Olham

Song in a YouTube Video causes nausea to me

Capitaine, I just checked "Die Wacht am Rhein".

It is a pre-WW1 song, and it is about defending the river Rhein by sword and blood and life;

to keep it a German river. The French are not mentioned as the threatening opponent,

and the song is not fascist nor pro-Nazi - it is just about the defense of the fatherland.

Well, I guess not. Parody on the Nazis is usually allowed. They had in my case not even traced the HW-Lied at YouTube.

They only banned it, after Hauksbee, some others and I had marked it.

Bad news, Olham. I just checked the link you provided and the video (music and all) is still there.

Yes, I know - it is only removed in Germany. But at least here it is banned now. Two-faced!

I flagged it for promoting hatred as well but got some silly auto-response from YouTube stating that to flag it for hatred there had to be a specific group towards which the hate was directed...I couldn't find the drop-down selection choice "humanity" :dntknw::blink:

• Like 1

Perhaps you can choose "Jewish people"?

I tried to check, what choice you have, but since the video is banned here, I cannot click it anymore.

WOW lots of people getting upset for very little. What makes you so special. Crying censorship just because you don't like the subject matter or music it was set to. Just another form of dictatorship, if I don't like it ban it. BS!!! If you don't like it don't watch it or listen to it.

My mothers family is all from Germany lived and grew up during the Hitler era, didn't believe in his BS either but if you wanted to live a half assed normal life you kept your mouth shut. My mothers uncle just happens to be one of the higher ranked Luftwaffe aces and no he was not a Nazi but did what he had to do. In fact a large number of the aces called him a traitor and a communist for his beliefs and conduct after the war.

Yes I know all the Nazi krap is banned in Germany, so if you have an issue with something as stupid as a poorly done video and song on you tube take it there and ask to have it banned if your upset about it. In my opinion here isn't the place to gather support for your ideals.

My 2 cents like it fine if not that's fine as well.

• Dislike 2

My mothers uncle just happens to be one of the higher ranked Luftwaffe aces and no he was not a Nazi but did what he had to do. In fact a large number of the aces called him a traitor and a communist for his beliefs and conduct after the war.

Hey, that's just some accusations I have heard about Hermann Graf, 212 kills, excluded from the Association for former Jagdflieger for admitting German war crimes before a Soviet commission... Wow, could it happen HE is your grand-uncle!?

WOW lots of people getting upset for very little. What makes you so special. Crying censorship just because you don't like the subject matter or music it was set to. Just another form of dictatorship, if I don't like it ban it. BS!!! If you don't like it don't watch it or listen to it.

Yes I know all the Nazi krap is banned in Germany, so if you have an issue with something as stupid as a poorly done video and song on you tube take it there and ask to have it banned if your upset about it. In my opinion here isn't the place to gather support for your ideals.

My 2 cents like it fine if not that's fine as well.

that has nothing to do with censorship to report a prohibited nazi-song. it's not like somebody has an open opinion and somebody is trying to ban him or something. it's not dictatorship either to report such crap. if that is for you dictatorship, then you don't have a clou what really dictatorship is. you can't simply throw reporting racist nazi songs into the same pot like communist china or whatever.

maybe he won't watch and listen to it, but maybe other, influencable people will. it is right to grab things like that at the roots and put it away. and it's also right to not look to the other direction if things like that appear. happened often enough in the past.

why he had posted it here? because he considers many people here as friends. and friends talk about stuff like that. maybe the pub would be more apropriate. but gathering support for his ideals? what ideals do you mean?

Just so as you know, UKW, if you hear off the English Democrats setting up in the NE, give them a wide berth. It's the same BNP/EDL/NF thugs as usual, they've taken over said English Democrats. Avoid.

Thanks for the headsup m8...They even trickle into the Animal welfare pages on Facebook etc...posting about the cruelty of Halal meat...they dont care about animal welfare..they are just slithering into any Groups, where they think they'll get support!..very dangerous people indeed!...they need to be shot down in flames, at ANY opportunity!

