Herr Prop-Wasche

HPW Combined FM and EW mod here!

Thank you guys! :good:

@Lothar

Great Find! The JSGME v2.6 User Guide is now included in the package on CA Downloads.

http://combatace.com...-enabler-jsgme/

PS: It sure would be sweet to have the OFFice Utility script the appropriate date-dependant Realism Mods (HPW's Weather, Bletchley' AA, Buddy1998's or Bletchley's Mission). I hope it is doable. Also, managing the active pilot by script? Outstanding!

Thanks OlPaint! Just heard from JoneSoft and they emailed me the manual, but no word yet on a place online for support. But it looks like it'll be possible to have OFFbase automatically trigger the right Weather, AA, and Mission mods depending on timeframe and such. That probably won't happen for a while though, gotta focus on other stuff for a while.

But I just uploaded version 0.7.4 which takes care of the active pilot for you (just a setting in the registry), along with lots of other cool fun stuff. Hopefully the mods will approve it soon.

Herr Prop-Wasche, I wonder if something's wrong with my install?

You say, that personalised skins would not appear first, and that one needed

to refly the same mission, to see them?

Well, in my case they were there at once - at least my own one was.

The Albatros D.II seems a tad weaker now, which makes it more distinct from the D.III.

As far as I could see, it feels good that way - still a dangerous scout.

Still need to check the "new" Pfalz D.IIIa.

I had a fight yesterday flying Albatros DII from Jasta 18 in Feb. 1917 against some Nieuports 17 and when down at low level it was very difficult to turn with them, and the Albatros DII really felt like a heavy plane, which it was (it was a long mission s had to take off with 90% fuel and still had around 70% when the sh*t hit the fan...). Although I had to land (engine hits) and was made prisonner for the rest of the war ...

corsair, I fly with a personal skin, and that means also with 100 % fuel load.

Still though, I rarely ever let the Nieuports dominate our fights.

The Albatros is not the perfect turn fighter, but it can hold it's own against Nupes,

as long as you don't let them drag you into RIGHT-ROUND turning.

There they will win!

Turn left rounds with them. And fly "triangular" more.

With that I mean: approach a Nieuport and fire at it; then fly away from it again in a wide left round diving turn.

With the gained speed, you can then either climb or go into another tight turn with your opponent.

So, while they fly circles, you fly triangles rather.

Most important: in fights against turn fighters, these guys will often try to draw the fight

down to a low level, cause there you cannot do energy-fighting (diving for speed) anymore,

and now they can dominate the fight. Remain at the top of all action; only fight their

highest flyers. Even when your (poor) wingmen go down and get slaughtered - try to

resist the feelings that make you want to go down to help them.

Edited by Olham

I've had a few reports from others that are now seeing their skins even when using the mod, so I'm not sure what the actual situation is anymore myself! :stars:

Cue Twilight Zone music.

Hey HPW, in order to be compatible with other JSGME mods, especially mission mods, JSGME must be installed in the parent folder, usually "ODBSoftware", and not inside the "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" folder. This means your FM/EW mods need to be repackaged, moved from just the "aircraft" folder to the "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\aircraft" folder.

Pain in the butt, but the community needs to standardize that JSGME is installed correctly so it works for all mods. JSGME and its mods folder must be alongside the "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" and "WW1Scenery" folders, not inside the former.

Yeah, that was a mistake I made when I came out with my first damage mod. Since it was the first mod to use JSGME, I just kept using that file structure. I can send a revised mod with the correct file structure to OlPaint01.

Then I also have it all wrong. Is there a simple solution?

Edit: I don't even find out how to deinstall "Generic Mod Enabler" from "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields"???

Edited by Olham

I'd attach the fixed version to this post, but I've used 3.08MB of my 3MB global upload quota. I've put it here temporarily.

Olham, just move your JSGME.exe, JSGME.ini, and MODS folders out of the "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" folder and into the parent folder, usually "ODBSoftware." You may have to redo any shortcut to JSGME on your desktop. Replace the FM folders with the ones here and it should work.

I have a feeling people who were reporting no problems with their skins didn't actually have the FM mod activated because of the wrong folder.

