Sign in to follow this  
squid

add-on plane explodes upon load-up

What could be causing in an add-on plane to explode right when the mission loading completes? Thats starting from runway, if start on air, starts damaged emitting smoke

That generally means that the FM on that model is not fully SF2 compatible.

Sometimes a terrain issue also (but never with stock terrains).

I had this problem too for a while. The actual problem was that there was not an explosion on a single aircraft, but there was a collision between aircrafts from the same formation on the runway, just before take off. As fas as I can remember the problem was appearing on some terrains and only when I had selected red side aircrafts. The problem was that for some reason, two or more aircrafts had been starting exactly from the same position, so If I had selected "hard" for collision in menu then there was just and explosion and the player's aircraft had always been between the ones that were collided.

that's because it's referencing an airfield ini that's NOT in the cat file that's being pointed to for object reference.

A common problem, easily fixed by dropping ALL the airfield inis (including to German/Soviet/VPAF base inis) INTO the terrain in question (hence, the reason they're always included with my terrain mods -- can't take for granted that the End User ™ will have the proper terrain cat to reference.)

or, if the terrain guy is smart, just using the standard or garden variety Desest airfield inis for both side, and make target object adjustments accordingly.

I'm having this issue with the 1948 War of Independence campaign on the stock Israel Terrain with the Avia S-199. Avia works in single mission, different squadron start field...I'd move the files if I knew which files should go where. Other Aircraft work just fine. I have SF2 with Expantions 1 and 2, and Israel 2...and what's up with the SF2 Series Going UP in price? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Padre

Like Wrench said, It's possible that the campaign is referencing an airfrield.ini file that you don't have in your terrain folder. Pull up your Israel '48 mod folder and navigate to the TERRAIN folder. Based on Wrench's post it would seem to be advisable to download one of the terrains he has built and find all the airfield.ini files from that folder and put those into the terrain folder of your Israel '48 mod folder. Don't worry if there are extra .ini files for airfields that the terrain doesn't have. The game will only look at/for the ones referenced in the terrain .ini files and it will ignore anything else. Most airfield ini files I believe should be listed as things like "desert_airfield.ini" or "soviet_airfield.ini" or "airfield1.ini" should be identifiable. Also, if you don't want to go that far right off the bat, check what airfield you are starting out at that causes the issue then navigate to the terrain in the mod folder, pull up the targetlist(?) I think that would list what airfields are where, find the airfield with the issue, and it should show the reference for which .ini and .lod files the game will be looking for. Then check out your terrain folder and make sure the proper .ini is there for the game to recognize.

Edited by CowboyTodd41
addendum to post