Sign in to follow this  

That would be amazing to see accurately portrayed. I have the F-4S downloaded from here but I think there is more to the real one then what is modeled in game. That sounds like a leap forward similar to that of the going straight from the P-51A straight to the H!

There is a lot more to the S but we cant do it in game. Or we would of. :salute: The S was the ultimate Phantom.

I think TK made it quite clear that he would not do new pits for a DLC plane, which should tell you a lot about the chances of a "real" A-4M or late model Phantom.

I also get the impression that the F-4N/S just soldiered on for the same reason the Crusader stayed....the Navy had still some carriers left that couldn't take their latest fighter.

I think TK made it quite clear that he would not do new pits for a DLC plane, which should tell you a lot about the chances of a "real" A-4M or late model Phantom.

I also get the impression that the F-4N/S just soldiered on for the same reason the Crusader stayed....the Navy had still some carriers left that couldn't take their latest fighter.

The F-4N/S soldiered on because they could never afford enough F-14s to replace them and at the time the F-14s were not used for any mission other than air superiority/fleet air defense. Under Reagan, they bought even more carriers and needed planes to fill them. Ultimately, the Navy was waiting on Hornet production to permit retirement of the F-4, much like the arrival of enough F-16s allowed them to be pushed out of active service in the USAF.

Since the F-4N/S didn't make the cut for SF2NA, I would expect them to be in an expansion pack much like the Lighting, which had lots of variants and completely new cockpits. But I wouldn't expect the cockpits to function any different than what SF2 has now, just 3d modeled to look like the photos.

F-4S cockpit: USA - Navy McDonnell F-4S Phantom II (158353) **Cockpit**

Edited by streakeagle

Well the Mirage F1 expansion is coming first, unless TK changes his plans. I would buy such an expansion with that late F-4, though.

@streakeagle, thanks for the pic. never seen that before.

So the F-4S had a more modern-style HUD system, like the F-14, or not?

the F-4N/S didn't make the cut for SF2NA

hell...

did TK mention that somewhere? the planelist in current SF2 do say there's an N, S and J_74 there..

Which just means he may plan to add it "some day", but not necessarily at release. Perhaps "SF2 Expansion 4" for NA.

@streakeagle, thanks for the pic. never seen that before.

So the F-4S had a more modern-style HUD system, like the F-14, or not?

No. It has a pipper projected onto a combinig glass, similar to earlier F-4 models.