HPW, can you just upload the fixed version to update your previous version here? That way all the links will go to the correct version and hopefully we can stop people from putting JSGME in the wrong place.

Edited by Lothar of the Hill People

Thanks a lot for advice and modified versions, Lothar, I have "made my move" and will report on Sunday.

Perhaps you guys should make a separate post about how to instal JSGME?

Thks for info Olham... I know the theory ( been flying a lot of Albatros DIIs and Noops in RoF and I know the Noop is an Albatros killer at low altitude) but this time I tried to help one of my poor wingmen and as you said it turned out it was not a good idea. This was just a try-out anyway to see how the planes were behaving with the new FM, when I fly serious careers I am a lot more careful at picking up my fights and my first aim is to survive another day.

Generally I find until now the AI planes in OFF to be a lot more dangerous than in RoF, where most of my careers have ended through collisions and flak (even when flying mods on). I find the AI to be one weak point of RoF that's why I usually fly MP.

Edited by corsaire31

HPW, can you just upload the fixed version to update your previous version here? That way all the links will go to the correct version and hopefully we can stop people from putting JSGME in the wrong place.

HPW, I have already edited the MODS folder with your FM/EW Mod files in the compatiable c:\OBDSoftware root directory structure. Can I PM it to you so it could be posted to the CA Downloads as Lothar has requested?

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

@ Herr Prop-Wasche :drinks:

A great Mod! Thank you very much :good:

Version 2.2 of the mod has been submitted for approval and should be ready very soon. The new version is unchanged except that the file structure has been changed in order to comply with Lothar's Office program. All of the files in the new version should be extracted to the OBDSoftware/MODS folder instead of the OBDSoftware/CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields/MODS folder.

For many people, this will require that they FIRST install an additional copy of JSGME into their main OBDSoftware folder. Also, be sure to deactivate and then delete any previous versions of my FM. Note that it is okay to leave two copies of JSGME in separate places in your OFF installation. Just be sure to carefully follow the modders instructions for correct placement of his or her mod.

I apologize for any confusion this may cause. Of course, I will be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have. Eventually, I will release updated versions of all of my mods in order to comply with the new folder structure.

Herr Prop-Wasche, I have now installed the JSGME in the main "OBD Software" folder, as Lothar suggested,

but I don't get any ace skins, even after leaving the flight, and then pressing "Fly same mission again" -

no ace skins.

Another observation I made: the turn fighters I met with my Albatros D.II are now even more advantaged.

They have already before always been able to curve in behind the Albs and slowly shoot them up;

cause the Albs don't do enough energy fighting. But now even the DH-2 does that.

Could it be, that the OBD devs had "misbalanced" some FM things on some fighters, to balance that a bit?

I tried it al possible ways, Lothar - none of them worked; no ace skins.

But for me it doesn't matter that much; I put JSGME where it was before, and use HPW's previous new versions.

Edited by Olham

Herr Prop-Wasche, I have now installed the JSGME in the main "OBD Software" folder, as Lothar suggested,

but I don't get any ace skins, even after leaving the flight, and then pressing "Fly same mission again" -

no ace skins.

Another observation I made: the turn fighters I met with my Albatros D.II are now even more advantaged.

They have already before always been able to curve in behind the Albs and slowly shoot them up;

cause the Albs don't do enough energy fighting. But now even the DH-2 does that.

Could it be, that the OBD devs had "misbalanced" some FM things on some fighters, to balance that a bit?

Not sure what you mean, Olham. Are you saying the Alb DII is now too weak against turn fighters? I thought you wanted it to be toned down a bit. :stars:

BTW, I should dispel the notion that I changed anything on the DH-2's. The DH-2's are one of the models that I didn't change in FM 2.2. If I did change it, I would most likely try to make it a little less fast, etc.

Ah, okay - I thought you had changed the DH-2.

They smoked all of my Albatros today, although it should rather be the other way round.

The Albatros D.II is okay for me - slightly toned down, and still a great fighter.

Yes, the DH-2 in OFF are definitely a force to be reckoned with--perhaps too good. If I have time, I might be able to look at toning them down a bit.