Sign in to follow this  
Chutedangle

Deleted IL-2, Who needs the headaches?

I dumped it.

I have Falcon AF, and Falcon BMS, and Strike Fighters 2.

The same old story with Ubisoft, make a game that's more

of a pain than it is fun to play. I stopped buying Ubisoft games.

This was a deal I got from Half Priced Books, not worth the $6.00

it cost.

For the folks who loved this game...more power to you. :biggrin:

I feel ya. I stopped for a long time, but I get the urge to fly some pistons every now and again. The latest update has really upped the Ai to annoyingly high levels. It seems they swapped the tail gunners for pilots. I've had IL2 since the beginning and have seen many awesome additions, and some terrible mistakes, but I'm loyal.

Since the demise of Jane's USAF and before SF1, I had to have something online, and there was only IL2. I learned a lot about the planes from online guys. I'm still learning how to fly the things.

DCS P-51 vs FW-190, I get smoked, can't maintain speed, altitude, he just kills me over and over. It's kinda the same in IL2, P-51 I end up stalling and that's it.

I've tried smooth controls (smoked), aggressive (stalled), manual (overheat), auto (no control). SF2 rocks, but I like to have more options.

Anyway, thanks for bringing it up so I could vent too.

I had to have something online, and there was only IL2.

I logged onto this forum as I have just been re-trying some flight sims I had installed on my oldHDDs I brought with me from Australia. They include a combo of Forgotten battles and Pacific Fighters. The original post interested me.

However, back to the quote:

A small number of us are still flying European Air war online at Gameranger. I have just posted a link to the EAW 1.40 update in the EAW forum here.

If you are interested check out the EAW forum at SimHQ too.

Jel :cool:

Interested in all things BoB. I have BoB II WoV (fully patched) and like it for what it is. Also a die hard CFS3 nut,(9 installs).  Have Pats' BoB for CFS3,(a new version coming soon), and Just Flights' BoB for CFS3 and love them ( no bugs ever). About to reinstall CLoD. Hope the updates corrects the terrible bugs in the sim. When i first installed CLoD it was garbage .Will try again...Thanks to Team Fusion and their hard work. Excellent video. got me all excited !!

Edited by sixstrings