Sign in to follow this  
ludo.m54

Question about Canopyglass.tga

Hello guys,

Is it possible to paint something on the canopyglass.tga file ?

If yes, how can I do that ?

Thanks by advance for your help.

Ludo

Depends on how the canopy node was maped, you can put a decal on (some of) them, would have to test it to be sure / what aircraft?

That's for the Mirage F-1 project, I would like to add the white part in the circle.

I'm going to try to add it as a decal... who knows...

Thanks

Ludo

post-1822-0-69068900-1386438325_thumb.jpg

Edited by ludo.m54

You cant just add it to the tga ,you better off making new tga,but,the canopy needs be mapped flat or it will just come out askew.and part painted on the glass in proper area.

if u can get the model maker to map canopy ur ok..if not u need decal.

this is the hawk canopy tga which is mapped as you see.

post-1981-0-80580400-1386442573_thumb.jpg

decals don't work on glass anymore. don't remember when it got broke, but sometime in early SF2 release.. Had one on the rear window for the F6F-3, turning it into a -5, and one of the Indian Fishbeds used it on the real glass. Even my 'stand in' Birdcage Corsair (made from Wolf's -1A).

don't work no more

decals don't work on glass anymore. don't remember when it got broke, but sometime in early SF2 release.. Had one on the rear window for the F6F-3, turning it into a -5, and one of the Indian Fishbeds used it on the real glass. Even my 'stand in' Birdcage Corsair (made from Wolf's -1A).

don't work no more

It has nothing to do with the game itself, it is DirX 10. I had transparent parts attached to the fuselage to avoid decal bleed inside the intakes. Applying decals onto transparency do work on Dirx9 XP machines, but not anymore on Dirx10/11. The decals applied to a surface inherit the transparency percentage, so if the TGA is 50% alpha, the decal will be also 50% transparent.

You have to make a copy of Canopyglass.tga and enlarge it as that one I have is one pixel only... then you can have a map created. And inside 3Dsmax you have to set opacity, reflection, etc to fix shiny surface (many models have no such).

Thanks guys, I'm going to ask to our 3D master to take a look.