acronym. :S

LOL LOL LOL

WOOP WOOP

(my female vote btw goes for Poland, Hungary and Estonia, not in any particular oder :P - and not that anybody asked me :P)

Edited by squid

No, it's really "ohh.. World of Tanks has lots of players. Let's make a similar thing about something else.. planes!"

true true... maybe they (Gaijin) don't think new single-player oriented title would sell enough so they switched to MMO type one? Maybe they consider that WOP is to "arcadish" to sell for both lite and hardcore crowd, which would be wrong assumption as I find WOP very realistic sim (or as I prefer to call all simulations: game), all the stupid time missions aside

When's the Women of Poland release?

envious are you?:grin: