Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

2 different fuel tank types allowed on one weapon station?

Is it possible to allow two different fuel tanks types on one weapon station, or do I just need to duplicate the weapon station and allow the second fuel tank type on the duplicate?

i think you have to duplicate it. Like the Phantom outer stations - one set for bombs, the other for tanks

don't forget, on most of the stock birds, it's built into the aircraft lod (with some exceptions)

Is it possible to allow two different fuel tanks types on one weapon station, or do I just need to duplicate the weapon station and allow the second fuel tank type on the duplicate?

Check out FC's F-5F, he did that for that bird.

i think you have to duplicate it. Like the Phantom outer stations - one set for bombs, the other for tanks

don't forget, on most of the stock birds, it's built into the aircraft lod (with some exceptions)

Right. So, if I understand this right, I can't use the stock A-4 300 gal wing tank on a different aircraft, correct?

Right. So, if I understand this right, I can't use the stock A-4 300 gal wing tank on a different aircraft, correct?

You should be able to as I put that tank on 2 or 3 other jets the F-8 if I remember as an experiment and also because I read somewhere that it was tested but rarely if ever used.

You should be able to as I put that tank on 2 or 3 other jets the F-8 if I remember as an experiment and also because I read somewhere that it was tested but rarely if ever used.

Hmmm... OK. I tried it and I couldn't get it to work. I'll go back and look again to see if I missed something.

you can always pull the tank lod/bmp/ini from a 1st Gen version, rename/repaint/hexedit -if needed by bmp name change- and create 'new' tank. There are many tanks still used in SF2 that have seperate lods from the aircraft. Look through ObjectData001.cat

that's how I did the Skyraider tanks - just renamed/repainted/hexedited version of the 300 A-4 tank

Thanks guys. Coincidentally, Wrench, I'm actually doing this for the USN A-1's in the SF2V AGXP.

I got it to work just by creating a new weapon station and changing the fuel tank type to Tank300_A4. I'm not sure why it didn't work the first time I tried it.

[Left300Tank]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=21

StationGroupID=5

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-2.94,0.44,-1.06

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=1360.78

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

AttachmentType=NATO,USN

ModelNodeName=Big_Pylon_L

PylonMass=31.75