Sign in to follow this  
JonathanRL

SF2E: TSF: Mannerheims Shield

SF2E: TSF: Mannerheims Shield

The Scandinavian Front: Operation Mannerheims Shield

By The Scandinavian Front Team

UPDATE: After you installed this file; install this one:

http://combatace.com/files/file/12893-sf2e-tsf-mannerheims-shield-viking-total-war-patch/

This makes for a far more enjoyable experience and is highly recommended!!!

The year is 1966.

Ten years have passed since what is commonly called "The Soviet War" in Sweden and Finland. Many hoped that the end of the war would result in a lasting peace for

Scandinavia. Both Sweden and Finland openly applies for membership in NATO to protect themselves from the horrors of war and a nuclear bomb program is now a

joint-effort between both countries. Despite this, as a gesture of good faith, Soviet sells Finland a number of MiG-21 Figthers and MiG-15 UTI Training aircraft.

In 1965, a report is sent to Moscow by the extremist left of Sweden. It claims a nuclear bomb is less then a year away, a shock to the Union who expected such a

weapon to be at least five years away. During this time, demonstrations - part of the global peace movement - break out in Sweden and Finland. The leaders of both

countries suspect Soviet involvement, and raise funds to the military.

February 1966, a small force under Lauri Törni is arrested at a naval base in Murmansk. Suspected as sabotours and spies, they are tried and sent to prison, while Sweden and Finland denies involvement. A few days later, the prison convoy is ambushed with the guards either dead or suspected captured by the unknown attackers. Törnis team is also missing. Soviet angrily demands the surrender of Törni to their custody or war may be declared.

While Törni in a press conference from Washington DC agrees to surrender himself, it is clear that war cannot be averted. The report about the nuclear bomb is spooking the Soviets to such a degree that they have declared that they will attack. Knowing that the Swedish Air Force is the key to victory for Scandinavia, they make plans to almost entirely bypass Finland and attack Sweden directly by Sea.

NATO Agents, active within the Union catch wind of the plans and send them to Stockholm. They choose the plan Mannerheims Shield as their best hope for survival...

Installation:

If you are using a mod, or plan to use one, TSF will mess around with settings other mods may be using. As such, creating a seperate mod

folder for TSF is a good idea. If you only plan to use TSF, then this step can be bypassed.

Go to your installation folder (Usually C:\Program Files\Thirdwire\Strike Fighters 2). Make a copy of Strike Fighters 2.exe / Strike Fighters 2 Europe.exe depending on what you prefer and got installed. Name the Copy Strike Fighters 2 TSF.exe . Start your new .exe once, then close the game.

Now go to your Mod Folders. For Windows 7/Vista, this is located in C:\Users\Name\Saved Games\Thirdwire. Unzip the contents of the 7zip file into the mod folder of your choice. Allow any overwrites.

As long as this package is installed last, it can and should be merged with the other The Scandinavian Front packages.

Credits:

- Gnat by Markfighters (Updated by Paulopanz)

- Mi-8 by Markfighters (Updated by Paulopanz)

- MiG 21F Finnish Skin by Paulopanz

- Vampire 52 by Pasko

- IL-28R by Paulopanz

- J 35 Draken FM Mods and Skins by Paulopanz

- A/J/S 32 Lansen FM Mods and Skins by Paulopanz

- Jaktraketkapsel M/57 by Cocas

- Danish F-100D by Paulopanz

- Norwegian F-104 by hgbn

- Norwegian F-5A by Column5/The Mirage Factory

- Su-9A by Pasko, updated by Wrench

- Swedish Weapons by Ravenclaw007

- Unified Effects Pack 1.1 by Stary

- Ground Effects Collection by SF

- Better Widesky for SF2 by Cellisky and Insky_orsin

- Alternative Cloud layer 1.0 by SF

Big thanks to all of you. We could not done this without you. Goes double for Paulopanz :drinks:

If I forgot anybody, this is completely unintentional and will be corrected. Just drop me a line and I fix.

There will be bugs, ladies and gentlemen. I cannot guard against everything. So you are my eyes and ears. Find them. Report them. Hunt their mothers. And we will destroy them.

I discovered a Soviet Air offensive bug. Will correct it and post the mini-patch that solves it here as well as update the file.

UPDATE:

File attached will solve the Air Offensive Issue and allow you to make proper use of the Drakens.

Main file updated.

Campaigns.7z

Edited by JonathanRL

It's great Jonathan, had some time today, flew some missions, feels great :drinks:

I highly recommend this (sorry for personal plug: together with my HR GermanyCE from 2009 added ontop of this install for 1024x1024 textures...)

I can't get the Gnat to be flyable in either this campaign or Suomenlahti Skirmishes. It won't even let me fly it in single mission. I have the March 2012 update but it didn't work under Nov 2011 either.

That sounds like a cockpit bug. Can you list what SF2 Games you have?

That sounds like a cockpit bug. Can you list what SF2 Games you have?

Yep, it was the cockpit. I switched its cockpit to the Hunter FGA.9's and it's working. I have vanilla SF2E and all the TSF mods, nothing else.

Aight, We will prob implement SF2: NA features into the game soon, and I will make sure the cockpit fix is implemented :)

Tried the Draken out today. It's extremely fun to fly grin.gif but whenever I get shot down in it or hit Esc after landing it damaged, the game crashes.

... the hell?

Never experienced that one before. I have absolutely no idea what might be wrong. What is your patch level?

Hi Jonathan,

I hadn't played or modded SF2 since the updated Falklands Campaign came out...a year ago?

I patched my game up to the latest patch, yesterday and downloaded the Scandinavian Front Campaigns.

(I wanted to fly the Lansen, it looks so pretty!)

I got very exited (thanks so much!) and opened my old pilot templates to put together some skins...

Here are a couple of Swedish and a Danish pilot. (WIP - Swedish helmets and masks have not implemented yet).

Would you be interested?

post-10763-0-45748800-1332406491.jpg

I got very exited (thanks so much!) and opened my old pilot templates to put together some skins...

Wait until you see it with the SF2: NA additions...

Would you be interested?

Yes, i would to put it mildly :)

Wow, can't wait!

I haven't got NA yet...

will it be mandatory, for the next update?

BTW, do you, by any chance, have any info on Scandinavian flight gear, as I lack reference and I kind of improvising in some parts?

I've got some pics from Michael Karlson's site but that's it...

My try on the type 111 Swedish flight helmet,

mask to done when I've got more reference...

post-10763-0-67114100-1332424815.jpg

:salute:

Edited by elephant

will it be mandatory, for the next update?

No. As TSF is a project to advertise SF2 in Scandinavia, I made a point that the only requirement will be SF2: Europe; but alot of features was transferred into the other games from SF2: NA via march patch. We shall see exactly how many when I try it out on a non-NA Install.

And sorry, I do not have much information about Flight Gear :/.

Edited by JonathanRL

Thanks, that's great!

Never mind about the flight gear reference.

I was trying to shortcut some of the research needed... :grin:

:salute:

... the hell?

Never experienced that one before. I have absolutely no idea what might be wrong. What is your patch level?

Mar 2012. I tested it some more and it appears to be a problem with my video card settings and not the Draken itself.

Great campaign : lot of fun flying the Draken !

Great campaign : lot of fun flying the Draken !

I really hope my name will included,the P-4 helmet was made by me for Spyros's Israeli pilots