on this site or any others? I will assume it is Gen1 if it is out there. TIA for any help.

Pitot tube is in the wrong spot on the D vs the B and the B has a stubbier, less round nose. Can't remember if there is anything else beyond that. Avionics differences but ini editing can take care of a lot of that. Same powerplant I think.

Edited by bcyc

Per wikipedia it carried the AN/APN-105 (the D had the AN/APN-131). In the absence of any idea what that means I'll just assume the D's radar was more better.

This is a Hobbymaster diecast model I have of a NJ ANG F-105B. Note the nose and the pitot tube location (by the way, if someone eventually makes this thing I strongly suggest putting this paint in the package - it's awesome!)

Yes, as you may see from my collection I'm into the National Guard birds, especially from the Northeast. That's a PA F-102, NY F-101, and MA F-106 alongside the Thud.

post-21759-0-98208200-1383328774.jpg

post-21759-0-45585800-1383328775_thumb.jpg

post-21759-0-98570100-1383328775.jpg

post-21759-0-45234500-1383328776.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like the B had an additional window, not sure when they got rid of the internal bomb-bay

http://www.the-blueprints.com/en/blueprints/modernplanes/republic/28340/view/republic_f-105_thunderchief/

Craig

The first four F-105Bs had those little transparencies - inherited from the RF-84F

The internal bay was still there - just with a non jettisonable fuel tank in it

The Thunderbirds flew the B

Edited by MigBuster

WOW this took of while i was offline!  the main thing that could be done to the stock D is remove the fairing on the tail and avionics tweeks. but as was said the nose is totally different. i'm workin on a decal pack for ANG Thuds, and the 119th TFS, 141st TFS (both New Jersey ANG) as well as the 466th TFS used the B, two of them going into 1981 before retiring them!  doin the decals for the D and the F, but B would have been nice too if it was avail.

bcyc,  might decal that for the D. that way its ready to go for the B if and when it comes.......

Edited by daddyairplanes

What do you think, just a "level 2" decal that covers the whole tail for 57-5776?

Yup. Got similar for the F-4N, from the age of hyper colorful tails. Just a matter of dancing the image around the tga, as the ini is fairly set. Wont be tommorow, but only three eras, 8 units and the main differnce in two of the eras is whether the ANG logo is circular or the modern one. Shouldnt be to hard at all to throw that in the mix, so long as i find a good set of images to work with....

On thing that's bugged me about the F-105 in the game is the lack of a lead computing gun site (and it had one).

The cockpit is completely different in the B too.

You can probably change that in the cockpit.ini - look at the F-4D cockpit ini for the lines

1: I'm lazy.

2: I did it once and the game keeps undoing my change.  That makes it tedious too.

3: If I think about it too long the instruments that work wrong start to bother me and that's more than ini changes and I don't know where to begin on fixing them.

If I think about it too long the instruments that work wrong start to bother me and that's more than ini changes and I don't know where to begin on fixing them.

Which ones?