I've not seen or heard anything about 'The Black Baron' for ages!.... is he still around?...was he involved in WOFF?

Anyone know???

Last thing I heard was how he wanted to do his oldtimer, and to spend some more time with the family.

For me, OvS is involved in WOFF so much, that he started the whole thing with just some few friends.

And I am pretty sure that he has done and revamped many skins (Fokker D.VII?).

I think I even remember, that he liked listening to YES' "Tales of Topographic Oceans" during the job?

Or did I dream that part?

Edited by Olham

He is listed as part of the WOFF dev team as a skinner and historian so I imagine he is still about.  But as you gents say, we've not seen him here in ages.

OvS is mostly busy last 2 or so years working hard in his main jobs Fireman etc, so not much WOFF.

I am sure he will be along at some point to say hi.

For the record WM started the original phase 1 of OFF many moons ago originally with David "Davo" Payne and then I think Rob "Capt Winters" Stevenson, and Paul "Nod" Norris.  Then I joined a few months after the start.

I suggested to WM etc, if OvS could join us and help as I knew him and his work from "SWWISA" Red Baron modding group.  He has worked on mainly Fokker DVII skins and some Albs this time and squadron emblems.

I can't remember if Shredward also joined at that time but likely.

Edited by Polovski
  • Like 2

Many thanks for the update Pol, it is much appreciated Sir.  Say hello from us barmy fliers to any and all of these fine gents when you talk to them next.

Thanks Pol...Glad James is well and Happy :)

What a long, strange trip it's been...

:) will do,  a strange trip indeed what's left of the team: crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.b4aSfC0e_R.gif:crutch::blink::blowup:

Edited by Polovski

:) will do,  a strange trip indeed what's left of the team: crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.b4aSfC0e_R.gif:crutch::blink::blowup:

LOL. Which one are you?

MPD, eh Pol?  I hear that.  

No you don't!  You have no clue what he's on about.

Yes I do, who asked you to butt in?

Would you both just shut up!

MPD, eh Pol?  I hear that.  

No you don't!  You have no clue what he's on about.

Yes I do, who asked you to butt in?

Would you both just shut up!

Sounds like we should draft the lot of them as Honorary Members is the BOC? Whadda'ya think Lou?

Or charge Lou for three more memberships.

Or include all of them when you're buying rounds.

I think Lou would take option "B"!

It reminds me of the joke about the Irishman who would come 'round the pub every day and order three pints of Guiness.  The barkeep wondered about this, and finally got to know him well enough to ask about it.  The man stated he had brothers in America and Europe, and so every day the three of them would buy a round and reminisce about their youth together on the fair isle.  This went on a while, until one day the man came in and ordered only two pints.  The barman, nonplussed, didn't say anything at first, but finally screwed up his courage and told him he was sorry about his loss.  To which the Irishman replied " Oh, no, no, it's nuttin' like that!  It's me, I've given up drinkin'!"

/Irishman

//Likes Guiness

///ducks and runs away...

I sure hope OvS is well & happy...

Edited by HumanDrone

OvS is mostly busy last 2 or so years working hard in his main jobs Fireman etc, so not much WOFF.

I am sure he will be along at some point to say hi.

For the record WM started the original phase 1 of OFF many moons ago originally with David "Davo" Payne and then I think Rob "Capt Winters" Stevenson, and Paul "Nod" Norris.  Then I joined a few months after the start.

I suggested to WM etc, if OvS could join us and help as I knew him and his work from "SWWISA" Red Baron modding group.  He has worked on mainly Fokker DVII skins and some Albs this time and squadron emblems.

I can't remember if Shredward also joined at that time but likely.

Thanks 4 the hitory lesson I always was curiou how it all came to be. I*m sure there is much more u could tell.