Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Help Needed: Finnish AF Hawk serials....

got the colors as close as I can, but need some serial number for decals. Don't need all of them, just a sampling (apporx 18-24 numbrs)

TIA!!

Wow, Wrench! That´s a beauty! :salute:

I hope these are helpful.

As you can see, the 80´s serial numbers were like this (Nevermind the camo around side insignia, it´s wrong):

post-53145-0-18549100-1330560876.jpg

The numbers were from HW-301 thru HW-350.

Later serial markings looked like this:

post-53145-0-20892100-1330560952.jpg

The latest camo and markings. I think the Hawk mk66´s from Swizerland look like this, too. Their serial numbers would be HW-374 thru HW-392. If someone has better information, please advise.

post-53145-0-22311900-1330561608.jpg

Edited by boulder

Hey,

the Finnish Air Force had 50 mk51's (HW-301 - HW-350) and 7 mk51A's (HW351 - HW-357). 10 Have been lost in accidents. 17 Ex-Swiss mk66's were bought in 2007, unfortunately I only found one serial (HW-374) for them.

*edit* Damnit, beaten by boulder :boxing:

Edited by JJava

that's what I needed! thanks guys! I knew our northern brothers would come through!

Oh, thats nice. TSF will need a HAWK soon :)

That´s great news, JonathanRL! Since I don´t have neither time nor energy to make 100 posts to SimHQ to be able to download the Black Sea Terrain 2.0 for Baltika´s Orange Revolution Campaign, which I find very interesting, I just sit back and wait for upcoming additions to the great Scandinavian Front series, Operation Desert Storm for SF2 and of course, SF2:Not Available. :rofl:

I have read the Red Storm Rising once again and watched Top Gun, so I'm ready! :cool:

Very important add on!:drinks:

........ but Russo's wonderful Hawk should need some edits to cut those ugly black shadows lines ......

Why don't ask him to fix it?:good:

oh, believe me, I WILL

right now, with shadows=FALSE just looks odd on the runway!

what really yanks my crank in SF2; once upon a time (ok, 06 level) you could pull the shd lod, rename them and have them work with a 'similarly shaped aircraft'. Not anymore ... pulled the A4 shd, renamed it to match thelod, and it just don't work. NO matter what the shadow statement is, it wants to use the main aircraft lod for shadow generation

oh, believe me, I WILL

right now, with shadows=FALSE just looks odd on the runway!

what really yanks my crank in SF2; once upon a time (ok, 06 level) you could pull the shd lod, rename them and have them work with a 'similarly shaped aircraft'. Not anymore ... pulled the A4 shd, renamed it to match thelod, and it just don't work. NO matter what the shadow statement is, it wants to use the main aircraft lod for shadow generation

You're right. No more tricks but only a model edit can fix.

:drinks:

well, I PMed Russo, all we can do is hope!! (keeping fingers crossed!)

well, I PMed Russo, all we can do is hope!! (keeping fingers crossed!)

I, too.

:scare:

take a few shots to show where its coming from and I ll see what I can do. :salute:

seems to be from front port canopy frame...will take a look tomorrow see whats wrong.

i was gonna guess the front insturment panel. got a bunch of screenies zipped up, i'll PM them to you!

thanks again Russ!!

Fixed HawkTmk1A LOD

The canopy frame interior had a few odd polys and ive sorted the shadow problem,made new inner frame.Ive noted a few things that need redoing,so asap I ll give it a revamp.Then,when I have some free time I will remap this one.

SF2Hawk.7z

Edited by russouk2004

Fix also uploaded in Add on A\C for SF2.. :salute:

No problemo,if I can fix summat I will lol..

:yikes:

don't remap it!!! I just redid all the skins!!! :lol:

edit: screenie of new lod

man OUT-frakking-STANDING!!!! :drinks::salute::good:

I can finish off the decals, and have it out by the weekend!!!

Edited by Wrench