Stephen1918

New versions of the SPAD A2, Vickers Gunbus, and Voisin LAS

Today I started uploaded new versions of the SPAD A2, Vickers FB5, and the Voisin LAS 2 Pac. Ojcar has created new FMs which make the AI planes more aggressive in fighting.

In all these planes, there is a gunner in front, but the pilot is unarmed. The AI pilot just flies his mission and leaves attack up to the AI gunner. Ojcar has added a dummy machine gun, which doesn't show and doesn't do any damage, but now the AI pilot thinks he's armed and tries harder to pursue enemy planes.

I have also taken the opportunity to tweak some of the sounds, skins, etc. for these planes.

The new versions are in the same place as the original uploads - The SPAD is in the Downloads/Aircraft/SPAD section - the others are in the Other Entente Aircraft section.

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 1

Great stuff you guys. This sim is just never ending. I love it!

Thank you Stephen for the crates and to Ojcar for improving the FM and adding dummy machine guns for increased aggression, that's really clever.

Edited by Grinseed

Got them, thanks Stephen for these and the 'nieu Nieuports' released earlier!

Edited by 33LIMA
  • Like 1

I like getting updated and improved aircraft almost as much as I like getting new ones.

Stephen, I hope I'm not asking to much but I was wondering if you gave any thought to making a 2 seat Nieuport 10? basicaly you would just remove the gun and add another seated pilot fig. And mod the center top wing section. I did a quik and dirty one with ini edits but it would be cool to have a "gunner" figure in the observer's seat mayby holding a pistol or rifle....anyway thanks again for these updates.

...Stephen, I hope I'm not asking too much but I was wondering if you gave any thought to making a 2 seat Nieuport 10? ...

I always thought of the 12 as being a 2 seat version of the 10. Still, a lightly armed version, with a rifle for the observer, would be fun to have. I'll add it to my list...

the 12 was slightly different,I think the wing size was a tiny bit different and the 12's had more power in some models. the 10 was a 2 seater to start it basiclay looked like your 12 when the gun mount is removed and the top wing had sometimes none and sometimes a circular opening for a front seat gunner to stand and fire(scary crap) some versions the pilot was in front also.if/when you do fine the time and inclination I can send you some refference material.lol if you really want to make life difficult for yourself I think Beardmore in England made a version with a different rudder and tail and a different engine.This is what I love and get so frustrated about with WW1 aircraft so many types and so many versions of each type.

Edited by whiteknight06604

OK, it sounds challenging. I went back and looked at my reference materials and I remember the Nieuports with the circular opening in the top wing.

Unfortunately, the real world is getting more demanding so I probably won't be able to tackle a new plane for a while. I have some things in progress and I'll try to finish them first.

no worries at all, I know how fast free time can vanish.please always take my sugestions as just that and not as full blown requests.