Sign in to follow this  
JonathanRL

F-35: The failed movie star

Indeed, it has allways been surprising how bad they perform. But the Raptor never did much better, look at Transformers, Hulk, et cetera. Btw, wasn´t it after Hulk, the first and AFAIK the only movie to feature the RAH-66, that the Comanche got cancelled?

What really bothers me the most is that even the most advanced aircrafts in Hollywood movies tend to act as if they're WWII fighters.  :blackeye:  :fool:

That's because modern air combat looks really boring on a screen. A plane sees something on a screen and fires a missile. It may or may not hit. Rinse and repeat.

Space combat would be even worse, on screen. The best attempt I suppose was the new Battlestar G. show.

Same with stratospheric combat, SAC vs PVO, B-58s vs MiG-25s, all you would see is a dot, if you were lucky, a contrail, and maybe a BIG flash.

at least they cancelled Top Gun 2 haha

at least they cancelled Top Gun 2 haha

Nesher, please don't laugh. Top Gun 2 was not cancelled, instead, I'm quoting the article, "the film was put on hiatus in August after director Tony Scott committed suicide". I find it rather sad, to say the least.

Back on the thread, sure thing is the American public opinion thinks that the F-35 sucks. I wonder what would have happened if the ugly and beautiful X-32 won the competition instead of the X-35. We Italians have to buy 70 or more of these things, I hope they are worth it (after all they are meant to substitute the old Harriers).

American public opinion thinks that because the media has persuaded them to think that because "expensive $$$$ new jet paid with taxpayer money FAIL" gets them viewers and that gets ads which gets THEM money. The fact that this story has repeated itself for every past program escapes them, and when the next one happens they'll have forgotten this one.

American public opinion thinks that because the media has persuaded them to think that because "expensive $$$$ new jet paid with taxpayer money FAIL" gets them viewers and that gets ads which gets THEM money. The fact that this story has repeated itself for every past program escapes them, and when the next one happens they'll have forgotten this one.

I totally agree. Of course I am not blaming the public opinion but the media which make people think one way and not the other (TV, movies and all that crap). Still I wonder if the X-32 was that bad, but we need another thread for such discussion.

Edited by blaze95