After starting with this:

http://combatace.com/topic/80718-wings-over-iberia/

I said to me..... No, I don't like it...

So I did a second version now with the soviets as bad guys during the 80's but..... No, I don't like it...

So I said to me , What can I do then? Oh yeah , remenber perejil affaire in 2002? , what about something dealing with Ceuta and Melilla .... Yes, I like it..... Here it is:

3wvh.jpg

I've reworked the original's "peninsula Iberica" terrain, now all this new bases are Include in Spain:

*Base aérea de Manises

*Base aérea de Albacete

*Base aérea de Morón

*Base aérea de la Talavera de la Real

This ones in portugal:

*Monte real Air base

And that ones at Morocco:

*Meknes Bassakine

*Sidi Silimane

But there are other things..... I've reworked spanish Hornet's loadout:

eniw.jpg

vjh1.jpg

And Also Harrier's one:

kuuv.jpg

I've made the new F-18B used by the spanish air force, based on the USN F-18D:

0ip4.jpg

I've also been working on "The patas negras":

ktpz.jpg

Also thanks to Ludo and all those amazing guys I've been able to do this:

gpj0.jpg

0ep0.jpg

un5p.jpg

For sure that this bird will be there too:

5if9.jpg

And now... here you have the F-5EIII of the Royal Moroccian Air force!!!!

1nyy.jpg

gbbl.jpg

And finally my best product..... Moroccian air force F-16 Block 40...

ql8n.jpg

t98l.jpg

Many surprises coming soon....

Cheers

Cangas

Edited by cangas
  • Like 5

Pretty amazing!! Looking forward to see what you can do.

Great what if! 

But don't include Algeria, they hate Morocco and wouldn't have meddled. 

Lovely, i wish i could have finished my project, but now that you are on it...:D

EDIT, as a side note, F-5BMs don´t use AIM-9X, dunno if IRIS-T have been integrated, but if not, they would use AIM-9JULI like the Mirage F1M

Edited by macelena

Great what if! 

But don't include Algeria, they hate Morocco and wouldn't have meddled. 

I know, but it is easy to not include them, is just a little bit of ini editing in the terrains target.ini.

Lovely, i wish i could have finished my project, but now that you are on it...:D

EDIT, as a side note, F-5BMs don´t use AIM-9X, dunno if IRIS-T have been integrated, but if not, they would use AIM-9JULI like the Mirage F1M

Yes , yes you are right I've just changed the loadouts  the uses the same missiles as the ones in the F-1.

Edited by cangas

Good idea. Could you do a 80s conflict as well, Spain vs. Morocco? Mirage F1CE vs. CH? I think there may be more flyables done for a conflict like that.

Good idea. Could you do a 80s conflict as well, Spain vs. Morocco? Mirage F1CE vs. CH? I think there may be more flyables done for a conflict like that.

Not really.... This campaign is held in 2005 so by that time Morocco still had the CH's..... About the 80's , the Spanish air force and navy did not have the same means as in 2005 but Morocco only had F-5's and CH's.... So the balance was similar... and I don't want to add Algeria as an enemy as they don't have good relationships with Morocco... Campaign Modding is not an easy issue ....

By the way, that map could be great for another what if: Algeria vs Morocco+some western nations... :)

By the way, that map could be great for another what if: Algeria vs Morocco+some western nations... :)

For example

Ok.... the war will be also held at the south...

x931.jpg

And F-18 from Gando:

mg8c.jpg

7xbk.jpg

As a side note, the 462nd Sqn in the Canary Islands only use single seaters. Also, those are US models, not exactly EF-18M, but F-18A+. Depending on the timeframe, their engines and ECM are different, but otherwise, if you don´t want to be picky, they are almost the same as the peninsular ones

As a side note, the 462nd Sqn in the Canary Islands only use single seaters. Also, those are US models, not exactly EF-18M, but F-18A+. Depending on the timeframe, their engines and ECM are different, but otherwise, if you don´t want to be picky, they are almost the same as the peninsular ones

I believe thant they where upgrade to A+ when come to Spain and they where also upgrade to M, now all the fleet have the nose landing gear like the us models (ala 12 and 15 have parts removed and had counterwheight).

now all the fleet have the nose landing gear like the us models (ala 12 and 15 have parts removed and had counterwheight).

Can you explain a bit more that part of the wheels? Never seen a C-15 with different landing gears.

• Like 1

If only we had a Su-30MKA model, we could do an awesome campaign with Algerian friendly and Moroccan comptempted governments being toppled by Islamist-Magreb Nationalist and turning against Spain.

Can you explain a bit more that part of the wheels? Never seen a C-15 with different landing gears.

The EF-18 had a diferent front gear, it didn't have the part of the gear that connet wiht the catapult

post-22478-0-69109300-1394231837_thumb.jpg

The canary hornets had it because they are ex-us navy planes

post-22478-0-76136900-1394231949_thumb.jpg

Finaly in the middle ot 2013  the EF-18 change they nose gear, they use a nose gear looks like the us navy, but no fully carrier capable

post-22478-0-32286700-1394232172_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looking great, perhaps the peak is too abrupt, but i don´t think there is much to be done with it. If you have the mod your way, it is going to be better than anything i could have done back then

Looking great, perhaps the peak is too abrupt, but i don´t think there is much to be done with it. If you have the mod your way, it is going to be better than anything i could have done back then

I may change the "height scale" and smooth it, but the result won't be much better than this one.

Mountains are the big problem for the HFD/TFD based terrains. The very low res terrain elevation data spread over a very large area = bad peaks. But not much to be done about it, maybe TK will revive the development of the new LOD based terrain engine sometime.

Mountains are the big problem for the HFD/TFD based terrains. The very low res terrain elevation data spread over a very large area = bad peaks. But not much to be done about it, maybe TK will revive the development of the new LOD based terrain engine sometime.

LOD based terrain... Like Iceland NA

How many Day Attack Harriers had the spanish navy in 2005?

Right now I'm working with tha Targets on the Peninsula Iberica map. I'm gonna made the targets at Argelia as friendly.

Edited by cangas