UK_Widowmaker

Can't get over how good SweetFX is!

Off was Great.. WOFF is Fabulous..But WOFF with SweetFX...and the new DX9 mod...is amazing!

I Agree Mate...ive posted 2 screenshots in the WOFF screenshots thread above...bloody great Mods  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Even ROF can no longer compete at any level (except Multiplayer)

• Like 1

Looking good alright. May have to give it a shot.

Did you notice any FR loss?

No fps loss on my system Duke,thats with Aris clouds mod and sweetfx running

None at all..in fact, it improved the stuttering...so double whammy!!! 

Wait a minute!

That picture was photoshopped or UK WM has been kidnapped by aliens.

That's not a Snipe!

• Like 1

Good Point Duke..I'm afraid I had to take over as Commanding Officer of a Camel Squadron...damn fools had no idea how to give Jerry a Bunch of Five's! :)

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Off was Great.. WOFF is Fabulous..But WOFF with SweetFX...and the new DX9 mod...is amazing!

Widow;

I can't get sweetfx to work on my system (AMD 7870).

Here are the instructions I followed to a T

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3892224/Re_DirectX_8_to_9_converter_th#Post3892224

and here is my results.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3892271/Re_DirectX_8_to_9_converter_th#Post3892271

Anybody have any ideas if this works with AMD 7870 or what I'm doing wrong.

Even ROF can no longer compete at any level (except Multiplayer)

That's putting it a bit strong. (except for multi-player) I think ROF still takes home the marbles for color, shadows and atmosphere (except for overcast days. If you fancy dreary weather, then WOFF rules). True, WOFF is much improved, and the ArisClouds and Sweet FX make it better yet. But I think the overall coloration must be an artifact of the CFS3 engine.

rjw,

I just d/l'ed (I think) all the components I need to install this so hopefully it will work for me.

Maybe I was distracted while looking at the page but the install instructions didn't flow well for me - I copied the SimHQ page so I can follow it line by line.

Maybe double check your install?

rjw... sorry it's not working for you...my only thought is it might be a setting change needed for an AMD card?

I'm not massively up on it..just followed the instructions like yourself, and it worked...that's all i can think...might be an idea to ask the guys who got it sorted on the WOFF forum on simHQ

That's putting it a bit strong. (except for multi-player) I think ROF still takes home the marbles for color, shadows and atmosphere (except for overcast days. If you fancy dreary weather, then WOFF rules). True, WOFF is much improved, and the ArisClouds and Sweet FX make it better yet. But I think the overall coloration must be an artifact of the CFS3 engine.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this one mate. I find ROF far too 'shiny' for my tastes... at times, it looks like the aircraft are made from highly polished chrome

Technically CFS3 (and thus WOFF) is a DirectX 7 game (Direct3d 7 specifically) and lacks many features of a DirectX 9 game such as RoF - Self Shadowing, Normal/Bumpmaps, Global Illumination, HDR, Reflective Water, Programmable Shaders, Multithreading and the list goes on.

STILL, for such a crappy 3d engine straight from year 2002 the artistic direction and the "feel " of WOFF's graphics is very good. Just my .02$  :)

P.S.The best thing that could happen for WOFF is for OBD team to drop the crappy CFS3 and develop it further on a brad new, modern 3d engine...

Edited by SFP1Ace

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this one mate. I find ROF far too 'shiny' for my tastes... at times, it looks like the aircraft are made from highly polished chrome

It does get pretty 'shiny' at times, but I rationalize that as simply 'freshly doped wings'. Perhaps our expectations are different because I spent 30 years in California, and you could probably stand in your doorway and chuck a rock into the North Sea.

Tried it but my graphic improvement was nothing like UK WM's.

The graphics were different but not necessarily better - no apparent FR hit though.

To be honest my system is not first rate and I am not really convinced I had it installed and set-up correctly. Think I will wait till a more "Duke" friendly set of install instructions come out to try again.

OK, I found another set of install instructions that skips the "Flight" program (already deleted it and I forget the name already) and puts SweetFX directly into the WOFF folder.

Definte graphics improvement and no FR loss in preliminary testing.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3881675/11

Look about have way down the page if you are still having problems getting this to work.

How do you turn off SweetFX mid-flight?

Seems like in other threads they say it's "U" but unless I have it installed wrong (again) it appears that does not work but "Scrolllock" does make a visible change.

I am testing back and forth as, on my system, Arias (sp) cloud mod appears better with it off.

EDIT: Disregard. Found the time to wade to 18 pages of posts and it is the Scroll Lock.

Edited by DukeIronHand