Slartibartfast

Okay were is everybody ?

I'm mostly passed out drunk under yonder table... The move of the "official" forum banner from this penthouse to that DOS-era relic called Sim HQ is a blow I fear the community will never recover from. :blackeye:

So, when I have something to say, I say it here. But usually being drunk under yonder table, I don't have much to say.

Let me know which table it is and I might take the table next door and less said about the other place the better... now how about a Jagerbomb or a bottle of schnapps over there old chap ???

so... is everybody supposed to be chatting it up at the Sim HQ forums now?

any news on the release of Phase 4?

it looks nice, but I was hoping for more French two-seaters... are they going to add the Nieuport 12, at least?

Not much "chatting it up" recently, Waldemar.

I guess everybody is a bit like in a kind of vigilant coma, and only the release of WOFF,

or atl least the first "Preview Movies" will wake them all up again.

Which must make it much harder for Pol, Winder & Co, as they would rather be fuelled

by some more interaction here, I guess.

Well, he said "iech bin ain Bärliener" - but we understood him very well.

Isn't it a small sausage? :blink:

Nope.

But we have a food called "Berliner" - the German doughnuts, which are called "Berliner"

everywhere in Germany - except for Berlin, where they call them "Pfannkuchen" (pancake);

which is something completely different again for the rest of all Germans.

The best ones are in my homeland Ostfriesland, when there is a Thanksgiving or Christmas fair.

All my people in my hometown know, which of the waggons is baking the best and most delicious "Berliner":

"Hinrichs, Buttforde"!

You must buy them freshly baked, and warm they are simply the best.

Forget "Dunkin' Donuts" - come to Ostfriesland!

If I ever get over there, I'll surely take you up on that. And if you ever get over here, we'll go to Mac's Donuts. My mother worked there when I was a kid, and it's still a "Mom and Pop" family owned store - simply the best donuts anywhere. Some local businessman recently put on a Dunkin' Donuts franchise just down the street from them and I simply refuse to darken his doorway - it's almost sacrilege, he should have known better!

Doughnuts look VERY nice!

Germans are strange with the names of food - while there I must have eaten lots of "Halbe Hanchen mit pommes frites" but I was warned not to order this in Köln as you get a cheese sandwich :blink:

Cologne is funny in some ways (well, it was once or twice occupied by the French...).

They drink "Kölsch" as their favourite beer.

They only serve it in those small "Kölsch" glasses - not much more than a cup.

You cannot order a large one - it must be served in these glasses.

But: you can order 1 metre of "Kölsch"!

Then they serve a one metre long, narrow tray with 11 glasses of "Kölsch"!

And indeed - if you order "halve hahn", you get a cheese-filled roll.

Not only you - every other German but a Colognian would expect a grilled half chicken.

Nope.

But we have a food called "Berliner" - the German doughnuts, which are called "Berliner"

everywhere in Germany - except for Berlin, where they call them "Pfannkuchen" (pancake);

which is something completely different again for the rest of all Germans.

In Canada we have a saying" If you ever need a police man (cop) in a hurry just go to the nearest 'Tim Hortons' (very popular Donut and coffee shop), but after looking at your photo, Please don't let the word get around. Berlin is too far away for our police to respond when we need them!!! :grin:

I'd like to second that, rjw!