Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

@ Stephan1918 -- an odd request

I know you're SUPER busy with all the FE stuff you've got going, but I'd like to request a few 'tweeks' to one of your ships from the North Sea.

The British destroyer is REALLY close to the V & W classes, as used through WW2.

Would it be possible to animate the main gun turrets and the central AAA guns? And give them guns, of course. I assume this means a new lod, but the skins are perfect.

These are nearly perfect for us WW2 guys for use in Europe and the Med.

thanks for all your work!

I think I can do that.

I had a rough summer - things were happening with my family that needed my attention. Since then it's been hard getting back into the swing with First Eagles. I have several projects that I haven't really worked on since June. I think maybe some smaller projects will help me get back into the routine.

I'll see what I can do with the Destroyer.

Sorry to hear about your family issues Stephen. Hope it all will work out for the better. Take all the time you need. This stuff is just for fun.

my feelings exactly -- family comes FIRST!!

just for giggles, here's one heading out the Thames Estuary, past the Port of London (forgive the full data display, I was building the targets ini) The cargo ships in the background are also yours!

and Thank You!!

• Like 2

sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family Stephen.Thabnks again for all you have done for this sim.

Same here, Stephen, I didn't know you/yours were in trouble. As Wrench said, family comes first. This is only a hobby.

Stephan, I hope everything has worked out well for you and your family.  Your considerable contributions to the FE community have helped me when I have needed a temporary timeout from the slings and arrows of real life.  Thanks, and I wish you and your family the very best.

Thanks for your kind words, gentlemen.

The revised British Destroyer is being tested now. I'll upload it as soon as any necessary corrections are completed.

• Like 1

a reminder folks, it'll be for SF2 at the latest patch level, for the NA envorinment, for my WW2 mods

with many thanks to Stephan!!