Apu-60-1

View File

APU-60-1 launch rail

this a model of the Apu-60 single missile rail

it was use on sereval MiGs and outher Soviet aircraft.

it set to use has a 2IR launcher but only carries one missile

better weapondata.ini his needed

model and skin by

Cocas

I'm sorry but it does not work. And you gave an INI file that does not match... I renamed it, but still no matter what, the launch rail does not appear... (

did you add it to the loadout ini??? MERs, TERs, and rails must be listed in the aircraft loadout ini

example: Indian Type 96 Fishbed:

[AirToAir]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AA-8

Loadout[01].Quantity=2

Loadout[01].RackType=APU-62L

Loadout[02].WeaponType=AA-8

Loadout[02].Quantity=2

Loadout[02].RackType=APU-62R

Loadout[03].WeaponType=AA-2D

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=AA-2D

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=Tank490_MiG21

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

and, in the aircraft's data ini, "2IR" must be listed on that station, and the maximum weight allowed adjusted for the mass of the 2 missiles and the rail

[LeftOuterWingStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-2.68,-1.49,-0.42

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=500.0

LengthLimit=3.5

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RCKT,RP,IRM,FT,2IR

AttachmentType=WP,SOVIET,INDIA

ModelNodeName=WingPylon_Outer_L

PylonMass=60

PylondragArea=0.02

LaunchRailNodeName=MissileRail_Outer_L

LaunchRailHeight=0.10

LaunchRailMass=25

FuelTankName=Tank490_MiG21

Of course I added... but the INI file supplied is APU-62R1.ini not APU-60-1 ini. the contents are different, the position coordinates are wrong.

I added this to loadout ini, renamed the ini accordingly... does not work. the rack is configured to be a single launch rail, with the capacity of 1, i figured out that in this case the program does not use any rail... if I add 2 missiles on it with a capacity of 2, only then it appears, but (as I wrote) the positions are bad anyway.

So ... is there anyway to use this - otherwise good - 3D object as single launch rail for AA-8 missiles?

Edited by Snailman

Yes, there are ways (not just one):

- fake pilot/seat method;

- fake fuel tank method.

Here is the proof:

MiG 21bis

Edited by Svetlin

Damn thats just what I need!! ))))) Can you explain these methods? Cocas' rail is excellent but in that way is unusable (

Thanks...! Well, whatever I tried it only appears when there are more than 1 missiles loaded on it... positions were a bit tricky, but I could fix it. The other missile is always loaded on the pylon no matter what...

I tried the fakepilot, it is working, with some work, but as i seen it is a permanent part of the model then. All payload will be placed on it. even it the game engine removes the pylon because there is no payload selected...

I tried if it were a rocket pod with one shot, but that does not work with AA missiles(((

What I want to achieve is to use this rail only with the AA-8... it should be working like a rack, even if loaded with 1 missile. But it does not((

I wonder how it works on the MiG-23 or MiG-27, as I have seen their loadout ini contains rack loaded with 1 missile...

Snailman, my computer was over-stressed by my SF2 installs "to its death", so I have no computer till some time next week.

If you could wait till then, I will give you the settings for the MiG-21bis from the picture in my earlier post.

Mind you, these work good only for aircraft with few station groups, i.e. less than 6 StationGroupID for weapons.

Many thanks Cocas!!!

Thanks a whole lot, and to Cocas too. Its just the rail I need. Apparently the plane LOD misses the missile rail part of the mesh completely, so it does not use the node names at all( Best would be to use this rack inside the plane LOD... since its a stock one, its impossible though(((

Meanwhile I also crashed my game somehow, it lost its textrures from ships an some ground units. I had to make a new set of "fake SP2 NA" exe, ini and addon dir. Maybe some inis got wrong... still dont know what happened. Now I'm making some plans for cockpit. the plane has only 4 stations, basically the same like the Mig-21

Snailman, my computer was over-stressed by my SF2 installs "to its death", so I have no computer till some time next week.

If you could wait till then, I will give you the settings for the MiG-21bis from the picture in my earlier post.

Mind you, these work good only for aircraft with few station groups, i.e. less than 6 StationGroupID for weapons.

Edited by Snailman