dsawan

Missing exterior parts of planes or lods

Guys need help here. The strom and sora are giving me problems. i have a modded install without NA and all 5 merged. i get mssing parts of the planes like the exterior or lods. i dwlded and reinstalled the planes and not missing anything. i tried the default A-4B and the F-18 to test and do not have this problem. Just those two. Any ideas?

post-2035-0-28937200-1369804910_thumb.jpg

post-2035-0-24860900-1369804936_thumb.jpg

1) first and foremost, you cannot have a full 5 merged install withOUT SF2NA. it's the #5 game

2) what OS? it's possible, if not on win7, that these "late model" lods can't generate the full aircrft (doubtfull though)

3) i'd say running out of texture memory, but if all others work, that's out

i notice shadows are not turned on in you're screenies.

the other, how many decals are on those meshes? it's possible the 4 max has been exceeded; causing the mesh to vanish

Edited by Wrench

i never got that issue on my install nor did Spinners in the Sora´s case

game his loading the higher poly mesh fuselage in the strom´s case and intakes on the Sora´s case

should i cut the up in smaller meshes?

Is your PC a bit old and/or weak?

Is your PC a bit old and/or weak?

Oh man, that,s cold! :biggrin:

i thing it has nothing to do with the hardware , i remember that on some cases only weapons and tanks are vissible but the fuselage would not show but i dont remember what was the cause of it

we should make a list of all possible errors some body encounters so in cases like that we know how to fix it

• Like 1

Oh man, that,s cold! :biggrin:

It wasn't meant to be. We're problem solving here.

Just kidding, Spinners. It just sounded like the start of an ad. Only joking.

as far as i can see is the only part missing the fuselage section

so i would recomend to look at what Wrench already suggested , check if there are more than 4 decals are applied to the fuselage

and look if you have the texture for the fuselage in your skin folder and that the texture has the correct name

i have a geforce 210 1gb card kind of week but no issue

fuselage has 4 decal plus bumpmap

try this delete nationname entrys from the decals ini remunber then and test

i have shadow to set to medium

object to high and texture to unlimited

the his low or medium set

any one else having this problem?

4 decals plus bump could be to much , did you check the texture for the fuselage ??? i have that sometimes when a texture has a typo the weapon will not show up , could be the same

i dont think that it has something to do with your hardware , if so the surface of the ignored item would ratter look black i have that sometimes that the game starts and the complete terrain looks black but i have realy set everything to the max

aaahhhh..... check you entrys for the landing gear ther are settings to hide the landing gear if retracted , on the swiss hunter we had that problem that the landing gear doors did disapear because of some typo there that could be the same here

i or Spinners dont have that issue if it was a typo we all wloud have have and texture his only one jpg

not necessarily , it happen on the swiss hunter after a patch update befor there was no problem , i´m not realy sure if it was a typo or something else in the gear entry but if there is a hide gear node entry i would remove it and check if the problem is still there

Hi, guys thx for feedback. was working a double shift so exhausted and could not respond quicker. let me reiterate. Wrench, I meant 5 if you include the sf2 patch 2 or the one with the mustang. os is vista 32-bit. again, this only started recently and with the terrain gibing me gray spots as well as I posted before. I tested the stock a-4b and the f-18 mod and no missing parts. I have the Jul12th patch or my install patched to latest except for this new may 13 one. My op darius and persian gulf and ww2 pacific work fine. As for the decals, I did not change anything. I simply added the files to the install. I have a geforce 8300 vid card but again this only started recently and have this card since '09. Shadows are turned off but i always ghad that setting like that.

Edited by dsawan

easier to simply rename the decals ini to Xdecals.ini, then test again

Try moving the aircraft to differnt mods folders and test again

also, are you still running the games NOT on the C drive? It may not affect anything ... but one never knows

--------------------------------------

expansion paks are NOT full games

lets reiterate..a full 5 merged install is...

SF2

SF2I

SF2E

SF2V

SF2NA

Hi, kevin. Thx for clarifying, i still have memories of when sf2exp2 came out. i run the main heailt modded install on my c drive while my various other installs on the external WD hard drives.

Edited by dsawan

Well, now i have new probs with these 2 models. I go to load them and the game runs but the loading screen stops at 40 percent and you can hear the game sounds in background but does not go past the loading screen. I just tried the CAC SABRES released a day or two ago and they run fine. Also, have the may 2013 patch installed.

Edited by dsawan