Sign in to follow this  
Phasers

F-23A Black Widow Canopy Fix

In every case where I install this awesome jet the canopy stays open during flight when viewed from the external cameras. I went in my F-23A located in my case here, C:\Program Files (x86)\Wings Over Europe\Objects\Aircraft\F-23A. I opened the F-23A DATA.ini file with notepad and located the Canopy settings. I don't write software or anything like that but I noticed both the Deploy and Retract values were the same set at 10.0. I changed the RetractValue to 11.0. It worked. If you have the same problem try this fix.

parachute3.gif

[Canopy]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED

Setting[1].Angle=45.0

Setting[1].DeployValue=10.0

Setting[1].RetractValue=11.0

MaxDeflection=45.0

MinDeflection=0.0

ControlRate=1.0

ModelNodeName=Canopy_Frame

AnimationID=8

• Like 1

even better...

replace the canopy statement with this:

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_10

DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

AnimationTime=2.60

AnimationID=8

use Shift/0 to open and close

• Like 1

"even better replace the canopy statement with this" Why do you think your way is any better than the one I posted...eh?..boxing3.gif Both ways are equally as good I would say.football7.gif

simply put..

because it does

Wrench's way is preferable because:

1. It closely mimics actual procedures (canopy position not related to speed but is manually closed and opened).

2. If you get in a slow speed situation in the aircraft while airborne, your canopy won't open with the manual method. The speed method will result in the canopy opening.

FC

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By KJakker
        Here are all the list of all of the changes made in each update from the Bugs, Fixed and Requested Features List thread by Killerfish Games linked below. I included the most resent Version 1.09b Beta from 12 Dec 2017 at the end of this list.
      Bugs, Fixed and Requested Features List

• By KJakker

View File SF2:NA US Stock Ships Data File Mod/Update
      This is a US counterpart my previously uploaded Soviet ship updates.

This pack has updated data files for the stock Third Wire SF2:NA United States Navy surface combatants and amphibious ships.

/------------------------------------------------------------------

The changes are primarily centered around adjustments to the Elevation and Train of the guns with regard to both the Maximum and Minimum position and rate of movement.

A number of other adjustments have also been made related to gunners and guns.

The "Alt1" variant of the data files uses stock guns.

The "Alt2" version is set to use alternate guns which should improve the effectiveness of the guns in the AA and CIWS role.

The alternate Guns have been included.

This file has been tested in SF2:NA.

1.1 includes some minor adjustments that I missed including in the original release.
      Submitter KJakker Submitted 01/29/2014 Category Other  
    • By KJakker
      This is a US counterpart my previously uploaded Soviet ship updates.

This pack has updated data files for the stock Third Wire SF2:NA United States Navy surface combatants and amphibious ships.

The changes are primarily centered around adjustments to the Elevation and Train of the guns with regard to both the Maximum and Minimum position and rate of movement.

A number of other adjustments have also been made related to gunners and guns.

The "Alt1" variant of the data files uses stock guns.

The "Alt2" version is set to use alternate guns which should improve the effectiveness of the guns in the AA and CIWS role.

The alternate Guns have been included.

This file has been tested in SF2:NA.

1.1 includes some minor adjustments that I missed including in the original release.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..