Sign in to follow this  
Peugeot205

Terrain Gurus please take a look at this

Does any of you know how can I solve the problem of this "white line" over the water , it only happens in the water I think that the problem may be at the Terrain data.ini. Thanks in advance.

14403053854_fbbbd3dbe8_b.jpg

I know I solved mine, but can't remember how. I changed the graphics and resolution and... I think in Lybia map I donwloaded a "MAP update" IIRC.

I know I solved mine, but can't remember how. I changed the graphics and resolution and... I think in Lybia map I donwloaded a "MAP update" IIRC.

I thinks that it is not the same issue Stratos , because the effect seems to be different..

I solved it on some terrains (don't know why it doesn't work on other terrains) by changing these parameters in the terrain data.ini:

[HeightOffset]
LowDetailMesh=0.5
WaterMesh=0.8

BTW such effect could also be avoided using a better resolution and antialiasing, but for that you need a powerful computer.

Edited by blaze95

I solved it on some terrains (don't know why it doesn't work on other terrains) by changing these parameters in the terrain data.ini:

[HeightOffset]

LowDetailMesh=0.5

WaterMesh=0.8

BTW such effect could also be avoided using a better resolution and antialiasing, but for that you need a powerful computer.

No effect. I have a very powerfull computer.

might also REALLY help to know what terrain!

might also REALLY help to know what terrain!

A very old one , the eaw terrain for SFP1

be advised, the terrain I mentioned is WW2 ONLY!!! It's not the "modern" version of the EAW map.

You need to look through all the files in that terrain folder -- the data ini, hm_bmps, and the tga tiles as well

be advised, the terrain I mentioned is WW2 ONLY!!! It's not the "modern" version of the EAW map.

You need to look through all the files in that terrain folder -- the data ini, hm_bmps, and the tga tiles as well

Problem solved. Thank you very much Wrench

:biggrin:

You're welcome!

So how did you solve it?

by following my instructions (and/or using the WW2 version and modernizing it)