Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

F-105D Gunsight Mod for SF2V Thunderchiefs

Its a completely overhauled sight :ninja:

Proper shape.

Roll tabs.

Radar range bar.

Gyro function enabled.

Modified sight depression values for better bombing/rocketing.

Just a small enhancement... really.....

~

Well I better have it then :grin: Thanks Otto

Just a small enhancement... really.....

That sounds like a complete fixup mate, thank you and downloading now :good:

I've never flown a Thud campaign. You sir, might have changed that.

I don't know why TK doesn't bother to get stuff like this right.

Crusader really shouldn't need to release these kinds of mods...

But, since these mods do make the game a quite a bit more realistic, Crusader should put all his mods into a package much like the old Weapons Pack.

Then again, how hard is it to find and download all of his releases with the "See user's other files" button on the download page?

TK does his versions, .. I only enhance them a bit .. ;D

And much of the info required to make the mods I do isnt readily available.

It took me years to gain all the info I use.

As for a big pack.. maybe one day but not now, too many things to fix and update ..

Just realized that I forgot a important AIData section in all Harrier data inis

of my latest mods.. AI cant hit anything with A2A gunnery :ninja:

I fly again the TK F-105D thanks to you...

Very good stuff Crusader! :good:

Coupi. :bye:

But US information is generally available.

I have few references on the F-105 (though the pilot manual is a really good one if you are only going to have a few), but I was aware that TK's sight was lacking. In particular, I knew for sure it was a full blown LCOS like the F-4, though the pilots complained that it was too hard to switch between ground attack and air-to-air sight modes and usually ended up leaving it in a fixed reticle mode since they were usually enroute to a ground target when bounced.

I am glad you have nothing better to do than fix these things, but it would be even better if you could get TK to incorporate them into the stock game to avoid the ini conflict problems that arise with new patches/installs.

I usually end up making ini edits gradually as I want/need them after each major patch/install release and lose them all to the next release before I get more than a few of them installed.

I usually don't just copy/paste, but prefer to extract the originals and merge the changes into the latest ini files to avoid breaking new stuff.

That approach is much too time consuming, so I end up hardly using any mods at all.

What I should do is create a tool that identifies the mod files in a folder, extracts the stock files, and automatically merges the listed mod changes into the stock files, then place them in the appropriate folders.

For that to work, the mod files would have to contain only the changes, but it would be a powerful way to manage ini mods after major patches/new installs.

However, I can still think of situations where TK's changes would break such a tool, so I don't know if it would really be worth the effort.

Streakeagle, it's called JSGME-Jones Soft Generic Mod Enabler, and it works, perfectly, for what you're talking about. I've patched, updated, etc. and zero problems. Disable all mods (touch of a button), patch, and re-enable your mods. No problem.

I am not talking about a tool that moves files in and out of folders.

It needs to read a list of changes and apply them to stock files.

1. Determine stock files to be changed.

2. Extract them.

3. Read and apply change list to stock files such as adding and removing lines of ini files.

4. Place final files in correct folders.

Can JSGME do that for SF2?

The term "Generic" tells me it probably can't extract files from SF2 cat files.

With the way SF2 already works, I can keep mods in folders on the side, paste them into the user folders with a single copy/paste command or revert back to stock by deleting the entire folder in question and allowing the sim to rebuild it from scratch the next time the game starts.