UK_Widowmaker

Not for the Oil..wearing a bit thin

You weren't living in Georgia in late 2008 when the gas lines were a mile long and gas stations had no fuel for no explicable reason. Literally everywhere in the country except metro Atlanta was getting petroleum while we were busy siphoning it from other people's cars or getting up at 3:30 to wait two hours to fill a tank. People like guns around here, too, so combining that with tempers and frustrations over fuel scarcity was not a pleasant situation I would want to live through again.

Thus, screw oil. I want something else.

I've lived through several of those gas shocks. Rationing gas and filling up on odd/even days.

ALL energy sources need to be developed. But deliberately suppressing gas, coal, nuclear and oil development before other sources are ready is not the way to get there.

the UN is a joke...

go see statistics about condemning countries

tiny little Israel is first.. before countries that perform genocide and ethnic cleansing

they do nothing useful in the world

Supply and demand are no longer relevant. They have SOME effect on oil prices, but only SOME. The rule of the day is now perceived supply and demand. The great thing about perception is no amount of facts will alter it, not in today's society. Allegations, threats, and rumors are far more influential.

So the US has more oil and gas sitting in tanks waiting to be used than ever, but the price still goes up! Why? Because the supply MIGHT drop. Maybe. If the following 15 conditions are met, we could be in trouble!!!!! So quick, bid higher on the next oil contract!!!!

The reason the price of oil goes up when it has no business going up is people make money off that. Doesn't matter that the rest of us lose on it, the Privileged Few make money, so it happens.

Ofcourse, if you control supply you control the price, so much about free market utopia...

But the Isl. Rep. of Iran remains the most important ally of Syria, a serious intervention is actually impossible.

I don't even give a sh*t about the fuel prices anymore!...here in the UK..it's so damned expensive, that I'm actually past caring!

Let the Arab world keep it's Oil...and when they've drifted back to the 11th Century...we can just go buy it for some Camel Dung!

Well Syrians finally broke the siege of foreign financed and supported terrorists(or as our media called them - "freedom fighters") so hopefully they can stabilize life in their country now...

Interesting indeed.

“People were saying, that according to the 1951 constitution which is now valid in Libya, there are two capitals: Tripoli as a political capital, and Benghazi as the economic capital. They want that status back," she [ Hoda Abdel Hamid ] said.

~> http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2012/03/201236123841695817.html

vid included, one of the very few times I wish I had sound on my computer.