btw Im not sure but I think K version didnt have the upper/lex air intakes system and generally lexes were somehow 'flattened' than regular 29s .

I am not 100% sure (need to test in game), but probably by removing the respective animation entries, the upper air intakes can be made to stay closed all the time.

Then by removing the respective panel lines, it may be possible to achieve a full "no-upper-intakes" effect.

The main intake covers are a different story though. If we try to remove them with ini edit, we may end up with an awkward reslut.

Hope you guys dont mind if I use this discussion for the same problem. If yes pls tell me and I will open a new one.

here is the result im getting so far

check to see if the polys need flipping...are they reversed ?

btw Im not sure but I think K version didnt have the upper/lex air intakes system and generally lexes were somehow 'flattened' than regular 29s .

im in process of removing them

Edited by russouk2004

select fuselage...then select all meshes..if they dark red ...flip all if they are normal then it needs u to unwrap the fuselage to a texture one colour jpeg to test

if probs send me max file

Edited by russouk2004

I have to admit, I was never able to solve this problem with the Super Hornet. I finally had to build a flat plate inside the body to give it a shadow.

FC

That was also my idea to build a dummy inside the plane, I will investigate it further.

@ Fubar, in "Maya" you have a option you can select to see the direction of the polys. Its a line that indicate it straight from the poly surface. So far, all polys have the right direction.

Is there a "limitation" of linked parts to the fuselage that could cause it? Or is it the polycount, but have seen planes with just larger poly count than this bodypart?!

I guess only one guy knows how the exporter works and how the model is then handled by the game... :biggrin:

From my observation i can say, this problem with shadows depends on two things, polycount and the geometry itself. So one mesh with 5k polygons produce a shadow, while another one with more difficult geometry with only 1k doesn´t.

What´s your polycount on this?

So if you cut the object in different peaces you will end up wih less polys per mesh and a less complex geometrie. Volker was absolutly right. But how to do that to smooth Flanker body in peaces.

Nose

Engines

Airbrake

Will do and recheck it. Thanks for the advice

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Ok I have solved it, first I have cut the Nose as a new part, the engines will be next, cause from behind the shadow is still missing from a narrow view. And I have found some parts with to many polys. No idea how that could happen. reduced the overall polycount and created new Fuselage parts!

And the shadow works!

Have to work on it properly to get the shadow working from all angles! Next thing will be the Wing weaponstation and the currently floating weapons. similar to the prob Russo encountered with the K.

I think those are good news for all who was waiting for this bird!

As to the moving pylons...if you make 100% sure the meshes are exact size in max,and pivots aligned properly,you wont get any probs...I tried wingfolf on a new model and it worked1st time properly...

@russouk2004: the mig29k does not have the funktion to close the jetintakes. they have a a internal guard mesh.

do you have plans for a interim cockpit to be used with your interim mig-29k?

you also have to ajust the empty weight and the fuel capacity. and the engine parameters

EDIT: sry for double post.

Edited by dast24

A

do you have plans for a interim cockpit to be used with your interim mig-29k?

you also have to ajust the empty weight and the fuel capacity. and the engine parameters

EDIT: sry for double post.

This is all being worked on. And you unforgivably fogot to mention the inertia values. And the wing area/span/folded span/chord/CLa/CL0 and assorted tables and mass fractions and engine thrust and altitude tables and thrust-specific fuel consumption (both static and at Mach 1, both dry and wet) and the mass locations (see mass fractions) and the repositioning and recalculation of the lift and drag tables, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc (ad infinitum) :biggrin:

AND

There are two generations of the 29K, early and late (though the early was a prototype), meaning that a new cockpit is only needed for the later version (with the RD-33MK powerplants, etc, etc, etc, etc)

Edited by Fubar512

regarding cockpit:

there are infact more than 2 gens.

the "K" is a version from the Mig29M in prototyp state the shared the same cockpit layout 2 monochrom CRT display´s

like that one but not exactly: http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/mig29m1.jpg

than the 2nd Gen:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q35/flex297/MiG-29M2front.jpg something like this one, but not exactly

an 3rd(the indian versions:

http://www.naval.com.br/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/mig-29k-simulator1.jpg exactly like this one :-D

got the books von Yefim Gordon ;-)

i have a "whatif" Paran Mig29 for personal use. with modified cockpit. i used the "old" mig29A cockpit and added the hud and radar symbology from the european vipers and transfered it to the metric system the EESG is also included, but no ILS. but maybe it is an idea for your interim mig-29k :-)

if you want i can try to get it working on your "K"

At any rate, yes we need a proper cockpit to represent the K-model (and other varients). I will contact Adrian (who built the original '29A pit) and see if he is interested.

At the moment, we are carrier-qualifying the model on the Ulyanovsk and (Marcelo's) Kuznetsov :cool:

can you send me the beta version of the "K" to have a look over it?

had done the upgrade an conversionpacks for the old ones here at CA.

mig-29 is for me something i really love like some guys loving the tomcat :-)

• Like 1

doublepost again but with screens from the "modified" cockpit what i was suggesting, many borrowed work, but i didn´t released it was only for personal use.:

img000038bkol.jpg

img000124bk8i.jpg

img000050zjk5.jpg

Edited by dast24
  • Like 2

russouk2004@ could you send MiG-29 K beta too?

If we talking about mods for personal use:

Edited by czarny900

@czarny900

also really nice :-D

want one :-D

one suggesten for your personal use:

add a additional weapons station under one of the engines and add the targetpod there (like on the Mig-35)

Edited by dast24