Sign in to follow this  
SFP1Ace

Falcon BMS 4.0 is up!

and does look awesome gfx wise... shame it requires original CD... will try installing this with Free Falcon

I'm pretty sure it won't work with FF, OF, or F4:AF

You NEED the original 1998 Falcon 4.0 CD-ROM (Microprose), it's required during installation. Luckily for me, I've got one, it's been gathering dust for years now! Got the original Korea map, and 500+ pages thick manual as well. Only the original box is gone...

My only fear is that I won't have time to relearn all the switchology...Nothing beats SF2 in its accessibility!

Edited by SFP1Ace

bummer :(

and uncle torrent is away

However some posts at other forums suggest that it only checks for the original falcon4.exe. Stary, PM me & maybe will be able to sort it out.

The installer only looks for the F4 exe on the CDROM, as BMS 4.0 to me is literally a complete rebuild of the entire engine, FM, GFX, Sound, Everything, should be Falcon 5.0.

The installer only looks for the F4 exe on the CDROM, as BMS 4.0 to me is literally a complete rebuild of the entire engine, FM, GFX, Sound, Everything, should be Falcon 5.0.

I wonder if just renaming any file to f4.exe would do the trick? ;)

I wonder if just renaming any file to f4.exe would do the trick? ;)

nope.

some people are wondering why it was chosen to only work with F4 and not F4AF,.....

Meanwhile, since BMS release, F4 Sales on Ebay have spiked.

nope.

some people are wondering why it was chosen to only work with F4 and not F4AF,.....

Meanwhile, since BMS release, F4 Sales on Ebay have spiked.

Yeah, I'm so glad I've kept my copy I bought back in 1999 ^_^

i need to find me the cadet book somewhere as I forgot how to do everything...

Hey where is the download link at the site? I can't find BMS 4.0....

understand they have principles - but I would have paid good money for a commercial release of this standard called Falcon 5.0. I know someone has complained about the FA-18 pit - but as far as I care the F-16s is the important thing.

If only Lead Pursuit could have come up with something at this level as a sequel.........................also who exactly is paying to keep their domain going?

Amazon has the game for like $5

The good old Amazon UK has it over here from £24.99 used (About $40.00) - with the highest at £64.99 ($104.47): :lol:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasbro-Falcon-4-0/dp/B00004UBQF/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1315338928&sr=1-2

Yep read it and weep - guess the ***** caught on.............

Edited by MigBuster

Hey where is the download link at the site? I can't find BMS 4.0....

Me neither!

Edited by Jug

http://combatace.com...alcon-released/

Please don't discuss how to obtain the original Falcon 4.0 by other than legal means in the open forum. We tend to frown on that sort of thing here.

FC

Damn, how did I miss that!? Roger that FC :salute:

Me neither!

There you go:

http://www.veterans-...ad.php?view.134

I doesn't look like BMS are hosting their own product (woot?).

Edited by SFP1Ace

HINT. Click on the blue arrow at the Vets site. The BLUE ARROW. The BLUE ARROW.......

I'm pretty sure it won't work with FF, OF, or F4:AF

You NEED the original 1998 Falcon 4.0 CD-ROM (Microprose), it's required during installation. Luckily for me, I've got one, it's been gathering dust for years now! Got the original Korea map, and 500+ pages thick manual as well. Only the original box is gone...

My only fear is that I won't have time to relearn all the switchology...Nothing beats SF2 in its accessibility!

Where can I download the CD from?

Thanks