Dels

AH-64 Package for SF2 Ver 1.1

Time to get rid of that ancient OS mack....

I figured it out was a terrain issue, when trying to fly it in Anatolia, it didn't work for me but germanyCE no issue BTW Dave I have part of the Upgrade i have the OS on disk but now i'll need to get more mem and a new DX10 vid card

Does the Longbow radar dome have a specific node name? I wanted to do a version of the AH-64D without the radar as it operated in Iraqi and Afghanistan by ’turning off’ the node for the radar- if it has one.

Yeah it does. I'm not at my computer at the moment, but check out the .OUT file. I named all the meshes so it should be something like 'Radar' or 'MMWR' and should be attached to the 'Radar_Base' or something like that.

Dels

Soulman, at first I set the texture glossiness to 0.1500 but I also upped the engine SLDry to 6006000 and get a better "push" as far as speed, and changed MaxSpeedSL to 268.76, making it better. Of course the FM is what it is, but like Spinners said, I was able to fly it first time pretty good. This is after flying Jane's Longbow and Longbow 2 and what I saw in Afghanistan.

Thanks. 'Radar' made the radar disappear as you can see, I just need the node name of the part I've drawen around when you get a chance. Thank mate, Danpost-59028-0-28996000-1318491214.jpg

Yeah it does. I'm not at my computer at the moment, but check out the .OUT file. I named all the meshes so it should be something like 'Radar' or 'MMWR' and should be attached to the 'Radar_Base' or something like that.

Dels

Its a cool bird. I used it in 1 Gen sim, a little bit ini work was needed, but else it run fine with WOI.

The Apache has a nice feature, which i found out at my last mission over Afghanistan. The talibs surprised me with massive ground fire and had blown the main rotor away. But the Apache survived and has flow also without main rotor. Its cool man! :drinks:

When Operation Anaconda kicked off the Apaches took a lot of ground fire and managed to survive. They still take a lot of abuse today, but the thing is a beast...

- i guess currently there's only one seat choice right ?

- is there maybe or would be some sort of a guide / manual ? more concerned about instructions on weapons

- throttle = collective ?

Gun/Rockets point and shoot while Hellfires are pretty easy to use, lock then launch. Just like a regular jet.

dtmdragon, care to share what you did with the Longbow?

Due to the negative effect of the heat plus the altitude in Afghanistan and Iraqi on the performance of the AH-64D the US Army removed the longbow radars in those theatres to save weight. Interestingly the Brits were able to keep thiers without the effect on performance due to the superior Rolls-Royce engines used in their versions. To replicate this I plan on either making a separate D model aircraft without the longbow radar with the weight/performance adjusted to reflect this. Or Having the Radar load/unloadable as a weapon station. The follow edit gets rid of the radar as shown in the image I posted but I need the node name of the part I drew around to complete it.

[AircraftData]

Component[xxx]=no_radar <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< add this line to the AircraftData section in the data.ini file

[no_radar] <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<add this section to the bottom of the data.ini file

ParentComponentName=Radar_Base

ModelNodeName=radar

DestroyedNodeName=radar

DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE

HasAeroCoefficients=FALSE

Gun/Rockets point and shoot while Hellfires are pretty easy to use, lock then launch. Just like a regular jet.

dtmdragon, care to share what you did with the Longbow?

Edited by dtmdragon

Absolutely terrific mod :) I noticed the Longbow Hellfires dont track moving targets. Is this a side effect of my difficulty settings, or is this a known issue? All other Hellfires work splendidly though.

I'm quite impressed how the AI handles the helicopter as well, the low speed and guided weapons mean they're very effective as buddies on CAS missions.

Absolutely terrific mod :) I noticed the Longbow Hellfires dont track moving targets. Is this a side effect of my difficulty settings, or is this a known issue? All other Hellfires work splendidly though.

I'm quite impressed how the AI handles the helicopter as well, the low speed and guided weapons mean they're very effective as buddies on CAS missions.

Check the readme. :yikes:

Thanks. 'Radar' made the radar disappear as you can see, I just need the node name of the part I've drawen around when you get a chance. Thank mate, Danpost-59028-0-28996000-1318491214.jpg

Dan, I'll check tonight. But you might be able to figure it out as they should be in the same heirarchy as the radar. Just check out the .OUT file. If you're really keen on the AH-64D Apache (i.e. non-Longbow AH-64D) I can easily make one up.

The talibs surprised me with massive ground fire and had blown the main rotor away. But the Apache survived and has flow also without main rotor. Its cool man! :drinks:

Gepard, yeah I tried to come up with ways to not have the main rotor detach but failed. The Apache FM will allow it to glide without the main rotor. I know it's unrealistic because loss of the rotor in a real helicopter=death.

