Sign in to follow this  
RogerSmith

How many of you play IL-2?

27 members have voted

1. 1. play IL-2?

Used to love online play. But just didn't have the time to keep up with it and rumors of cheating and FM modding just got to be too much.

I played it until I got a new controller, Thrustmaster HOTAS X - somehow the rudder is inverted and there's no way to set it straight, is there?

And it's not a hardware problem because with WOE it works just fine!

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

I consider it my virtual WWII aircraft museum. I can fly aircraft in IL-2 that I cannot fly anywhere else. While the FMs may not be perfect, they are pretty darned good. Flying a simulated B-25 or PE-2 mission is a treat for an aviation buff like myself.

I know a lot of folks are working to make SF2 a good WWII sim but they have a long way to go to get to IL-2 and, of course, there are some WWII mods unavailable to the unworthy like myself.

Edited by DoctorQuest

And it's available cheap at www.gog.com if you don't have it and are interested.

I played it until I got a new controller, Thrustmaster HOTAS X - somehow the rudder is inverted and there's no way to set it straight, is there?

And it's not a hardware problem because with WOE it works just fine!

yeah, when binding it press the left rudder instead of the right if it's reversed

Edited by RadPig94

Occasionally...but it's really showing it's age

Used to love online play. But just didn't have the time to keep up with it and rumors of cheating and FM modding just got to be too much.

Yeah same here, I was really hard core il2 online player...

Is there any way we could start a combatace.com IL-2 online club?

Yes, conditionally. I used to play it more than now (considering it's 10 yrs old, not surprising really), but I do still fire it up every other month or so. I had one of the UP mods for awhile, but now I'm just at 4.10.1.

I don't play MP much because 1) I'm too casual for most still flying it (no CEM, labels, engine overheat off, etc) 2) I only play coop, I don't like flying against humans (which more likely than not have so much more stick time than me it's not enjoyable) and 3) I have an irregular schedule so I'm online whenever and can't make promises on showing up.

As stated, though, I still have it despite its wacky AI for all the planes I can't fly anywhere else.

In order to play it off-line I would recommend the UP3RC4/DBW add-on to Il-2 1946-4,10.1, which provides a huge quantity of very well integrated and smooth-running mods, including the option of an AI mod which greatly improves the game-play. All free of course.

I play it from time to time. It's still a good sim, and it works fine without killing my aging computer.

I still play it once in awhile, although I only fly bombers for the most part. Never got the hang of dogfighting in Il-2.