Sign in to follow this  

did somebody make some high res skins (2048x2048) for the F-105 ???

it would be nice to have some

The only hi-res skins I recall are those made by easy kill.

He has (had?) is own dedicated website, but posted some of his work here.

I don't recall SF2 era releases, and I haven't tried to splice his SFP1 work into SF2.

http://combatace.com/files/file/3636-f-105d-high-res-sea-1-1-4/

The website is here: http://www.digitalstrike.eu/

I would say that he did for F-105s what Sundowner did for F-4s.

While I don't always agree with certain artistic choices of either one, they are both the best I know of for their respective aircraft specialty.

It would take some serious work to remap those old WoV skins to the SF2 F-105D  :sad:

TBH my "highres" temps are not really any kind of solution, they just ease repainting but they are not by any means something resembling Sundowners F-4 temps for example.

you can "cheat"  heres stock skins resized 200% and sharpened and dds normal maps too...tho dds may be better just sharpened not resized...

top 2 pics cheat hi res treatment same skin

lower 2 pics stock size..\ res

post-1981-0-65485400-1384974025_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-89476200-1384974057_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-28806800-1384974073_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-43834700-1384974100_thumb.jpg

Those shots do look pretty good... but it would be nice if there were more "Sundowners" doing that quality of work for every model ever released for SF2  :angel:

Of course, being primarily an F-4 Phanatic, I am lucky to have had Sundowner and Ravenclaw keeping me topped off with goodies in recent years.

But I have lots of SF2 flying time in all the century series birds, both stock and mods, as well as MiGs.

It would be nice to have every aircraft I fly, if not every aircraft available, to the same standards as the best mods.

• Like 1

Those shots do look pretty good... but it would be nice if there were more "Sundowners" doing that quality of work for every model ever released for SF2  :angel:

Of course, being primarily an F-4 Phanatic, I am lucky to have had Sundowner and Ravenclaw keeping me topped off with goodies in recent years.

But I have lots of SF2 flying time in all the century series birds, both stock and mods, as well as MiGs.

It would be nice to have every aircraft I fly, if not every aircraft available, to the same standards as the best mods.

i agree and i realy hope that one of the skin artist we have is starting to work on this , i would do it but i realy have no more time for it , i almost started to do it for the TW A-7 an other aircraft that would need some nice highres skins

I started doing some new templates for it about a year ago.....then got bored with it.I'll dig them out to see how far I got, maybe I can get them finished.

• Like 2

ooohhhh.... that would be realy great Ant :good:

Agree 100%!!