and cranky JS, Doris.

In fact half-way through the exercise Doris' throttle

just died on me.

So I got a Saitek Throttle Quadrant, mapped

Mags off/on to one of the rocker switches and Bob's

your uncle.

Doris still doesn't have a throttle, but everything else

works OK including FFB (phew :heat: ).

Blipping makes formation keeping soooo much easier.

Cheers

Hi Everyone

I just got word that Andy73 has completed the update of all the rotary engines sound files to support the Blip Switch action. I will shortly update my 'Grand Bundle OFF Sounds Mods JSGME Enabled' pack in the CA Downloads with his new files. I am pretty sure that Andy73 will update his Aircraft Sounds mod as well.

@RS

I got the Blip Switch macro to work on my Saitek Cyborg V1 JS. The only issue I found is that when I blip the engine several times, quickly, the action may fall out of sync. I have to hit the 'Mags Off' keyboard key (I am using the remapped PERIOD) one or two times in rapid succession to restore the press/release blipping action. Just as Lou suggested. You will heard the blipped engine sound when the action has resynced. Then just start using the JS blip switch again as before.

OlPaint01

Great news about Andy's sound mod for the blip switch, I look forward to giving it a go.

OlPaint, I have no such issue with my blip switch, never acts up at all. But it could be a simple as a different OS or systems setting.

Sid, glad you have your controls sorted out now. Too bad though about your throttle giving up on your old JS. Time to start Christmas shopping perhaps? :wink:

Hey Guys :grin:

Actually I'm working on an Upgrade for my Sound Mod. OlPaint has brought me the Idea, and I made some new Samples for the LeRhone, the Gnome 80 HP and the Gnome 160 HP Rotary Engines. This Upgrade is especially for Allied Planes with Rotary Engines.

You will hear now 1 or 2 Seconds of the low running Engine, BEFORE the Shutdown Sequence will start ! I think it's quite good :good: Gives a little bit more Immersion.

All I have to do now is to finish the new Shutdown Sequence for the Fokker Dr1 , because the French Nieuport 24 is using the Sound Configuration of the Triplane. I hope I can complete this Update for this Weekend, and I will immediately release it if it's ready for Download :idea:

It's a little bit hard, because I've got not much time this Weekend. But I will try ! I will release this Mod as a normal Download, for those who wish to change the Samples manually in each Aircraft Folder.

OlPaint will also release my Mod as JSGME Version :drinks: I will send my Upgrade Package to him, so he can publish it here.

See ya :bye:

Thank you mucho Andy! I look forward to giving the new mod a go.

Thanks Andy. We modders need to support each other all we can! I look forward to giving your sound mod a go!

Great news about Andy's sound mod for the blip switch, I look forward to giving it a go.

OlPaint, I have no such issue with my blip switch, never acts up at all. But it could be a simple as a different OS or systems setting.

Sid, glad you have your controls sorted out now. Too bad though about your throttle giving up on your old JS. Time to start Christmas shopping perhaps? :wink:

I've been looking, Lou,

But I'm really loath to give up FFB :sad: .

However, have found a possible alternative.

More anon.

This is a wonderful thread guys. I've just set about getting an old pc set up as my simming/gaming computer. I'm all for immersion as the rest of you. I've an X-52 and was wondering how I should map it and the blip and fuel mixture ideas are on for sure. I also am now using rudder pedals for the first time, CH Pro Pedals $10 Goodwill purchase (like new), which I like thus far.

Do you all anticipate that our set ups will be the same for WOFF? One difference I can see is using a flight yoke for the Gotha.

@Lou

I have posted a revised 'OFF Sounds Mods JSGME Enabled V1.3' pack to the CA Downloads. It now contains Andy73's revised 'Rotary Aircraft Sounds_1.3' that modifies the shutdown sound tracks including LeRhone, Gnome80, Gnome160, Oberursel, and Oberursel_EV engines to support Blip Switch action used for all rotary powered aircraft in OFF:HitR_1.47.

OBTW, I edited my Blip Switch JS button macro to increase the time between the press/release actions. That seems to have solved my issue of it losing its sync.

@Rickity

I have both Saitek Throttle Quadrant and Saitek Rudder Pedals along with Saitek JS. I have throttle, mixture, and elevator trim mapped to the three levers of the Quad. One particular conflict I had to resolve was that my JS twisty rudder control had to be unassigned in the CFS3/OFF Controls before the rudder pedals would work properly. Also, my JS throttle control had to be unassigned in the CFS3/OFF Controls before the throttle lever on the Quad would work correctly.

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

OlPaint I am lucky in that I seem to have no conflicts or problems with my X-52 and CH pedals. The computer found the software for the peds and I locked the twist feature on the stick. I was amazed that I did not have to fiddle about. All that is left is to map my buttons. :drinks:

Rickety, I have the X52 also and just use assignments through the controls menu of the game. There is another thread that explains how to set up the Mixture axis (I use the slider on top of the throttle). The thread is pretty new and explains how to do it. Try search or just look through the previous couple of pages and you should find it.

Beard