I'm in two minds about the censorship issue!....you must have some censoreship...it's Illegal for instance, to wear a Nazi Armband in public...that sort of censorship is totally just and right...but youtube?...like Tsmoke says...you can not watch it...but, should it be open to view by people who have an interest in that?..and may become radicalised?...if not...then why not allow Al Queda a voice?....tough call

... What makes you so special. Crying censorship just because you don't like the subject matter or music it was set to.

Just another form of dictatorship, if I don't like it ban it. BS!!! If you don't like it don't watch it or listen to it.

You haven't got anything of what I was trying to say, TSmoke.

I am not "so special", that I would imply my personal "dictatorship" on a public video channel.

It is not because I "dislike" the Horst-Wessel-Lied. I do even like the music of it.

But knowing that it was THE marching song of the SA, and knowing what the SA was and did - that is what makes me sick.

And that is why I say: ban that BS from public channels - before it might infect other simple minds.

... if you wanted to live a half assed normal life you kept your mouth shut. My mothers uncle just happens to be one

of the higher ranked Luftwaffe aces and no he was not a Nazi but did what he had to do. In fact a large number of the aces

called him a traitor and a communist for his beliefs and conduct after the war.

Well, then I don't get it, why you get so aggressive against my matter. I know all that very well. My dad also did his service.

He was also not a Nazi-sympathisant, but he also kept his mouth shut and did his job (radio operater on a ship).

Your mother's uncle was not a Nazi and made himself enemies in the own ranksby being honest.

Now I do not know, what Major Gerhard Barkhorn was like, but I don't think that he, or his children, were even asked,

if the Horst-Wessel-Song could be used as background music for a short video "portrait" of Barkhorn.

And finally, the uploader calls him self "heildemfuehrer" - in clear text "Heil dem Fuehrer"; and now you know where

he stands. I do not want such BS being spread again, and I vote for banning in such specific cases.

... if you have an issue with something as stupid as a poorly done video and song on you tube take it there and ask

to have it banned if your upset about it. In my opinion here isn't the place to gather support for your ideals.

Do you advocat the old and most simple method of ignoring such BS, if you don't like it, and just look somewhere else?

Well, in that case I recommend: look somewhere else, and stop reading this post.

Edited by Olham

" In my opinion here isn't the place to gather support for your ideals."

I'll bear that in mind next time I read on CA somebody advocating nuking Iran and being cheered on for it.

In my opinion here isn't the place to gather support for your ideals.

And it is yours? Just sayin.

The fact that Olham can come here and discuss this issue with his flightsim friends is a good thing. That many of us chose to take umbrage at the idiocy and 'do the right thing' rather than just stuff our collective heads in the sand of internet anonymity is, as far as I'm concerned, even better. Don't get involved if you don't want to-- no one is forcing you to read through the thread.

• Like 1

Thanks for the headsup m8...They even trickle into the Animal welfare pages on Facebook etc...posting about the cruelty of Halal meat...they dont care about animal welfare..they are just slithering into any Groups, where they think they'll get support!..very dangerous people indeed!...they need to be shot down in flames, at ANY opportunity!

Don't worry old boy, we know how to deal with their lot in the north!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uvhYYOK0WA

:grin:

There's a time factor to the 'uncensored' history I like to learn about.

WW2 is still living memory for many people directly injured by it, and that is something we should never overlook. Raw truth laid bare can hurt victims on both sides.

Perhaps, well, no perhaps about it, now isn't the time to be opening up wounds just to have a closer look at what caused them or dabble with things we don't understand or properly appreciate. Most of us are wise enough to know that, but stupid kids can get it wrong. Lets not forget Prince Harry's armband.... A stupid kid is not the same as a bad kid.

Scotland still hasn't got over Culloden yet, and that was 1746.

Edited by Flyby PC