Sign in to follow this  
Dave

True Facts About Morgan Freeman

• Like 4

Too funny, Dave.  Thank you, Morgan Freeman.

David Letterman once said of Morgan Freeman "He never read a script that he turned down". And he was kind of right about that. The guy seems to appear in small random roles in so many movies. Many is the time I'd be watching some terrible B list movie, and there would be Morgan Freeman playing some small part. I always think to myself: "Why would such a good actor be in such a poorly written movie?" Lucky Number Sleven is a perfect example. But then again....Ben Kingsley is also in that flick.

Ricardo Montalban, when asked in the 1970's or 1980's, why he kept acting and taking often "smaller" roles in movies said, "They have a name for actors who have stopped acting. It's 'unemployed'."

David Letterman once said of Morgan Freeman "He never read a script that he turned down". And he was kind of right about that. The guy seems to appear in small random roles in so many movies. Many is the time I'd be watching some terrible B list movie, and there would be Morgan Freeman playing some small part. I always think to myself: "Why would such a good actor be in such a poorly written movie?" Lucky Number Sleven is a perfect example. But then again....Ben Kingsley is also in that flick.

That is how Morgan freeman got his start, plays, musicals in the 60s and 70s, and a lot of bit roles in b,c,d-list movies in the late 70s through 80s. He brought the funk to the Electric Company.

He also has prior Air Force service in the 1950s as a radar/radio tech.

http://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/career-advice/military-transition/famous-veteran-morgan-freeman.html

Look at the credits list for Christopher Lee. That guy not only never turned down a role, he seems to have gotten every role he ever tried to get, was offered, or had a brief thought about.

I remember him saying in an interview that an actor really shouldn't be bothered by whether they think a film will be good or not, the job was to act the role, not ensure the overall quality of the film--that is the responsibility of the director.

It boiled down to every job was something for your resume. You do the best you can do in the confines of what you have to work with. So if your performance is the only thing in the film that DOESN'T suck, that's fine, because you did your best and you can use it as proof that you're a professional.

He also has prior Air Force service in the 1950s as a radar/radio tech.

Maybe that's why his character in "Last Vegas" wore a "USAF Retired" cap.

Fan-TAS-tic movie, btw. Tuly a case of the whole being more than the sum of its parts. And considering the parts were Freeman, Robert DeNiero, Michael Douglas and Kevin Kline, that's quite a sum right there.

Morgan Freeman pimp-extrodanare!

giphy.gif

(Won't post clips from the movie here due to them being NSFW.)