yes, a new airfield lod. Just a simple runway, no taxiways, no nothing else. This would solve an airfield (not) flattening issue that's seemingly height field related on the terrain I'm working on. No matter what I do, it won't flatten the eastern edge of the "region".

It needs to be 1200 meter long, 90 m wide, orientated north/south, with the exact world center at 45m x 600m -- right directly in the middle. Just like the stock runways (in fact, it'll replace a 3)

as it's to be a unpaved dirt, textures aren't all that important (but for other terraformers, could be retextured to tarmac later on).

Any and all help from our 3D Wizards ™ is DEEPLY appreciated!!

Thanks!

I can do that. texture TGA? since it is supposed to have some transparency on the edges?

Monty CZ

Monty

Can I have pony too please? :lol:

Monty

Can I have pony too please? :lol:

:idhitit:

post-11906-0-63630000-1412334277_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I did start Mirimar and RAF ST Athans...but havent done much...if use to you monty...they urs to adapt etc..

I havent done airfields before so pretty much not sure what im doing lol

post-1981-0-35660900-1412345352.jpg

post-1981-0-74338600-1412345360_thumb.jpg

Thank you Monty!!

tgas as textures would be fine!! Give the impression of grass around the edges and such.

an runway like that would be most usefull for small airports all around the world, in any era

---

that's outstanding, Russ!! Remember, build it with a N/S orientation, and the would center at the middle of the main runway. Make it easier to build the airfield ini that way.

Guys, just something to consider and a personal preference....

I absolutely HATE using .tgas for textures in the Gen2 engine, the way it renders tends to introduce nasty flickering especially at altitude and they are a performance hog on top of it.

I might suggest as another option, to build the detail you need using an addiitonal low-poly primitive mesh instead (like a simple plane object or box).

Edited by swambast

I don't know, here's a super quick and dirty mock-up to think about...?

post-13298-0-19391700-1412376251.jpg

Here's what I mean by adding the mesh edge, you can simply have more verts you can pull to make it look more natural/irregular vs. adding that .tga texture.

But trust me, I'm an amateur and I'm sure those much more skilled than I can chime in...

post-13298-0-78013900-1412376684.jpg

Edited by swambast