Stephen1918

Field Guns for First Eagles

Hangers look great to, the pilot & gunner do look great Quack was right, they would be very welcome indeed :biggrin:

The rear gunner was used on Latons' Halberstadt CL.IV and his Hannover CL.II and CL.III. Very nice gunner models indeed.

The rear gunner was used on Latons' Halberstadt CL.IV and his Hannover CL.II and CL.III. Very nice gunner models indeed.

Thanks - will keep looking for old pilot models, then narrow them so they will fit in all cockpits. On subject of old gunner models, did they fit within cockpit when gun traversed? I can't remember. If not, I can experiment with the lower torsos so they do not protrude outside of aircraft when gun is elevated or traversed to the side. New Storm Over Sahara models below:

Edited by Geezer

Below are two more shots of Italian gunners for Storm Over The Sahara.

just a sugestion, some of the aircraft out (bristol Scout) have issues with the pilots feet sticking out the bottom. Maybe a pilot the legs at a different angle or length would help....time permiting of course.

just a sugestion, some of the aircraft out (bristol Scout) have issues with the pilots feet sticking out the bottom. Maybe a pilot the legs at a different angle or length would help....time permiting of course.

Good suggestion. When I find and modify the WW1 pilots, I will also shorten their legs.

Extually there are a few aircraft with this problem. Good call Whiteknight06604. These would be able to fix that if Geezer were to make them a bit shorter and a little narrower.

Thanks Geezer. Would be a much welcome fix for the pilot problems.

Well, I finally found the 3D model for the WW1 pilot, but not the maps or textures. As long as I have to re-map and re-texture, I thought I'd use the opportunity to make two new pilots - one for summer and one for winter. Both are significantly narrower than the first pilot, and both have shortened legs to prevent the pilots' feet from sticking out the bottom of the aircraft.

Are you going to make an Allied and German version too (i.e. one brown and one black) ???

Are you going to make an Allied and German version too (i.e. one brown and one black) ???

Yes - I'll make a brown version, then desaturate a copy to make a black version for both types of pilot.