Stary

new SF2 video by yes Mlracing

Fine.

I don't like mlracing.

Happy?

Thread closed...you want to continue, take it out of the public forum.

FC

• Like 2

FC

I am going to override your locking of this thread so please do not be offended. We are showing lots of hipocracy. TK's F-4 max file comes to mind. The CAT extractor is another. We are all guilty of using one or the other. TK's seems to have left the PC crowd so we are on our own. If someone can crack the sim open so we can fix it, then so be it. I'm tired of waiting on him.

As far as MLRacing is concerned, I don't like his ass because all he shows is pretty videos, yet when we asked him on who, what, why, when and how...nada from him. He is rubbing that shit in our face just to be an asshole. If he was serious about helping he would of been forthcoming by now. We would of been much more interested if he had not come across acting like a prick and waving his dick around in our pumpkin patch. He tried to and it got chopped off. If he wants to start over and leave that to the distant past that it is, fine with me. Ball is in his court and I am willing to see what he has to say.

Finally Diego, you owe me a pack of monitor wipes.

You can't suddenly care about your virginity when you've let the entire village touch your naughty bits.

• Like 7

What village is this, that everyone will touch your naughty bits?

And agreed from what i've seen on mlracing. If he actually did port it to android, he could make a gob of cash if he didn't want to share. Even from TK just to keep quiet on how he did it. Tho thats doubtful if someone doesnt have the money to make a Starfighter or Intruder pit for gen 2

doubtful if someone doesnt have the money to make a Starfighter or Intruder pit for gen 2

as far as I remember in the past there were some old legal issues with the companies, but as we've got Zipper back then why not revamp the Starfighter and Intruder pits as a DLC is an unknown decision

edit: I mean those would be popular DLCs I'm pretty sure of that

but on the other hand we still wait for USAF or european F-16 DLCs

Edited by Stary

TK's seems to have left the PC crowd so we are on our own. If someone can crack the sim open so we can fix it, then so be it. I'm tired of waiting on him.

Then why we don't try something?

Then why we don't try something?

Because we're in a time loop.

• Like 2

Because we're in a time loop.

Good one. I have no idea or prices or how many hours should a expert expend in order to get what we need, but will not be possible to hire a freelance guy capable of hex editing and tell him what we want? We can do a kickstarter to pay him and the games he will need. As we saw in the list threat it was mainly a 4 or 5 things affair.

Ok, got an answer from TK, please juedge by yourself, think the "piracy affair" is closed by his words, we should decide what to do next.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Okay, that's pretty definitive.  Don't redistribute any original files in what you create.

Now, why don't you see if mlracing wants to do more than rub his junk in your face.

FC

• Like 1

Okay, that's pretty definitive.  Don't include any original files in what you create.

Now, why don't you see if mlracing wants to do more than rub his junk in your face.

FC

You know what a "trainer" is?

From wiki: Game trainers are programs made to modify behavior of a computer game, usually using addresses and values, in order to allow cheating. It can "freeze" a memory address disallowing the game from lowering or changing the information stored at that memory address e.g. health meter, ammo counter. It simply manipulates the data at the memory addresses specified to suit the needs of the person cheating at the game.

We can create the trainer and the user will need his own exe, this way we don't redistribute anything but our own work. And we can try ourselves, the thing we need to decide is how to do it? Do we have anyone that knows how to make hex edition or should we search soemone from outside community?

I reckon that if we could come up with several thousands of $ than we could try to hire some freelancer (posting ads on various forums) to at least unlock the weather  to pre December 2010 levels and fix First Eagles random weather generator bug. Using a pre-made patcher software that would wouldn't include any original TW files, thus complying with TK's policy. If that would work then we could pick it up from there. But I wonder we'll able to gather a couple of hundred $, not to mention thousands.....

Edited by SFP1Ace

Well, depending on how you read TK's response, you could, in theory, even distribute a hacked exe file (because it's not the original exe file).

Now, my preference would be a distributed 'patcher' ... this requires you to have the original files on hand.  Plus the 'patcher' would probably be smaller than an altered exe, dll, etc.

FC

what about data modifications to dll? If done with patching programs?

Also Harold what do you think now about opening the hidden stuff, namely .fx shader files? For modification purposes?

edit: and say I have those shaders, can I send them to one who knows about shader programming for modifications? Like postprocess and water shaders?

Edited by Stary

Stary,  honestly, TK's response is pretty open to me...seems like everything is up for modification.  Redistribution of 'original files' could be interpreted as 'non altered, stock files'.

Again, in theory, that could be interpreted that we can distribute altered files that have the original names.

I'm hesitant to go that far (redistribution verses patching) or ask for clarification (at least initially) since his current response is more than I expected.

FC

Is possible to create and distribute "patches" that change or modify the exes? This way we can acomplish what TK requests, not distributing original files and at the same time mod the game as we want.

Would that be acceptable for everyone?

since his current response is more than I expected.

FC

to be honest it isn't the response I was expecting

ok enough of tongue-in-cheek talk: I simply want to modify the old terrain engine water shaders to include better reflection based of Iceland water shaders I got from someone; given I did tweaks to postprocess shaders 3 years ago I think redistributing these wouldn't be a violation as much as redistributing modified data of aircraft is

Stratos, I think that's fine.

Honestly, my major objection to the whole thing at the time was erring on the conversative side of legalities hacking.  Now that TK has made his thoughts more clear on the matter, I don't have that objection anymore.

I would say we are putting the cart before the horse here...worry about what you want to have done, how it needs to work, then worry about what can and can't be redistributed.

For right now, keep that email posted, use your best judgment, you have the same view to the email that I do.

FC

• Like 2

I know of a serious professional site that let you publish a job offer specifying what you need and how much can you pay. Then a freelance will pick the job. I think is a good way to do it.

But how we gather the money?

Will users here pay for the new features?

I think Stratos you're jumping too far ahead with the proposal of actually hiring a guy

I think we'd better concentrate now on finding stuff that's hidden from us (LODs aside ofc)

Speaking of which you do realise core dlls can be extracted using mere 7zip? (not that it would make one smarter) And that lots lots of strings and variables can be discovered unig PE explorer-type programs?

so for example for avionics gurus here's avionics 70 dll strings:

Avionics70.dll.str.txt

Edited by Stary

Yes, got a bit carried away. I better leave the pros deal with the new stuff.

I simply say it's reasonale to gather together what we have or can extract from the core files (in a legal way, but apparently as per the letter TK doesn't seem to be against such explorations) before starting to even think about hiring someone to -exactly, to do what?

I simply say it's reasonale to gather together what we have or can extract from the core files (in a legal way, but apparently as per the letter TK doesn't seem to be against such explorations) before starting to even think about hiring someone to -exactly, to do what?

I agree with you, I simply posted the idea of hiring a guy to add more realism in the avionics department and If possible add more features to the terrain. If we can do that by ourselves will be better. I didn't even know there were cat files that now we can open. Maybe the realism enhancement can be done this way?

Maybe to some extend. I remember loong ago I fiddled with the ground objects and had at one point tanks that were hardly destroyable by 20mm cannons. Structure value points or something, can't recollect, t'was around SF2 Exp1 came out.

I think lots of stuff in the dlls isn't commonl used in avionics etc, worth peeking into

I'll just throw in that his response appears slightly boilerplate to me, and I don't think we can take his statement about "future patches or expansion packs" as any admission of something coming up. I think this is the same response with variations he's given for years to people that have asked him about this.

JM, sure, except TK mentions mods that change the core binary files (ie hacks).  Those weren't mentioned before.  The email reads to me that he expects editing of those files...which pretty much opens up the game.

FC