Check the readme. :yikes:

Thanks Malibu, exactly what I would have said. :good:

[AircraftData]

Component[xxx]=no_radar <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< add this line to the AircraftData section in the data.ini file

[no_radar] <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<add this section to the bottom of the data.ini file

ModelNodeName=radar

DestroyedNodeName=radar

DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE

Thanks! BTW the lack of a radar wasn't a serious hindrance from what I've seen, most of the work is TADS/PNVS anyway.

ModelNodeName=radar

DestroyedNodeName=radar

DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE

You might also condiser decreasing the weight of the aircraft too.

Known issue, I just did a CAS mission over Kabul and they always missed the moving BMPs, but as said everything else worked great.

Wow! this is Great guys! been waiting for an AH-64 and got both A and D, very Cooool.

And "Great Job" doesn't describe how awesome these came out, Thanks!!!.

With regards to the Longbow Hellfires, perhaps the best thing to do for now is change them to Radio [i.e. radar] Command Guided and add Terminal Guidance and Target Memory. That way, they'll be able to engage moving targets and be true fire-and-forget like the real thing. They all appear on the racks correctly if set up in the loadout.ini. But unfortunately, the in-game loadout screen won't let you attach them like that manually.

Dels, do you think you could integrate the M299 racks into the model itself, and just create four stations (same group ID) for LGR/CGR under each hardpoint? It would be just like how you did the Stringer tubes on the wingtips. That way, we'd be able to load any Hellfire regardless of guidance type, without the need for separate M299/M299L racks.

By the way, in the data.ini, I think the RocketBoresightAngle should be zero instead of 4. I couldn't hit anything with Hydras until I changed it.

Thanks mate.

Dan, I'll check tonight. But you might be able to figure it out as they should be in the same heirarchy as the radar. Just check out the .OUT file. If you're really keen on the AH-64D Apache (i.e. non-Longbow AH-64D) I can easily make one up.

Exactly, the radar was designed to be used to engage mass formations of soviet armour advancing across west germany. The brits are quoted as keeping theirs on to help with situational awareness in the airspace they are flying in..

Thanks! BTW the lack of a radar wasn't a serious hindrance from what I've seen, most of the work is TADS/PNVS anyway.

Dels, do you think you could integrate the M299 racks into the model itself, and just create four stations (same group ID) for LGR/CGR under each hardpoint? It would be just like how you did the Stringer tubes on the wingtips. That way, we'd be able to load any Hellfire regardless of guidance type, without the need for separate M299/M299L racks.

Dude, that is a seriously good idea. I'm amazed I didn't think of it!

I'll add that to the improvements list.

Dels

Dude, that is a seriously good idea. I'm amazed I didn't think of it!

I'll add that to the improvements list.

Dels

Glad to be of use! Salute.gif

Don't worry I figured it it :) Instead of creating a whole seperate aircraft I just made the Radar removable via a fuel tank and weapons station. Also reskined the pilots in ACU pattern uniform. gallery_59028_683_54870.jpg

Weapon station that needs to be added to the AH-64_data.ini file:

// Longbow Radar ---------------------------------------------------------

[RadarStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=15

StationGroupID=6

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.00,-0.07,3.0

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=300.00

LengthLimit=3.0

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

AttachmentType=NATO,USAF,USN,USMC,USA

ModelNodeName=MMWR_Base

PylonMass=0.0

PylonDragArea=0.0

FuelTankName=Longbow_Radar

FuelTankNodeName=radar

NoJettisonTank=TRUE

SpecificStationCode=Longbow

This is the info needed in the AH-64D_data.ini to remove the radar nodes for when the Radar is not loaded:

[no_radar]

ModelNodeName=radar

DestroyedNodeName=radar

DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE

[no_radar2]

ModelNodeName=MMWR_Base

DestroyedNodeName=MMWR_Base

DetachWhenDestroyed=TRUE

data.ini info needed when you create the Lowbow_Radar fuel tank for the weapons folder:

[WeaponData001]

TypeName=Longbow_Radar

FullName=Longbow Radar

ModelName=FakePilot

Mass=226.796005

Diameter=0.150000

Length=0.150000

SubsonicDragCoeff=0.050000

SupersonicDragCoeff=0.100000

AttachmentType=

SpecificStationCode=Longbow

NationName=

StartYear=0

EndYear=0

Availability=0

BaseQuantity=0

Exported=FALSE

ExportStartYear=0

ExportEndYear=0

ExportAvailability=0

WeaponDataType=5

MaxFuelAmount=0.001000

Asymmetrical=FALSE

HideStationPylon=FALSE

Aircraft weight for the AH-64D is also changed to: EmptyMass=5125.204

And the AH-64D_LOADOUT.ini file needs the following lines added to all load out options:

Loadout[15].WeaponType=Longbow_Radar

Loadout[15].Quantity=1

Edited by dtmdragon

Don't forget to add this to the [Fuselage] portion either:

SystemName[019]=RadarStation

Yes sorry and the following to the [Aircraftdata] section:

Component[011]=no_radar2

Component[012]=no_radar3

Don't forget to add this to the [Fuselage] portion either:

SystemName[019]=RadarStation