I've been away from SF2 for awhile and decided to start flying it again and have some questions.i've had SF2E and SF2i for awhile now and both are the 2009 versions.i've always run them on separate installs .i know this question may sound silly,but how do you merge them?it always sounded complicated to me so I never tried it,and if you merge them do you patch them first or wait till they are merged?i've looked in the knowledge base and general discussion and can't seem to find anything on how to merge 2 different SF2 titles.could someone please give me some instruction or point me to the right area where there are instructions on how to do a merged install?any help would be greatly appreciated.

the entire SF2 series is merged automatically by default, as ALL the game exes share ALL the common files (dlls, terrains, etc)

Install any of the SF2 series games and then install the rest of the series.

So unless I specify where to put it the installer will merge them automatically ?

While they can be merged as stated you may want to keep installs for distinct time periods. That way you avoid having anachronistic opponents spawn in quick missions. For example ,despite operational usage dates ,you may see Mig-17s spawn in a WW2 scenario.

That's good to know.

So do I patch before or after the merge or does it matter?

That's good to know.

So do I patch before or after the merge or does it matter?

nevermind  found the answer.thanks to all for their help and advice. :biggrin:

While they can be merged as stated you may want to keep installs for distinct time periods. That way you avoid having anachronistic opponents spawn in quick missions. For example ,despite operational usage dates ,you may see Mig-17s spawn in a WW2 scenario.

Do NOT confuse "game installs" with "Mods Folders" ... they are completely different things.

"Era Specific" Mods folders are created using copies of one of the game exes. There's several threads, both in the KB and the WW2 Forum on "How To"

I've just bought the merged pack for £80 but having so many troubles it was supposed to cut out us having to merge the files etc.

1 Apparently there is a bug that only generates one mod folder(North Atlantic) none of the others appeared and my Save games folder is on my G drive

2 Because of this I cannot do anything like change mapped buttons for joystick because there is no folders where the controls can be saved, strangely the North Atlantic works but that has a mod folder.

3 My age I am 71 have gamed all my life love the cold war aircraft the lightning what a plane and others, anyone help please

On 2/19/2024 at 10:31 PM, mysticbrave123 said:

I've just bought the merged pack for £80 but having so many troubles it was supposed to cut out us having to merge the files etc.

1 Apparently there is a bug that only generates one mod folder(North Atlantic) none of the others appeared and my Save games folder is on my G drive

2 Because of this I cannot do anything like change mapped buttons for joystick because there is no folders where the controls can be saved, strangely the North Atlantic works but that has a mod folder.

3 My age I am 71 have gamed all my life love the cold war aircraft the lightning what a plane and others, anyone help please

Sir, there is a valuable tutorial to do exactly that signed by our esteemed collegue MIGBUSTER in the knowledge base. Please take a look.

i remember the tutorial, but dont think it covers the everything pack (the game only being available in the each and every game  rather than all of the above option like now)

You just run each exe (SF2.exe, SF2V.exe, etc) to create the individual Mods Floders. The game will automatically merge itself Meaning: everything from one mods folder, example, SF2I, will have access to all the aircraft, ground objects and terrains from the other 4.

I've not installed the full pack,with all the DLCs, but I'm pretty sure they'll all show up in their various forms in each and every mods folder. (somebody please confirm this! --one day I may have to do a reinstall!!! LOL!)

**easy way to check, is after running the exes and creating the 5 mods folders, if for instance, you can fly the IsraelME map from the SF2E folder/exe)**

• Like 2