looks great,

one note regading C model -isn't the cut and bubble of canopy too big? It might be the screenshots angle though

• Like 1

Thanks for your efforts to made this plane and give us the dream to fly it!!!!!bowdown2.gif.pagespeed.ce.hVyLpGCsBI.gif

Dunno Spectre, just something about it looked not right for me since day one :dntknw:

• Like 1

think so

OK, I'm going to do one more update, after I re-due the Refuel Door and update the Skins for It.

Edited by Spectre8750

I saved the wrong Cockpit.Lod's in the A-10A_76\Cockpit and A-10A_79\Cockpit folders. The 76_79_Cockpits_Fix.rar has the proper LOD to put into those folders till I make a proper update.

This is to fix the BreakX texture from showing up in those two Aircraft Cockpits. Sorry for the scew up. Both '76 and '79 Cockpits use the same LOD. Just drop the A-10PIT.LOD into both Cockpit

Folders.

Edited by Spectre8750

img00011_zpsfa513883.jpg

Here's a Pilot tracking a ground target. As a gunner he can track Aerial targets too.

Advantages:

Actually scans and looks for and at targets (Ground or in the Air)

Custom skin can be dropped in each Aircraft folder.

Can be animated in the Cockpit like Gear Down, Canopy shut, Flaps etc.

Disadvantage:

Won't eject. Not yet anyway.

Edited by Spectre8750
  • Like 2

If you are a smart cookie and use countermeasures and the hogs agility,you wont need to eject...lol

• Like 2

LOL' I have it working. The pilot falls away as the Canopy does, but at least he or she doesn't ride the plane all the way into the ground. I think the last updated version is ready.

Would be cool if we could get the Seat and the Pilot to shoot upwards like a real ejection seat.

maybe you could...make seat a weapon link pilot to it and fire seat and away you go lol

LOL, attach the pilot to a reserved weapon like a big nuke like Slim Pickens.

Edited by Spectre8750

Advantages:

Actually scans and looks for and at targets (Ground or in the Air)

Custom skin can be dropped in each Aircraft folder.

Can be animated in the Cockpit like Gear Down, Canopy shut, Flaps etc.

Disadvantage:

Will be sitting in the Cockpit while in Parking Animation mode. Animation can be shut off though.

Edited by Spectre8750

I went to go download the latest version with the March 14th updates and couldn't find the file that's associated with your link on the 1st page. Definitely was looking forward to trying out the updates! :-)

future_tuskegee_airman

It's awaiting approval.

Edited by Spectre8750

Spectre!!!!! You are the overlord from A-10, i will install in my sf2 now, its really fantastic your efforst for improve this model, have a nice day Mr Spectre :kudos: :kudos: :kudos:

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Cleaned up the Cockpit some more on all models and added new "Reduced Distance" Polygon LOD's and Destroyed Model for next update v1.1F for Final.

If anyone has noticed anything else that needs to be fixed for next update, please let me know now.

Edited by Spectre8750
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By daddyairplanes

View File 23d Wing Pope AFB 1994
      23d Wing Pope AFB 1994
      In the 1990s, the USAF experimented with composite wings that would have everything needed within a single unit for deployment into a regional fight.
      The 23 Wing was formed in 1992 to bring about this vision, as applied to direct support of US Army forces. By 1994, 4 squadrons were ready at Pope AFB NC
      to support the US Army's 82d ABN DIV at neighboring Fort Bragg. The 2d and 41st Airlift Squadrons flying the C-130E Hercules, the 74th Fighter Squadron flying
      the F-16C/D Block 40 Vipers, and the 75th Fighter Squadron flying the A-10A Warthog. As is tradition for the 23d Wing, which traces its lineage to the
      Flying Tigers of World War 2, every aircraft in the wing sported a sharks mouth.
      This mod brings together everything needed to get the 23d Wing into the fight. Complete aircraft (including a newly revamped F-16D Block 40 from ravenclaw007), period specific weapons, sounds and effects.
      Included
      Viper Team F-16C Block 40 and 75th FS skin
      ravenclaw007/Viper Team F-16D Block 40 and 75th FS skin
      Dels C-130E_SKE with 2d ALS, 41st ALS Grey and 23d Wing Euro 1 skins
      Various period specific weapons (actively in use 1994-1996)
      Installation
      unzip folder * drop into mod folder of your choice * allow overwrites
      Known Issues
      The C-130 and its weapons are primarlily eye candy. There are unfortuneatly no paratroop drop missions in SF2, and so if you want to drop say 1/325 INF onto a drop zone,
      you will need to select a recon mission and punch those partarooper out by hand
      I have been having issues getting the LAPES Sheridan tank to create a "crater" after dropping. it is still included for the visuals of puching a tank out the back of a Herk,
      and because there was still an Airborne Armor Bn at Bragg in 1994. But at this time the tank will disappear on contact with the ground

