The final addition to the pack before release is the Mirage F.1PC fitted by request of the Paranis with underwing sidewinder pylons like the Greek CGs, as we know Sidewinder pylons are also compatible with the AA-2 "Atoll" series. This plane was added to have a credible interceptor capable of BVR combat, though like other early Mirage F.1s it intially only mounts the ineffective R530 and lacks RWR.

img00309.JPG

• Like 2

Beautiful mate! Looking forward to this pack!!

R-530 aren't that bad.

In ten years of SF/SF2ing, I even scored one hit (yeah, only one...) with it. :biggrin:

I'm really interested in the Mig pack too.

Sorry about the delay guys, wanted to fix a few small issues before I uploaded then I got a bit sidetracked with the MiG-25 and F-5. I will try to upload it tomorrow, might be a few errors but nothing major.

• Like 1

Sweet!

Any chance for the dhimari planes and your campaign files? 

I uploaded the Dhimari Lightning 53 skin I did, the rest are by ValAstur and already avaliable. Both the F-5E and A-37B are both beta though, and not released yet, sorry. I will however release the first campaign file soon!

Outstanding work Centurion-1, appreciate your dedication to this series........BRAVO!

hey centurion^^ nice pack but could you nexttime alter the userlist.ini´s, please? :-D done it by myself now^^

Here is the 1975 Campaign I have tweaked. Reqs are my pack, ValAsturs Dhimar plane packs and Desert 4 + Mountain addon. BETA!

All right...

First of all, new planes are great. And the action is very, very intense. That's a great basis!

Some things:

- I can't select any force outside the merc'. 

- What should I do to make a red-side version? I'd love to fly floggers and Il-28 in a campaign.

I would like to help, but I just can't script a campaign... And found nothing in the knowledge base.

Ah well I guess you dont have the campaign customizer DLC? Easily worth the money, but if that is not an option you can reuse the data ini but change or copy and rename the basic ini (needs to be same name as folder of course) and change Service001=DHIMAR to PARAN, and there where the units are listed you make new entries, so Instead of DhimarUnitXXX you have ParanUnitXXX.

So the first unit would be instead of this:

[DhimarUnit001]
Squadron=77th Royal Guards Wing
ForceID=1
UnitID=1
StartDate=06/01/1975
DescFile=Campaign5Desc.txt
StartText=Campaign5Start.txt
AircraftType=Lightning53

you have this_

[ParanUnit001]
Squadron=Whatever
ForceID=2
UnitID=1
StartDate=06/01/1975
DescFile=Campaign5Desc.txt
StartText=Campaign5Start.txt
AircraftType=MiG-21MF_Paran

As for your other problem, I dont know what the problem is there. Try to add this statement to your nations.ini maybe (in the FLIGHT folder of your mod)

[Nation216]
Name=Dhimar
DisplayName=Royal Dhimari Air Force
Alignment=FRIENDLY
PilotNameList=NamesArabic.lst
RankList=RanksRAF.lst
CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst
Formation.Fighter=USFighter
Formation.Attack=USFighter
Formation.Bomber=USBomber
Formation.Transport=USBomber
Formation.Tank=USTank
Formation.MobileAD=USAD
PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL
GenderRatio=0
DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav
DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav
DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav
SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat
SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str

[Nation217]
Name=Paran
DisplayName=Parani Air Force
Alignment=ENEMY
PilotNameList=NamesArabic.lst
RankList=RanksRussian.lst
CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst
Formation.Fighter=SovietFighter
Formation.Attack=SovietFighter
Formation.Bomber=SovietBomber
Formation.Transport=SovietBomber
Formation.Tank=SovietTank
Formation.MobileAD=SovietAD
PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL
GenderRatio=0

Your fix works indeed, thanks.

I am now editing the .ini to make a red-side version. So far, it works, but for some reasons, Floggers and badgers do not bear Paran's roundel. Might have oversaw something.

By the way, are you ok with me uploading this here when it's finished?

Parani A6M Zeke - 1949

Rumors say, that these Zeke's were originally destined to the Wehrmacht operating in northern africa.

A massive weather event must have taken the freighter out of comission setting it adrift towards the coast of Paran allowing the recovery of the aircraft by the parani army.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Edited by ValAstur
  • Like 6

Good thread.  Rather resourceful thread as I plan a near future scenario where the Dhimaris get Gripens and the Paranis have MiG 29s plus a few surprises as well.  Except now, it will be most likely "peacekeeper" Gripens vs. aggressor Paranis that bully & teeter on becoming a genocidal threat to African security.

Basically call this a reboot of a personal campaign I did in Jane's Fighter Anthology and almost polished for public release where SAAF Gripens would intervene in South Sudan as part of peacekeeping.  Figure that'd be a good excuse to show what a modern, lightweight 4.5 gen fighter could do... and why eventually a Gripen C fleet would need backup from heavy hitters (e.g. late Block F-16s, Typhoons and attack helicopters) to hold the line.  Consider the Gripen a modern version of the F-5E Tiger II.. 

Plus dogfighting in the Gripen is like I don't know dogfighting in a Viper without two big bags of gas hanging off the wings.  You just want to get into a furball in a Gripen against a MiG-29... or a J-10... or a Su-27... or a JF-17.  Not so much pound ground targets - I don't think but am working to verify that the Gripen C cannot carry multiple air-to-ground weapons per hardpoint.