I have had flight sims ever since '97, but have only recently gotten seriously interested in them, and Strike Fighters is my favorite, thus far. Yes, it has had, and continues to have "growing pains"; but its potential is awesome! I have read many posts from those who say what a waste of time SF is, because of all the bugs in it; and that the developers should have waited until everything was fixed until releasing the product.

Whateverrrrrrrrr...............

This game is fantastic now, and will only get better! It is the dedication of the fine folks who contribute to this website - with all of their ideas - that make it all worthwhile.

To those who do nothing but complain, and shun the game, I say fine - go play whatever flight sim you want to. But I maintain that Strike Fighter will evolve into the best flight sim ever!

Chief W.

well said..

Second that, I love this game! By far the best one yet. Even with it's little growing pains this game brings back memories of SWOTL. Well that was my first fltsim, and I haven't looked back yet. Don't think this game will be the reason I stop playing fltsims! :!:

Well, I know you guys know that I support SF all the way.

But...

I think SF is missing something crucial, something that no amount of patches or user mods can add. The best way I can describe it, is its just, it just is, well, boring I guess. Its the campaign. If you've played Falcon 4.0, Longbow 2 or EECH you know what I am talking about. I just can't really get into any sims anymore that don't have a dynamic campaign. I don't know, I just love that feeling of frantic action going around. The world of SF seems so flat, boring, empty. Nothing there, no simple transport flights, no major ground offensives, no enemy attack aircraft going about their own little missions.

I can play single missions in SF for a bit, and the dogfighting is pretty good, but I can't stick with it because there is nothing that drags me back. The campaign system is what does it for me. I love being in a war, just being a minor part, yet still being able to interact in everything. Just thinking of it all is gonna make me re-install F4 and Longbow 2 this weekend.

I mean, maybe I haven't played it enough, or maybe because the comms aren't working right, or because I don't have a good radar, and can see everything, but I feel that SF is seriously lacking in atmosphere. I don't mind if you disagree, and hell, I hope I hope I hope that it gets addressed. But right now, I don't even have to begin to worry about situational awareness in SF.

I'd like you guys to agree with me, but I am probably wishing for way too much. Maybe the new user campaigns will fix everything, and lordy I hope so.

Oh, Chief, I'll definately agree with you that bugs are not something worthy of killing a sim. Look at Falcon 4.0 for proof of that. X-Plane is another great example.

my first dynamic campain was with Mig Alley..still love that sim. yes it adds something to a sim but the MP experience is what draws me and holds me.

"But I maintain that Strike Fighter will evolve into the best flight sim ever!"

never happen my friend. Perhaps in your mind it will be, but i suggest you try a few others for a comparison.

It's not the fact that SF is buggy, it's the simple fact that SF final release is worse than the Walmart Beta.

I have kept track of SF and own 2 copies myself. I pimped SF like I were on the 3rd wire payroll, but i cant do it anymore. The campaign may be dynamic, but you are simply rotated between 4 or 5 missions and they get real old after a couple of weeks. No AAA & SAM threats makes for a very easy sorte. Don't think for 1 minute that the first patch will get SF to a finished state, it will take a few patches for that. Right now the only ones enjoying SF are the modders and not the simmers. If what you want is CFS with radar and jets then SF is perfect.

Am I whining? nope. I am merely speaking from the other side of the fence and stating facts. If you like it now then great, I'm happy for ya, but some of us expected something a little more complete and are disappointed. So basically, I don't bitch and moan, I merely put it away until it is finished and then give it another try.

BTW- Nobody ever got points for potential. Although SF has plenty of it, It's going to take more than potential for SF to survive as anything more than a testbed for 3d max.

Sorry for being so negative, but that's just the way I feel at this point so if you feel the need to flame then go ahead, but understand I have supported SF since it was just an idea 2 years ago.

The campaign may get boring, but thats what multi player is for. You can't say that humans are the same boring thing in multi player. The only thing that is boring about multiplayer, or is the same always is the damn CTD. Now I'm not blind, I know the game was released too early and is incomplete, and has bugs, and I still have both copies and still like playing online. I am by no means a modder in any way at all, I am a simmer and I love it, but as a consumer I do see your opinion. So it's all a matter of opinion then I guess.

