Sign in to follow this  
Shiloh

Holy Brisfit!

Ugggg, I got the old warty nurse. Got healed up real fast though!

Medicine has to be bitter - Mmuahahahahahaaa!!!!

Ah yes, Nurse Cratchett. She's no fun at all but her looks do motivate you to recover quickly. The Brisfit is a phenominal bus and one I love to fly and fight in, and equally hate to go up against. For those who may not have seen it, here is a vid I did sometime back in my OFF/MAW set-up: a Brisfit and two Albs having a dance above the deserts of Egypt:

Man, it was hot that day.

Nice vid Lou!

I hadn't seen that one!

Cheers!

Glad you enjoyed it Robert. On a slightly unrelated note: How's the OFF Camel working for you? I'll bet you have her subtleties and nuances sorted out by now and have become quite the terror with her.

Glad you enjoyed it Robert. On a slightly unrelated note: How's the OFF Camel working for you? I'll bet you have her subtleties and nuances sorted out by now and have become quite the terror with her.

Ah, Yes and No!! I can manage most all of her quirks "If I pay attention when she speaks"!! Sometimes the pressures of combat situations get the better of me and I push her that "little bit too far" and she slaps me for it. I smarten up but pay the price of loosing control for a few seconds while I struggle to regain it. She's a nice lady when you treat her right but just don't push her too far! Gosh, it sounds like a marriage doesn't it?? :biggrin:

The most difficult thing for me is recovering from a tail down spin after a vertical stall. Sometimes I can manage it, sometimes not. I therefore make much effort to kick over when I feel the stall is inevitable so I'm nose down and that is no problem to recover for me. Of course the key is to not get to the apex of a stall in the first place right?

Thanks for asking Lou.

That tail down spin is a killer, followed closely by the true flat spin. As you've noted the best practice is to not get into either in the first place, because once there it works out to about 10% skill and 90% grace-of-God-Almighty as to whether or not you pull out of it. But then, what are the fates there for if not to tempt.

Stalls are a XxxxxZzz!!!!!

I remember back in my early IL2 days flying the P-39 with my online squad and practicing inverted flatspin recovery. Finally became competent to recover abot 90% of the time. Altitude is a big factor though and dogfights always seem to wind up near the mud.

The video doesn't want to load for me....damm slow internet

That's too bad MW, it's a fun little vid to watch, even if I do say so myself. And I do. :smile:

Louvert, it finally loaded and I was able to see about 1/4 of it before my connection crapped out. I'll try again sometime.

Where did the Egypt mod come from?

MudWasp, make sure you watch it directly from YouTube.

Just click on the YouTube logo below the video frame, pause it and close the forum.

Maybe that will give you better resources.

My pleasure, MW!

As for the Palestine mod, I think Lou built it himself; maybe you would find it among

Lou's stuff in "Downloads".