Credits
      Viper Team               all F-16 models included
      ravenclaw_007         tweeked F-16D model and templates (C and D)
      Dels                           C-130E_SKE model
      killerbee331             original weapons pack that many armaments are drawn from here
      malibu43                  2_LAU-88 mod to carry 4 Maverick rather than 6
      XRAY                         base skin for 75th FS 94
      yakarov79                LAPES M551 Sheridan and tech support with said tank
      daddyairplanes       skins, tga work, much research, various ini edits, new TW inspired loading screens
      test team                 NightshadeP/R, allenjb42
      and special thanks to   William Godwin (callsign Radio), 23d Wing Historian at Moody AFB

I hope you enjoy this mod. After 12 years total at Ft Bragg (all but 4 of them seeing the Hogs overhead near everyday) this one was a bit more personal than some other mods
      daddyairplanes
      aka Kevin Unruh
      4 July 2022
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      UPDATE 31 DEC 20220
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      After further research on other Hog units, and closer examination of the TW model, i have included Spectre8750's A-10A_93 model with updated numbers list.
      I also changed several serials after determining that they were at other bases in 1995. The deduction I used to find the C-130 serials didnt work as well
      for the Hogs. But it is fixed and I even discovered two Tiger Shark Hogs that were still in Euro 1 camoflage at the time. The A-10A_93 features two skins for
      the bulk of the gray birds and the two green ones.
      This is freeware; it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape, or form be used in any payware additions.
      See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
      THIS AIRCRAFT MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
      PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
      SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
      OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT EXPRESS
      PERMISSION FROM THE COYOTE AEROSPACE TEAM, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
      Submitter daddyairplanes Submitted 07/04/2022 Category Other  
    • By daddyairplanes
      23d Wing Pope AFB 1994
      In the 1990s, the USAF experimented with composite wings that would have everything needed within a single unit for deployment into a regional fight.
      The 23 Wing was formed in 1992 to bring about this vision, as applied to direct support of US Army forces. By 1994, 4 squadrons were ready at Pope AFB NC
      to support the US Army's 82d ABN DIV at neighboring Fort Bragg. The 2d and 41st Airlift Squadrons flying the C-130E Hercules, the 74th Fighter Squadron flying
      the F-16C/D Block 40 Vipers, and the 75th Fighter Squadron flying the A-10A Warthog. As is tradition for the 23d Wing, which traces its lineage to the
      Flying Tigers of World War 2, every aircraft in the wing sported a sharks mouth.
      This mod brings together everything needed to get the 23d Wing into the fight. Complete aircraft (including a newly revamped F-16D Block 40 from ravenclaw007), period specific weapons, sounds and effects.
      Included
      Viper Team F-16C Block 40 and 75th FS skin
      ravenclaw007/Viper Team F-16D Block 40 and 75th FS skin
      Dels C-130E_SKE with 2d ALS, 41st ALS Grey and 23d Wing Euro 1 skins
      Various period specific weapons (actively in use 1994-1996)
      Installation
      unzip folder * drop into mod folder of your choice * allow overwrites
      Known Issues
      The C-130 and its weapons are primarlily eye candy. There are unfortuneatly no paratroop drop missions in SF2, and so if you want to drop say 1/325 INF onto a drop zone,
      you will need to select a recon mission and punch those partarooper out by hand
      I have been having issues getting the LAPES Sheridan tank to create a "crater" after dropping. it is still included for the visuals of puching a tank out the back of a Herk,
      and because there was still an Airborne Armor Bn at Bragg in 1994. But at this time the tank will disappear on contact with the ground