But tell me, what sim came out of the box perfect??

NONE I've found yet

I call that an addon campaign Ranger and not stock out of the box. I'm not asking you to win me over at this point, I will wait.

Fast eagle, I understand completely what your saying and I agree for the most part about MP. The problem is with the CTDs MP is on hold as well at least for those of us who don't feel like restarting the game every 5 minutes or so.

And your right, no sim has ever been released perfect and no sim ever will. No game ever will for that matter. SF could have at least been completed and maybe had a few bugs, instead of main features missing all together.

I DO NOT blame TK for this and i continue to support him, I actually blame Stradegy First for thier idiotic business practices.

I'm sure SF will end up finished and be a fun sim, but to tell people they have no right to say anything negative or voice thier displeasure is moronic.

It's time we started expecting more from flight sim developers instead of walking on pins and needles for fear of losing sims altogether.

Someone in another post mentioned that instead of simmers rolling over because they are afraid to hurt future sims being released, we should fight back against garbage and start expecting higher standards. If someone wants a sim to sell then they will make a very good sim, not rely on fear from the community to just put anything out there for a buck.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. It's just an opinion and like A**holes, everyone has one. :D

"YR what the heck you call this "

I call it a fluke. Some one figured out how to get the AAA working in single-player missions. It does those of us who are into campaigns no good at all, and is hardly an endorsement to buy the game as it stands now. A/G is still sorely lacking.

every sim has growing pains...if you want trash run out and get a copy of CFS3...or think back to Falcon 4 first released version,or SDOE.Some games are just plain fun,even when not everything works and this is one of them.yes theres lots of problems and nobody has said there isn't but until they are fixed all Chief and Ranger and others are saying is why mess up a really fun experience by complaining?I have been a member of the Wolfpack league that plays Silent Hunter 2 since before that sim was released and yes we were VERY disappointed by it when released..but we stuck together and worked through it.Now it's been patched,once official by company,once by the community,and a completely new MP engine has been released and installed by the community with the help of the company.Instaed of complaining and whining,stay in touch,BUT BE NICE,with TK through the forums at various sites,help the modders,and come out and fly some.

AAA and SAMs are frikken deadly in the latest beta patch I've tried. I know it's hard to hear from beta testers that things are moving along nicely, but I'm sure when the patch is finally released you'll be back to good Seawolf. :) I've talked myself silly in a few forums trying to sell this game for what it'll be, so I'll just say come back when the patch is released. It may not be the sim to beat all sims, but it's starting to be "hellafun" as Cartman would say. 8)

Guest Ranger332

not even trying to "win you over" frankly every sim you mentioned I have and they all got better due to "addons" somple fact,and the ones rated as among the best were the ones that had the most addond example CFS2/IL2 both have so meny addon misions and skins its unreal

I agree that SFP1 has great potential and when it does not CTD it can be great fun.....and the patch will come and make it what is should have been out of the box.

But I also like to get a diversity of opinion on the forums not just a bunch of whiners or a bunch of rah, rah, supports. In either case you end up with less than the whole picture. :wink:

Gentlemen,

I know I have my whines and praises concerning P1, it equates to a love hate affair and we all know why.

As good as it is is also as bad.... well you know the rest. :D

Just release the patch so we can all see "Potential" become existense!

This Sim has a split personality and I believe the community postings reflect the two distinct attributes of Project 1.

Love it or hate it, however; until it's fixxed be prepared to see (but maybe not agree with) post from both side of the fence.

If it ever gets fixxed, I think it will be a Hit, and a Classic for sure

Be Cool about it until then guys

BirdDogg. 8)

Fair enough

AAA and SAMs are frikken deadly in the latest beta patch I've tried.  I know it's hard to hear from beta testers that things are moving along nicely, but I'm sure when the patch is finally released you'll be back to good Seawolf.   :)   I've talked myself silly in a few forums trying to sell this game for what it'll be, so I'll just say come back when the patch is released.  It may not be the sim to beat all sims, but it's starting to be "hellafun" as Cartman would say.    8)