Sign in to follow this  
Injun_01

Mod Squads? Odd Squads? Your Squad?

<<HOW>> :D Just thought I would stop in and see whats goin on 'round here. Anyone know how many Squads will be integrating into SF:P1? I know ODB is <C>!!! Would be nice to get Project 1 off to a good start here with some gnarly Squad matches right off the bat.....By the way, does anyone know who or how multiplayer will be handled for Project 1? Dont know if the boys at HL are gonna support it. Which leads me to another question........Whats with the diminishing population of good 'ol USAF folk over at HL. Its like a friggin ghost town over there <sigh><shrugs><BUUUUURRRRRP> Anyways, catch all u flight sim junkies on the flip side.....

P.S. Always lookin for a good dogfight USAF style at HL!!!!! Gettin tired of sendin myself pages.....LOL <<S>> <<C>> _/ _/ _/ <-------- Up for grabs, Ive had 3 too many....feelin kinda funny, like i had 3 too many. >>>-----------------> (Yo Fates, send that to Arm if ya see him) :lol:

As far as the old JCN community, the ODBs, GFA, and the 87thFIS look like they're (mostly) all in. :)

We're trying to get TK to give Jiri a shot at Hyperlobby, but currently only Gamespy is supporting multiplayer.

Squad matches will have to be re-worked I think. Match at first to 10 could take all night. I flew with Big Beer and it took us quite some time to even find each other. :lol:

<S> :twisted:

<C> Injun, Weasy, et al

There's no telling how many new squads will make their way out of the woodworks once this game hits the shelves. I hope many fly solo long enough to 1) get used to the game from wally-beta veterans, and 2) get used to the system that will be in place for multiplayer. I'm speaking of the gamers that are new to squads and flight sims.

The squads will be able to sort those out, and the renegades will stay that way, while the enthusiast that wants to learn more will eventually find a squad that's right for them. I think Weasy and I represent two very different squads that still have the same goal: FUN.

MadJeff is starting a list here for all squads. Depending on how large this lists grows, he may have to divide it up into flight sims played. I'm sure there will be some that are strictly LOMAC and not P1, and vice versa. I would recommend that everyone lists their site with BIOHAZCentral. As more and more squads appear, all players will benefit by a master list, as could be found here. We all know that some squads start up and last 2 weeks and then disband and become 2-3 different squads....hehe

Don't worry about support from HL. It may take time for Jiri to get a polished version of the game (patches included) before we see support their. As Weasel stated, the game is already in the works to head to Jiri's lap. However, until it gets there, Gamespy will support P1.

Cheers

Fates

Hehe i guess there will be a Skunkworks squadron :lol: we need somewhere to test our campaigns, skins, terrains and models online...or something :D

wheeee we can put a skunk on our tails 8)

Denzil

Fates, you're right. I hope to see an online community like what we had with JCN. There will be a few "flash in the pan" squads like there were in USAF, and I hope to see some of the other old squads rejoin the fold like the WP, 414th and others join in from other sim communities.

"Air on two Chief!"

"Stby...rgr, air on two!"

I can see it now....Denzil_SW (Skunkworks).....A devoted team of pilots that take to the skes in the unique skinned aircraft. All black with a white stripe on the spine of the aircraft. The Unique Pepee La Pue on the tail and the callsign under the canopy.....

They fly X-Planes still in development against veteran pilots.

More to come....

Fates

Of course VMFA 531 Grey Ghost plan on spending a lot of time with SFP1. How could we resist with the Grey ghost paint scheme being a default paint scheme. lol :D

Cheers Gentlman,

I'd like to say you guys got some great sites and it looks like the P1 crowd is gonna get bigger and bigger. You can add you site to the small but growing list here at BiohazCentral...just click here:

http://www.biohazcentral.com/modules.php?o...dex&req=AddLink

I'm currently on RW talking to the team as they fly in Gamespy lobby. Hope to see ya there soon. New news is they solved the launch bug they had previously....looks like they all launch in the same country now.

Anyway...grab a bar stool and enjoy the company...

< C >

Fates

Guest Ranger332

The "pilots" of BlackShadow Flight will be there sofar only 5 have the game but we will Spare any and all commers