Credits
      Viper Team               all F-16 models included
      ravenclaw_007         tweeked F-16D model and templates (C and D)
      Dels                           C-130E_SKE model
      killerbee331             original weapons pack that many armaments are drawn from here
      malibu43                  2_LAU-88 mod to carry 4 Maverick rather than 6
      XRAY                         base skin for 75th FS 94
      yakarov79                LAPES M551 Sheridan and tech support with said tank
      daddyairplanes       skins, tga work, much research, various ini edits, new TW inspired loading screens
      test team                 NightshadeP/R, allenjb42
      and special thanks to   William Godwin (callsign Radio), 23d Wing Historian at Moody AFB

I hope you enjoy this mod. After 12 years total at Ft Bragg (all but 4 of them seeing the Hogs overhead near everyday) this one was a bit more personal than some other mods
      daddyairplanes
      aka Kevin Unruh
      4 July 2022
      UPDATE 31 DEC 20220
      After further research on other Hog units, and closer examination of the TW model, i have included Spectre8750's A-10A_93 model with updated numbers list.
      I also changed several serials after determining that they were at other bases in 1995. The deduction I used to find the C-130 serials didnt work as well
      for the Hogs. But it is fixed and I even discovered two Tiger Shark Hogs that were still in Euro 1 camoflage at the time. The A-10A_93 features two skins for
      the bulk of the gray birds and the two green ones.
      This is freeware; it CANNOT be distributed unless permissions are granted by myself.
      The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
      The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
      This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape, or form be used in any payware additions.
      See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications, contact me first.
      Any persons wishing to make further modifications MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
      PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
      POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE WITHOUT EXPRESS
      PERMISSION FROM THE COYOTE AEROSPACE TEAM, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
    • By Viper63a

View File ODS Warbirds: O\A-10A Thunderbolt II ODS30 Squadrons (Spectre Edition)
      SF2 O\A-10A Thunderbolt II ODS30 Squadrons (Spectre Edition)
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      This pack contains the stand-alone version of the O\A-10A Thunderbolt II aircrafts from "Operation Desert Storm: 30th Anniversary". This mod contains accurate ODS livery, nose art and serial numbers from ODS. This is just a sample of what you will find in the expansive "Operation Desert Storm: 30th Anniversary" pack. If you like this mod and want (much much) more! Please check out the "Operation Desert Storm: 30th Anniversary" mod here...
      https://combatace.com/files/file/17521-operation-desert-storm-30th-anniversary-edition/
      !! DO NOT INSTALL THIS MOD into the "Operation Desert Storm: 30th Anniversary" pack. That pack already has these aircrafts, customized for the ODS30 theater!
      * Source: 
      https://www.dstorm.eu/pages/en/usa/a-10.html
      * Included Jets: 
      A-10A Thunderbolt II 
      OA-10A Thunderbolt II 
      ---------------------
      Installation...
      ---------------------
      1) Copy the contents of the "To_Mod_Folder" folder into your mod folder and over-write if required.
      2) Update your "...\Flight\SOUNDLIST.INI" with the contents of the "Add A-10 SoundList.txt". Please don't forget to maintain the number sequence in the sound list.
      3) Check, ensure (or update) all the squadrons in this pack is in your "SQUADRONLIST.INI" file. Once you look at that file, you will know what to do. 
      * Please note that some squadrons may have multiple CO planes, this is not a mistake. Rather than just picking one CO, I am respresenting all the COs for that squardon during the period. So both COs could pop up in given scenario. I rather have them than cut them so...it's only a game...
      * Tweaked and Tested by the ODS30 team!
      * Mod Direction and Optimization - Menrva
      * Additional Data and Weapons improvements - Yakarov79.
      * Additional Sound tweaks and updates - Guuruu.
      * Accurate Skins and Decals - Viper63a
      Thanks and Enjoy!
      =Viper63a=
      Previous versions....This mod is a ODS specific subset of these other mods...
      Version 1.5 Full Update Package A-10A and C Thunderbolt II "Warthog" Pack...
      CREDIT:
      Model:
      Wpnssgt - Original model and post v3.0 3D Modifications.
      Spectre8750 - 3D Modifications
      Russouk2004 - 3D Modifications
      Sundowner - Skin Template, Skins.
      Spectre8750 - Skins, Decals.
      A-10 Aces II Seat - Ravenclaw_007.
      Diego - USAF Pilot
      Cockpits:
      Kesselbrut
      Spectre8750
      Weapons:
      331Killerbee
      Bunyap
      EricJ
      Ravenclaw_007
      Rusty_hawk
      Wpnssgt
      Spectre8750
      Sounds:
      Spectre8750
      Effects:
      Ejection Seat system - Stary.
      Tracer Smoke Emitter - Stary.
      30mm GAU-8\A Effect - Deuces.
      * Please see the "~Original Readme" folder for original credits and previous contributors. All credit goes to those who came before me. Without them, this pack would not be possible. 

