pcpilot

Here is a pilot with some SERIOUS skills!

Oh yeah, I saw this several years ago. It's incredible. I'm interested to see how they would have gotten the plane out of there too. Apparently it was quite a small runway...

It's like watching an airliner carrier landing.

Edited by SayWhatt
  • Like 1

after landing a C-130 on an aircraft carrier, why not an airliner?  :biggrin:

great landing!

• Like 2

If Iceland had normal names, there was an airstrip in SF2NA whose real life landing videos are beyond awesome

Edit: like this

Edited by macelena
  • Like 3

Discovery or Natgeo had a program of the most dangerous airports and this was one of them.

There are specific training sim profile for this with a highly detailed airfield model so the pilots can train for it.

Awesome skills!

Yeah, woulda loved to see a takeoff too, lol. Incredibly short and steep approach. Tripped me out watching him skim over those bushes and trees, then he had a bit of a crosswind too. Who says there isn't seat of the pants flying anymore, lol. I know my butt cheeks woulda been clenching the seat cushions!

Its still incredible to see every time. here's another one. I remember reading a book way back when and seeing a picture of a 747 making its approach on a runway surrounded by building. Like the runway was in the middle of a town on both sides there was buildings.

http://youtu.be/RIvbm2ZlsnQ

They seldom fail to impress these guys and gals, thats for sure!