After putting together a couple of campaigns on the Formosa and Black Sea terrains, I finally feel comfortable putting together the node paths and getting this project going. It will be my first campaign file built from scratch.

I must ask, is anyone else currently working on one? I do not want to step on any toes or steal any thunder.

And if not, do yall think a 1965 Indo-Pakistani War , or a 1971 (Western Front only) campaign would be preferable first?

Edited by arthur666

Thak you to work on this.

I would do it chronogically (starting with 1965)

Hello,

1965 Indo-pakistani war!

Good project,

Coupi.

Both :biggrin:

I have something more in my bag to upload for this scenario starting from dedicated IAF transport An-12, C-119, C-47 ...

What we lack more is a good MARUT.

A-TEAM has one but it's not so good, Daniel started works on it .... but never finished.

• Like 1

I have updated T-6 Texan Skins for both sides.

Wrench released them (my skins) unfinished.

So if there is interest, let me know

i still have the marut files i check but it was completly f***ed and it going to major rebluid i whitout making any promisses see watt i can do in the long term.

Thanks for the offers yall! Any accounts of the T-6 being used in the 1965 conflict? I would slip a squadron in for Armed Recon fun.

Things are moving along. Finished the nodes and ground units. Trying to keep it semi-historical (neither country is gonna get totally steamrolled). Most of the action will take place up north, but I do have a separate node "web" in the south for a little border action (not sure if anything will happen there, might try the "LocalObjective" command?)

Now I need to place the squadrons, then test, tweak, repeat; test, tweak, repeat... :grin:

For 1965 we've got:

On one side,

- F-86F (PAF)

- F-104A

- B-57

On the other,

- MiG-21FL

- Hunter56?

- other Hunters?

- Vampire FB52

- Folland Gnat

- Canberra58 (IAF)

Also, if anyone knows which Hunters the IAF would have been flying in the 1965 conflict, let me know. I read that they purchased ex-RAF planes, so I'm working on an assumption of assorted Hunters, F2 thru F6. And did they have the FGA56 during this time?

Edited by arthur666

Thanks for that link jeaba! I love the Mystere. I'll gladly add that to the mix. F-86F vs Mystere IV... very interesting...

Damn you, Wikipedia, you ubiquitous and incomplete source!

• Like 1

Finishing touches, need to play thru one more time to be sure, expect it out by the weekend.

Thanks for that link jeaba! I love the Mystere. I'll gladly add that to the mix. F-86F vs Mystere IV... very interesting...

Damn you, Wikipedia, you ubiquitous and incomplete source!

Unfortunatly, it takes more time to check wikipedia than to perform researches on your own

I'd like to do the 1971 Indo-Pak Air War using the same terrain, only thing is I don't know the orbats of both sides' air arms!

start from 65 and move forward later, that's most logical way (you can later reuse lots of skins etc)

I'd like to do the 1971 Indo-Pak Air War using the same terrain, only thing is I don't know the orbats of both sides' air arms!

Awesome.  Please use my ini as much as you want.  I haven't had time to do much.  New job, 2nd kid, RL is kicking my arse (but in a good way :D ).

I feel like most of the action in 1971 took place over East India/ Bangladesh, or do I have that backwards?  But it would still be fun to fly Pakistani Mirages over the great terrain we have.  Would also be a good use of the DLC F-104A Jordanian AF skin.

Edited by arthur666

Awesome.  Please use my ini as much as you want.  I haven't had time to do much.  New job, 2nd kid, RL is kicking my arse (but in a good way :D ).

I feel like most of the action in 1971 took place over East India/ Bangladesh, or do I have that backwards?  But it would still be fun to fly Pakistani Mirages over the great terrain we have.  Would also be a good use of the DLC F-104A Jordanian AF skin.

Air war also took place over the Pakistan / India frontier.

The Pakistanese plan was to lainch an offensive in order to diverte as many troops and planes as possible from the Bangladesh front.

It failed as the Indian army, and Air Force were now on par with the Pakistanese Forces.

Lots of info here :

http://www.acig.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1570

On the Easten front, there was a lone PAF Canadair Sabre Mk.6 Squadron with a squadron of T-33/RT-33.

Most of the air war took place over the  western front -  the terrain which we have for SF2.. 

On the Easten front, there was a lone PAF Canadair Sabre Mk.6 Squadron with a squadron of T-33/RT-33.

Most of the air war took place over the  western front -  the terrain which we have for SF2.. 

I'm glad i had it backwards. :good:

Ultimately, it would be great to have the 1971 and 1999 Kargil Wars using the Indo-Pak Terrain, along with INS Vikrant and Viraat!