Submitter Viper63a Submitted 06/28/2021 Category A-10  
    • By Viper63a
      SF2 O\A-10A Thunderbolt II ODS30 Squadrons (Spectre Edition)
      This pack contains the stand-alone version of the O\A-10A Thunderbolt II aircrafts from "Operation Desert Storm: 30th Anniversary". This mod contains accurate ODS livery, nose art and serial numbers from ODS. This is just a sample of what you will find in the expansive "Operation Desert Storm: 30th Anniversary" pack. If you like this mod and want (much much) more! Please check out the "Operation Desert Storm: 30th Anniversary" mod here...
      https://combatace.com/files/file/17521-operation-desert-storm-30th-anniversary-edition/
      !! DO NOT INSTALL THIS MOD into the "Operation Desert Storm: 30th Anniversary" pack. That pack already has these aircrafts, customized for the ODS30 theater!
      * Source: 
      https://www.dstorm.eu/pages/en/usa/a-10.html
      * Included Jets: 
      A-10A Thunderbolt II 
      OA-10A Thunderbolt II 
      ---------------------
      Installation...
      ---------------------
      1) Copy the contents of the "To_Mod_Folder" folder into your mod folder and over-write if required.
      2) Update your "...\Flight\SOUNDLIST.INI" with the contents of the "Add A-10 SoundList.txt". Please don't forget to maintain the number sequence in the sound list.
      3) Check, ensure (or update) all the squadrons in this pack is in your "SQUADRONLIST.INI" file. Once you look at that file, you will know what to do. 
      * Please note that some squadrons may have multiple CO planes, this is not a mistake. Rather than just picking one CO, I am respresenting all the COs for that squardon during the period. So both COs could pop up in given scenario. I rather have them than cut them so...it's only a game...
      * Tweaked and Tested by the ODS30 team!
      * Mod Direction and Optimization - Menrva
      * Additional Data and Weapons improvements - Yakarov79.
      * Additional Sound tweaks and updates - Guuruu.
      * Accurate Skins and Decals - Viper63a
      Thanks and Enjoy!
      =Viper63a=
      Previous versions....This mod is a ODS specific subset of these other mods...
      Version 1.5 Full Update Package A-10A and C Thunderbolt II "Warthog" Pack...
      CREDIT:
      Model:
      Wpnssgt - Original model and post v3.0 3D Modifications.
      Spectre8750 - 3D Modifications
      Russouk2004 - 3D Modifications
      Sundowner - Skin Template, Skins.
      Spectre8750 - Skins, Decals.
      A-10 Aces II Seat - Ravenclaw_007.
      Diego - USAF Pilot
      Cockpits:
      Kesselbrut
      Spectre8750
      Weapons:
      331Killerbee
      Bunyap
      EricJ
      Ravenclaw_007
      Rusty_hawk
      Wpnssgt
      Spectre8750
      Sounds:
      Spectre8750
      Effects:
      Ejection Seat system - Stary.
      Tracer Smoke Emitter - Stary.
      30mm GAU-8\A Effect - Deuces.
      * Please see the "~Original Readme" folder for original credits and previous contributors. All credit goes to those who came before me. Without them, this pack would not be possible. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..