I started to repaint the skin of the F-11F mod. I increased the files to 1024 px and redid the panel likes. (never mind weather etc. still to do...) While testing i came across this fine darkish line between the nose and fuselage.

I thought I was missing some skin, but that line appears in the old skins as well.

Is this purely related to the model?

post-52590-0-91663000-1371761975_thumb.jpg

looks like the polys arent alligned properly. They has to have the same coordinates as the others to match perfectly, those were just positioned by MK1 Eyeball and not by coordinates

ok... well if any modeller wants to volunteer :-)

i'm only using the model as an exercise in making templates and weathering

but it's be nice if it could be corrected

the pilot positioning is also a bit off i think, he's too close to the seat...

The mesh can only be fixed in 3dsmax...move pilot with Y axis,(front to back),ie second set of numbers in the pilot position

looks like a material issue.

be advised, you'll probably run into decal bleeds, too. (all of pasko's aircraft have it to some level)

be aware, that all of Pasko's models are EXCEEDINGLY old, there's no access to MAX files, and that's that.

you should find a buttload of skins & ini mods in the D/Ls  that , iirc, ChampionVA56 did a few years ago.

there's no access to MAX files, and that's that.

The file's by Fleet Defender and yes we do have the Max file in the not-for-casual-folks section,

I were working, with the help of fellow Jules on the short-nosed aswell as early BuNos cockpit, it's still a long way though

NOW that's good news. Thought that one had been lost!

yeah i had to distort the insignia on the air intake as it gets warped a bit...

but i didn't use it as a decal, i just pasted it in the skin and distorted it a bit so that it compensates for the warping

it's still not 100%, but it's ok (kinda...)

well for now i just want to reskin it at a higher res and have some fun with weathering

but an updated f-11f  would be a nice addition of course :-)

so here's new skinning and weathering of the old model... i redid the panel lines since  they were a bit too thick in the original skin imo and made the bird a bit more dirty

it's be great to have an updated model of course, but for now...

post-52590-0-14712600-1371900685_thumb.jpg

post-52590-0-36998600-1371900728_thumb.jpg

post-52590-0-27009200-1371900748_thumb.jpg

• Like 2