I know it was not the initial theme in the other topic, so Im asking here.

Is there a possibility to "rearange" the front part of the windshield?!

su24m-14.jpg

Sukhoi_Su-24_inflight_Mishin-2.jpg

3D model for comparison

post-279-0-70802100-1338246288.jpg

hope this will not be understand as nitpicking. :drinks:

I dont know who is working on the 3D model, so I hope this will be understand right :good:

• Like 1

Well, as soon as someone coughs up the Max files, sure. It could also use bump and spec mapping as well, and due to its age (AFAIK, it was last worked on sometime in 2007), it doesn't have afterburner nodes, either.

You might be able to achieve that effect with a little tweak to the skin...a little paint work might be able to create the curve at the base of each windscreen.

The paint effect isnt the solution I was looking for. Hope the corefile is still around here, its a nice model and definatly should be brought into the game! :drinks:

Offtopic: the 2nd photo is a really nice pic of the Su-24! This is one aircraft that doesn't look very "Soviet". In other colors, its appearance fits the lines of any Western country. Of course, it looks a bit like an F-111 with F-4 intakes, but it definitely has its own unique appearance. I guess it is really a V-G Flagon with a more Western "cut" to the tail surfaces. If they fly and fight as good as they look, they are an awesome aircraft. They should have made a tandem cockpit interceptor version. Sukhoi may not be as well recognized as "MiG" (at least prior to the Flanker), but all of their aircraft are very interesting to me.

• Like 1

Once a good modder get the MAX files, the different versions can be modded too, since changes are small too.

Offtopic: the 2nd photo is a really nice pic of the Su-24! This is one aircraft that doesn't look very "Soviet". In other colors, its appearance fits the lines of any Western country. Of course, it looks a bit like an F-111 with F-4 intakes, but it definitely has its own unique appearance. I guess it is really a V-G Flagon with a more Western "cut" to the tail surfaces. If they fly and fight as good as they look, they are an awesome aircraft. They should have made a tandem cockpit interceptor version. Sukhoi may not be as well recognized as "MiG" (at least prior to the Flanker), but all of their aircraft are very interesting to me.

Streak,

Were you aware that the Saturn/Lyulka AL-21F-3A engines used on the Su-24 were based on a similar design to that of the J-79? That the Su-24 was originally intended to have variable intake ramps, like the F-4 Phantom, but that they were removed during the prototype stage, for simplicities sake, resulting in a loss of max speed capability at high altitude (from Mach 2.18 down to Mach 1.35)?

Most of my knowledge on the Su-24 predates the avalance of information that has become public. I have focused primarily on the MiG-21 and picked up quite a bit of information on the MiG-23. Since the Su-24 is functionally a strike bomber, it never held my attention the way the fighters have. I was aware of the intakes (not unlike how the B-1 was slowed down since it didn't make sense to pay for high alt performance when the mission was primarily on the "deck"). I don't know too many details about the Soviet jet engines aside from thrust levels and the progression of the MiG-21 engine variants.

Since the Soviets almost always do a large scale/small scale version of any given aerodynamic layout, to me the Su-24 is the large scale version of the MiG-23. In fact, my "knowledge" is so dated that to me, it is the Su-19 Fencer rather than the Su-24 :grin: Properly equipped, the Su-24 could have been their "Tomcatski". But major Flagon upgrades were bypassed in that time frame in favor of the Su-27/MiG-29 development that was already on the drawing boards. Even if it was underdeveloped/underutilized, the Su-24 looks very nice.

hmmm...perhaps it would be a good time to scour the web for pdf versions of Yefrim Gordon's "Red Star" series ... well worth having/reading. (as Ed can tell, as I sent him the RS on the Fencer...)

I will sort out the source files for the fencer by the end of the weekend, with final exams tomorrow and on Saturday, I have literally no spare time for simming right now.